Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Amercian Booking Agent for Europe ???

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Europe

Pages: 1
DBBill
.300 member

Reged: 25/05/03
Loc: Southern California, USA
Amercian Booking Agent for Europe ???
      #28138 - 22/03/05 03:37 PM

Anyone know an American booking agent who sets up hunts in Europe for game such as red deer, roebuck and boar?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DPhillips
.375 member

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Alaska
Re: Amercian Booking Agent for Europe ??? [Re: DBBill]
      #28194 - 23/03/05 12:31 PM

http://www.ausafari.com/england.html
John and Lanelle Barth
Jeff and Paula Sellers
Adventure Unlimited Inc.
710 Buffalo Street,
Suite 810
Corpus Christi, Texas

Chasseur
.375 member

Reged: 18/11/03
Loc: Hunting classic Indian game!
Re: Amercian Booking Agent for Europe ??? [Re: DPhillips]
      #28195 - 23/03/05 01:02 PM

Though here are some booking agents:

http://www.waderson.com/ (has stalking in Scotland)

The Hunting Consortium, hunt@huntcon.com

Diana (though its Danish)
http://www.diana.dk/diana_jagt/html/

I've not actually used any of these services I've just looked into them.

At the risk of sounding controversal, for many areas in Western Europe I'm not sure you really need a booking agent. I am sure of their benefits when hunting Africa, Asia, or Eastern Europe/Russia. If you look at the prices of say red deer stalking in Scotland and compare the standard prices estates or stalkers charge compared to what US based booking agents normaly charge I'm not sure most booking agents are worth it. The few times I've hunted in Europe I've just booked like a local would and had a great time for a good price.

If you are interested in the UK buy a copy of "The William Evans Good Shoot Guide" sort of like a British "Black's Wing and Clay" has contact information for agents for game shooting and deer stalking.

Hope this helps! Hunting in Europe is great fun, and it easy to fit in things for the familly so it reduces hunting stress

--------------------
In regards to action he should devote himself to hunting...
-Machiavelli

Edited by Chasseur (23/03/05 01:12 PM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #28198 - 23/03/05 02:05 PM

DBBill

I haven't used these booking agents but would consider them. Named below.

Previously when in Europe I tried an American booking agent based there and never booked through him. I was very disappointed in his recommendations. Firstly I was hunting I think it was May, really a holiday but hoped to get onto Roe deer and boar in Czech while there. The booking agent told me it was impossible to hunt boar in May only Winter as it was too hard in Summer. The price he gave me for a roe stag hunt was equivalent to an African cape buffalo hunt (almost) so I thought stuff that. I know roe hunts can be had quite cheaply especiall since. I did a little bit of shooting and hunting while there but organised this myself.

Later I corresponded with Christer Hansson (cchunter) and he hunted a region of Poland the year before at exactly the same time and took numerous boar and roe trophies for good prices. I was very pissed off at that booking agent and they are blacklisted as far as I am concerned.

The three I would consider if going there now are:

Diana Hunts of Denmark. I have heard both good things and not so good. But where it was lacking they did some deal to make it up.

Also try Christer Hansson himself. He now does bookings for various hunts in Europe, Latvia (red deer in Latvia BTW) etc. CcHunter on NE.com Not active on any forums anymore unfortunately.

Another guy to try is another member of various forums EXPRESS who titles himself an Aussie in italy. He lives in Sienna and I believe he can organise some hunting in italy for you if you request. I know he hunts boar and possibly also red deer.

Next time I head to Europe I will definitely be talking to both Christer and Express and also hopefully some of the friends I have made on NE.com and AR.

Good luck. Make sure you tell us here how it goes if you do some hunts there.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

DPhillips
.375 member

Reged: 09/10/03
Loc: Alaska
      #28203 - 23/03/05 05:24 PM

Might also contact Atcheson & Sons
http://www.atcheson.com/adventuresList.aspx?mid=5

470Nitro
.333 member

Reged: 17/09/03
Loc: Madrid - Spain
      #28240 - 24/03/05 09:12 AM

With Blue Water Big Game (http://www.bluewaterbiggame.com/) you can hunt all over the world and they're american.

