Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mabula Pto Safaris

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunt Reports

Pages: 1
iqbal
resigned as a member

Reged: 05/02/03
Loc: Karachi,Pakistan
Mabula Pto Safaris
      #2914 - 22/05/03 01:30 AM

In August 2000 i visited S.A.for a plains game hunt with Mabula Pro.This outfitter or PH was referred to me by a friend who had hunted with them and was totally satisfied.I bagged 12 animals including Waterbuck,Impala,Blesbok,Lynx,Eland,Springbok,Zebra,Fallow Deer,Lechwe,Oryx,Kudu and Red Heartebeast.The PH one Christo Gomes made an outstanding effort for me to shoot big trophies as a result i got 6 gold medal trophies and 4 silver medal trophies.We hunted in three different areas namely Warmbath,Natal and a game reserve in Middleberg which had been opened for hunting for the first time and we were the first hunters.Accomodation and food was superb and the hospitality outstanding.The PH was assisted by his father Henri a boisterious old man with a great sense of humor and years of experiance.Another assistant Phillip was a bit disgruntled but knew his job(i believe he has joined some other outfitter now).The hunt lasted 9 days and total expenditure was around US$12000.
The Taxidermist was Highveld Taxidermy(Dieter) who took a long time to send the trophies(nearly 2 years)but did a good job at a reasonable cost of about 20000 Rands.It was a good experiance and we were quite satisfied.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SafariHunt
.333 member

Reged: 02/01/03
Loc: Pretoria RSA
Re: Mabula Pto Safaris [Re: iqbal]
      #2929 - 23/05/03 06:20 PM

Iqbal,

Yes I have heard form a lot of people that Highveld does take a long time to deliver but their quality is basically unsurpassed and he is the biggest Taxidermist in the Southern Hemisphere.

BUt I must tell you there are other guys out there that do charge less and deliver much faster.

--------------------
"Sleeping under the African sky I can see nothing wrong with this world!"

mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: The beautiful Oley Valley, PA....
Re: Mabula Pto Safaris [Re: SafariHunt]
      #3126 - 02/06/03 07:48 AM

I've used Life Form Taxidermy out of White River, RSA on several occassions, and have always been more than pleased with his work. His turn around time is usually less than a year.

mikeh416Rigby
.450 member

Reged: 24/02/03
Loc: The beautiful Oley Valley, PA....
Re: Mabula Pto Safaris [Re: SafariHunt]
      #3178 - 04/06/03 12:26 PM

Just a follow-up to my previous comments about Life-Form Taxidermy: I just received a letter from them today telling me that my order is almost ready to be shipped. I only sent them my deposit check in January of this year. That's quick turn around! My order consists of shoulder mounts of a Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Impala, and Bushbuck. Then there's a pedistal mount of a Zebra, and a life size Guinea Fowl mount. They also made me 8 pillows made from the tanned backskins.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  HuntReports, NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2493

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com