Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: The-worlds-best-binoculars...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
The-worlds-best-binoculars...
      #318468 - 27/07/18 10:54 AM

http://www.gunsandammo.com/gear-accessories/the-worlds-best-binoculars/

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: The-worlds-best-binoculars... [Re: Ripp]
      #318477 - 27/07/18 02:00 PM

Quote:

For once I agree with the three brands.

Instead of the usual push advertising.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Ripp
.577 member

Re: The-worlds-best-binoculars... [Re: NitroX]
      #318488 - 28/07/18 12:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

For once I agree with the three brands.

Instead of the usual push advertising.

Agree--was waiting to see some crap on there like Bushnell or the like.. but for once, a legit article..

Have used Swaro's for the better part of 30 years..love them..

Really like the 8x32 EL's with the range finder.. great for bow hunting..
AND
the 10x40's EL Range for rifle hunting...

Have one or the other with me all the time...

Ripp

--------------------

Yochanan
.375 member

Reged: 26/01/03
Loc: Volksdiktatur Schweden
      #318516 - 28/07/18 08:52 PM

I read the "product placement" information but had expected a more detailed optical test.

..lots of salespitch as usual in these paid advertisement papers. Keeps reminding me why I don't buy many "gunrags" these days.

--------------------
© "I have never been able to appreciate 'shock' as applied to killing big game. It seems to me that you cannot kill an elephant weighing six tons by ´shock´unless you advocate the use of a field gun." - W.D.M. Bell: Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter.

Ripp
.577 member

Re: The-worlds-best-binoculars... [Re: Yochanan]
      #318520 - 29/07/18 01:19 AM

Quote:

I read the "product placement" information but had expected a more detailed optical test.

..lots of salespitch as usual in these paid advertisement papers. Keeps reminding me why I don't buy many "gunrags" these days.

True--its hard anymore to get a good honest and accurate report on most things..the case in point I think of is when Nosler come out with all their new proprietary cartridges..26,28,30, and 33 Nosler...Every magazine I read exclaimed on how it will beat the RUM's..which is utter bullshit..same case design, holding 8-10 grains less powder and will drive a bullet faster ..a liberal might believe that ..but no one with even a dash of common sense will..

--------------------

Ripp
.577 member

Re: The-worlds-best-binoculars... [Re: Yochanan]
      #318545 - 29/07/18 01:13 PM

Quote:

MORE INFO
http://huntingbinoculars.net/2018/04/04/swarovski-el-o-range-10x42-w-b-vs-leica-geovid-10x42-hd-b/

--------------------

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
      #322648 - 20/12/18 07:22 PM

G'Day Fella's,

Thanks for sharing those links Ripp.

For the past 20 ish years, I have only ever owned Leica bino's.
The main reason for this is, after a bit of time has passed, sitting around at the "Sundowner Lounge", I have issues pronouncing Swarovski!
Well......... in any manner that can be understood, by others at least.
Leica on the other hand, seems to cause me little or no issues.

All jokes aside, I have owned a pair of Leica 10x42 BA's and a Laser range finder for 20 ish years (still do).
Last year, I purchased a new pair of Leica 10x42's, with built in laser rangefinder.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Donuts!

We are so blessed with quality and options these days and at my age (62 today), I'm not able to see the difference between Swaro's and Leica optical equipment. They are both make Great Bino's!

Merry Christmas you lot and Best Wishes to you all, for 2019.
Homer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

Ahmed577
.333 member

Reged: 13/06/13
Loc: Western Australia
Re: The-worlds-best-binoculars... [Re: Homer]
      #322650 - 20/12/18 11:14 PM

“Happy birthday HOMER.

Ripp
.577 member

#322651 - 21/12/18 12:51 AM

Quote:

G'Day Fella's,

Thanks for sharing those links Ripp.

For the past 20 ish years, I have only ever owned Leica bino's.
The main reason for this is, after a bit of time has passed, sitting around at the "Sundowner Lounge", I have issues pronouncing Swarovski!
Well......... in any manner that can be understood, by others at least.
Leica on the other hand, seems to cause me little or no issues.