The best one in Spain is Safari Headlands (http://www.safariheadlands.com), they used to book for whole Europe too.

Anyway, if you think to come to Spain, I'll be glad to help you to find the best prices and trophies .

--------------------
-----
down by the river on a friday night
pyramid of cans in the pale moonlight
talkin' 'bout guns and dreamin 'bout women
never had a plan just a livin' for the minute

EricD
.416 member

Reged: 27/02/04
      #28267 - 24/03/05 07:04 PM

I'd give Peter Swales ( peterswales@kiltarlity@com ) a try. He's an Englishman who used the run the hunting for H&H when they had an inhouse set up for hunting trips. He's a very decent guy with a very good reputation.

Erik

Chasseur
.375 member

Re: Amercian Booking Agent for Europe ??? [Re: EricD]
      #28293 - 25/03/05 05:05 AM

Agreed Peter is a great guy. Had a good write up in "Sports Afield" about him a little while back.

--------------------
-Machiavelli

mickey
.416 member

Reged: 05/01/03
Loc: Pend Oreille Valley, Idaho
Re: Amercian Booking Agent for Europe ??? [Re: Chasseur]
      #28328 - 25/03/05 04:24 PM

I'm not an expert in hunting in Europe but I think that personnal contacts are far superior to Booking Agents. This is true in most of the World by the way.

I hunted in the Czech Republic last Fall and had a ball. Roe Deer, Mouflon, Boar, Fallow Deer, all at very reasonable prices. Most with no trophy fees. I was invited on a number of Drive Hunts, both on State Forest and Private land where no trophy fees were charged. I was also invited to hunt by about a dozen people I met in Germany, CZ, Slovakia and England.

Being an American helped as we were graciously recieved everywhere we went. That does not seem to be the case with all countries.

I would do as Nitro proposed and contact members on this Forum who live in Europe and request information and help. The best way and by far the easiest on the wallet.

One other thing is to visit a Gun Shop while there. We went into Frankonia in Nuremburg and my buddy asked if they knew of somebody that would take us Boar Hunting. A gentleman standing next to us at the counter said that he would be honored if we would be his guest the folowing Saturday for a Drive Hunt. Unfortunately we would not be in Germany then but I have his name and sent him a Christmas Card and have a standing invitation when I go back. In December, by the way.

This also works in Montana and in Australia by the way. People like to meet and entertain foreign visitors, I know I do.

--------------------
Lovu Zdar
Mick

A Man of Pleasure, Enterprise, Wit and Spirit Rare Books, Big Game Hunting, English Rifles, Fishing, Explosives, Chauvinism, Insensitivity, Public Drunkenness and Sloth, Champion of Lost and Unpopular Causes.

Chasseur
.375 member

Re: Amercian Booking Agent for Europe ??? [Re: mickey]
      #28369 - 26/03/05 03:33 PM

Well said Mickey.

Almost all of my hunting in Europe was at the invitation of people I knew, or recomendations of others. No booking agent. I had a great time, and the cost of the things I did pay for was much less than half the sport if I was trying to book equivilent hunting here. People really liked the idea of hosting Americans to hunt.

Of course this is less helpful for the first time guy without personal contacts.

--------------------
-Machiavelli

Edited by Chasseur (27/03/05 12:56 AM)

larcher
.416 member

Reged: 11/01/05
Loc: Saverne, Alsace, France
      #28817 - 02/04/05 06:31 PM

DB

In France, the state owned ONF Forest National Office is organising taylor made in excellent territories where the success rate is about 100%.
Here is a link to ask a brochure / ONF
Fill the form and PM it. You do not need to speak French to understand the form, quite the same words.

I am not very fluent in French but CHASSEUR is the best kid of the block, he can help
regards JB

--------------------
"I don't want to create an encyclopedic atmosphere here when we might be having a beer instead" P H Capstick in "Safari the last adventure."

