Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Alaska double shoot is a month away

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
calpappas
.275 member

Reged: 15/10/09
Loc: Alaska, USA
Alaska double shoot is a month away
      #314950 - 04/04/18 03:35 PM

Double Rifle Shooters:

Important change and update.

Birchwood has canceled our shoot as they are hosting an event and won't allow us to shoot on May 5th. Rather than change the date as many have their tickets and time planned, Rob and I looked to the Mat Su Sportsman's Shooting Range.

Kelly, range officer, gladly accepted us to shoot on May 5th. Rob and I were there last evening (January 15) and what is there is an upgrade from Birchwood. We will have a 100 yard range to ourselves with nine tables, use of the restrooms, and a large meeting room to chat and have lunch, show our firearms, have a "for sale" table, etc.

From what we saw Rob an I agreed this is the place for our yearly shoots.

On May 5th, the range is hosting an official competitive shoot so we are limited to our 100-yard range and the meeting room as all of the other areas will be under use. We can access the rest rooms.

Directions:
Mile 38.5 Glenn Highway in Palmer. Two miles south of the fairgrounds.

I will email all of you gents and please acknowledge the email so I know you are aware of the change of location. I will also update on the three forums I post on: Accurate Reloading, African Hunting, and Nitro Express (all .com).

Rob, myself, and some of the regulars will arrive at half 8 to 9am to set up and we will begin shooting at 10, lunch at noon, and resume shooting at 1 and continue to do so until our shoulders give out.

I would like to collect $10 from each person to pay the range rental fee. If any money is remaining, Jim and Joyce will be reimbursed for their food. (Note: Joyce is the only woman on the planet who shoots a 4-bore so be very nice to her!)

Thanks for your understanding and, believe me, this location is a step up for us.

Cheers,
Cal

--------------------

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
Cal's Log
CalPappas.com

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 62 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1699

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com