All jokes aside, I have owned a pair of Leica 10x42 BA's and a Laser range finder for 20 ish years (still do).
Last year, I purchased a new pair of Leica 10x42's, with built in laser rangefinder.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Donuts!

We are so blessed with quality and options these days and at my age (62 today), I'm not able to see the difference between Swaro's and Leica optical equipment. They are both make Great Bino's!

Merry Christmas you lot and Best Wishes to you all, for 2019.
Homer

First of all --HAPPY BIRTHDAY...

Secondly, agree with your assessment... the only other binocular that comes close is Bushnell.. said no one ever..

A gentlemen told me a long time ago -Swarovski --think of it this way--you go skiing and you break a leg..you decide to never go skiing again..so basically you "swore off ski" --ing..ever again..

Same as if you need an ambulance you "call us" for Kahles... have never forgotten that... back in the day when I heard it pronounced by some as Swarski..

and YES--both are very very good---every eye is different..for my eyes, the Swaro's seemed just a shade clearer..but, that was before the latest Leica's come out..all I read, the new Leica's have the "magic"...

with the built in range finder, they are a dream come true no matter which brand you get..If I didn't have a pair on my last Ibex hunt, pretty sure I would not have gotten the game..running through the timber..hit the button --range--shoot..doesn't get much simpler than that..

Enjoy the Leica's ..

Merry Christmas

Ripp

--------------------

Homer
.416 member

#322709 - 23/12/18 08:20 AM

G'Day Fella's,

Thank You Ahmed577 and Ripp, for your kind wishes.

Further to the new Leica R/finder Bino's, I have a couple of different SD cards, programed for different rifle/cartridge combo's of mine (7mm Rem Mag & .338 Lap Mag ..... and soon, for .257 W/by Mag). So depending on which rifle I'm out hunting/shooting with, I slip in the SD card to suit, and go for a walk/drive .............. the rest is up to me!

FYI, I'm just about to place an order for one of these Kits (3.3 ish, meter long) but not sure which brand yet;
Maybe this brand <a href="http://www.wattscraft.com" target="_blank">www.wattscraft.com</a>
But probably this (for Face Bookers) with the rear step https://www.facebook.com/liquidviolationboats/?epa=SEARCH_BOX
Here is a You Tube video of the same size LVB boat I'm looking at (3300mm long), I'm still considering which engine and jet pump to use...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtE2ESpIAp8

Merry Christmas you mob and a BIG Thank You for all your Help, Advice, Knowledge, Experience and Humor and Best Wishes to you all, for 2019!
Homer

--------------------

Ripp
.577 member

#322712 - 23/12/18 12:45 PM

Quote:

G'Day Fella's,

Thank You Ahmed577 and Ripp, for your kind wishes.

Further to the new Leica R/finder Bino's, I have a couple of different SD cards, programed for different rifle/cartridge combo's of mine (7mm Rem Mag & .338 Lap Mag ..... and soon, for .257 W/by Mag). So depending on which rifle I'm out hunting/shooting with, I slip in the SD card to suit, and go for a walk/drive .............. the rest is up to me!

FYI, I'm just about to place an order for one of these Kits (3.3 ish, meter long) but not sure which brand yet;
Maybe this brand <a href="http://www.wattscraft.com" target="_blank">www.wattscraft.com</a>
But probably this (for Face Bookers) with the rear step https://www.facebook.com/liquidviolationboats/?epa=SEARCH_BOX
Here is a You Tube video of the same size LVB boat I'm looking at (3300mm long), I'm still considering which engine and jet pump to use...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtE2ESpIAp8

Merry Christmas you mob and a BIG Thank You for all your Help, Advice, Knowledge, Experience and Humor and Best Wishes to you all, for 2019!
Homer

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well Homer
Those boats look like they should work well..have to let us know what you end up with..

As to the SD cards, that is where the Leica's are nicer than the Swaro's..they offer that technology..which is nice...

Best of lUck

Ripp

--------------------

Homer
.416 member

#322720 - 23/12/18 06:11 PM

Thank You for that Ripp.

Will do mate (on what mini jet boat I go with, some time in January), then theirs a 6 week lead time on orders, and then the shipping wait, from NZ to here ..........

Double Doh!!
Homer

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3629

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com