Chasseur
.375 member

Re: Amercian Booking Agent for Europe ??? [Re: larcher]
      #28854 - 03/04/05 05:57 AM

Non, pas moi JB

--------------------
-Machiavelli

fritzijaeger
.224 member

Reged: 21/01/05
      #28860 - 03/04/05 08:11 AM

Hello DBBill !

I am from Austria and i deal with the meat of game we have like roe deer, red stalk, boar, pheasant, ducks....and cangaroos of shure .

I have a lot of contacts for roe deer.
And great contact to friends where they have mufflon, chamois, red stalk and boar.

But roe deer are such a common game like for you kangaroo( i hope you are from Australia)

So let me know if you need more info about anything.
By the way from where are you?

With best greatings

Fritzijaeger

DBBill
.300 member

Reged: 25/05/03
Loc: Southern California, USA
Re: Amercian Booking Agent for Europe ??? [Re: fritzijaeger]
      #28872 - 03/04/05 06:56 PM

Hi Fritzijaeger,

Although I have visited Australia & New Zealand, I'm an American and live in Southern California just to the east of Los Angeles.

The biggest problem I have is my friends that travel to hunt either want to hunt in Africa or Alaska and I haven't been able to generate any interest in Europe. I'd like to hunt red stag but hunting boar is what has really captured my attention and I'd like to try both high-stand and driven hunts. Is it reasonable for a single hunter to try and join with another group for a driven hunt.

My other problem, like many Americans, is that I speak only English.

470Nitro
.333 member

Reged: 17/09/03
Loc: Madrid - Spain
      #28970 - 06/04/05 01:12 AM

En respuesta a:

I'd like to hunt red stag but hunting boar is what has really captured my attention and I'd like to try both high-stand and driven hunts. Is it reasonable for a single hunter to try and join with another group for a driven hunt.

My other problem, like many Americans, is that I speak only English.

There's no problem for a single hunter if you book it some time before to join the group. At least in Spain, there're several good driven hunts every weekend, with nice stags and boars.

Languaje is not a problem in Europe now, almost people will understand you .

--------------------
-----
down by the river on a friday night
pyramid of cans in the pale moonlight
talkin' 'bout guns and dreamin 'bout women
never had a plan just a livin' for the minute

fritzijaeger
.224 member

Reged: 21/01/05
      #28980 - 06/04/05 06:45 AM

Hi DBBill !

Excuse but i think you came from Australia 1

No i think in Europe is no problem to understand english, but its normal to hunt boars from stands, stalking and with dogs but i dont know anything about a driven hunt for boars.

With best greatings to US
Fritzijaeger

Mooseman
.224 member

Reged: 30/04/05
Loc: BC Canada
      #30266 - 30/04/05 10:34 AM

Hello,
I am new here and hope this isn't to forward of me. I have hunted Europe a bit and will be going again in December/January. I was born and raised in Germany but live in BC, Canada with my wife since 1987.

I have many contacts (family, guests/friends) in Hungary, Czech Rep., Austria, England and Germany. The cost of your hunts varies by what you are looking for in trophy size and service level.

I am a Guide Outfitter and Angling Guide for 18 years here in BC and deal with booking agents from all over the world a bit. There are some bad once but in general they deserve what I pay them. I can tell you that when I started my advertising/office cost of booking a client was at about 30% to 50% for the first years. I was more then happy to pay them the 15% or 20% for each booking!

Just make sure you deal with a good one.

Michael

--------------------
Smile when hunting and show the little once how to!

clark7781
.375 member

Reged: 28/10/04
Loc: Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
      #31841 - 24/05/05 03:51 AM

Fritzjaeger:

You have a PM from me, an American married to an Austrian. My wife is from Stainz in Styria, due south of Graz near Deutschlandsburg.

Regards,

--------------------
Clark

Double Rifle Shooters Society
.500 NE and .577 NE

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3492

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com