Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Thieme& Schlegelmilch Kal. 10,75x68

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Forum Photos & Archive

Pages: 1
lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Thieme& Schlegelmilch Kal. 10,75x68
      #167229 - 05/09/10 05:17 AM

unusual four rounds magazine for a Mauser in 10,75x68. looks like a single row .425 westley richards magazine, anyone knowing more about this?

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=2915760&PHPSESSID=a263ddc87f6cd0a14fb71a9c47ca413c

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Edited by CptCurl (10/09/10 09:10 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
grandveneur
.400 member

Reged: 21/09/08
Loc: France / Germany
Re: Thieme& Schlegelmilch Kal. 10,75x68 [Re: lancaster]
      #167274 - 05/09/10 10:58 PM

Bad condition ! Too expensive !

Huvius
.416 member

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: Colorado
Re: Thieme& Schlegelmilch Kal. 10,75x68 [Re: grandveneur]
      #167277 - 05/09/10 11:42 PM

A neat gun. I like the drop mag on this one which utilizes the standard floorplate.
I bet that the floorplate drops off the extension (non hinged military style) rather than the whole magazine hinging away from the bottom metal as a Westley does.
On the direct bottom picture you can just make out the screw tip in front of the mag. I would think that the extended mag is screwed onto the bottom metal from the top although there is so much metal there one wonders why they would have drilled and tapped all the way through. Westleys screw on from the bottom.
IMO, this is a more simple design with no hinge to make and no need for the horn tip which the westleys have.

I have a spare westley magazine and have thought of building up a 10.75X68 with it - kinda like a 425 light. And no need to open up the action for the fatter cartridges.

--------------------
He who lives in the past is doomed to enjoy it.

lancaster
.470 member

Re: Thieme& Schlegelmilch Kal. 10,75x68 [Re: Huvius]
      #221713 - 16/12/12 05:39 AM

when going thru the Widforrs archive found something I have seen before

KULGEVÄR , Tyskt, repeter, fabrikat: Thieme & Schlegelmilch, modell 98, kal. 10,75x68, tillvnr. 38519, piplängd 68 cm, laxat sikte med ett extra siktblad, halvoktagon pipa med helfräst spång, snälltryck, träkolv med pistolgrepp och kindstöd, bakelitbakkappa, enklare gravyrslingor på lådan och underbeslaget, märken på kolven och blåneringen, sprickor i kolvhalsen (delvis lagad)i övrigt GOTT SKICK.
Såld för 8000 SEK

sold for 910 euro in may 2009
ask myself if this the same rifle that was on egun in 2010. an interesting design and something I would like to have!

--------------------

Edited by CptCurl (07/06/13 08:25 PM)

lancaster
.470 member

#270807 - 22/09/15 03:58 AM

the Thieme&Schlegelmilch is for sale again
http://www.stiegele-jagd.de/catalog/view/catalog/101/options_id/51

--------------------

Mazerat
.224 member

Reged: 09/11/17
Loc: Germany
      #307586 - 10/11/17 10:03 PM

Hello,to all Friends of in Guns. Sorry for my bad english but its not my first Language. I'm from Germany and i found this topic coincidentally.This was may Rifle and i want to tell you the whole Story about it.
Maybe in 2003 or 2003 a Gun Dealer offered Ammunition in 10,75x68 from the last production Charge from RWS. I was interested in this Caliber and so i bought a Package with 200 Rounds. But i had no Rifle to shoot them. So i looked for a Gun. In Sweden i found one from Thieme und Schlegelmilch in a nice condition, similar to this Rifle you wrote about. Just the openinglever from the Magazin was a little different. Within this package there are five Rounds Vintage Cartridges.
The first problem was that only the old Cartridges fittet to the Riflen. The new ones are slightly thicker in Diameter of the Brass. It seem that there was a modification depends the sizes. So i had a Rifle without a Scope Mount and so only usable to collect ore use on the shooting range and 200 Rounds which i can't use. I sold the Rifle...

The i found a modern 98 Modell from Truvelo South africa at Egun. Bought it, fitted with a Scope and use it for hunting. Thats the Story before this Rifle reached me. Funny Tail i think.

This Rifle above i found at Widforss in Sweden and i try to buy it just for resale in Germany and safe a little Money with it. So i talked and mailed to Widforss about terms and conditions for shipping, etc. I won the auction and the problems began. Widforss only want to send to a Company not to my private adress. I discussed a while with them and then i found a Dealer who sends them his Licence. They don't agree and my Rifle still stores in Sweden. then i found another Dealer but Widforss don't anser for his Mails. Then i hired a Lawyer to send them a Letter. Widforss don't answered. At the End i found via Egun a man whos Wife worked in Stockholm and he visited her every two or three Weeks. He knew a little bit the swedish menatlity and he offers me to pick up the Rifle and bring it direct to Germany. So i received the Gun more than one year after winning the auction!

I was really frustrated about the long time and my costs and only want to sell it asap. so i offered it in Egun and it goes to Stiegele Jagd in Munich, Germany. With no money left, bad business.:(((

Yesterday i looked on it and i found it on an older Website from Stiegele for 3.500$. Herrman Historica also offered a Rifle like this some years ago. They wrote about less than 30 Rifles of this type were built by T&S. Two of them i had.

Thats the Story of this Gun as i know. Hope you enjoy it!

Jens

Waidmannsheil
.400 member

Reged: 19/04/13
Loc: Melbourne Australia
Re: Thieme& Schlegelmilch Kal. 10,75x68 [Re: Mazerat]
      #307587 - 11/11/17 12:07 AM

Hi Jens, welcome aboard. What a story and a lot of unfortunate difficulties, I hope you find a nice older gun for your ammunition one day.

Waidmannsheil.

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with vegetarian food, so long as there is meat with it.

Louis
.375 member

Reged: 13/05/15
Loc: France
Re: Thieme& Schlegelmilch Kal. 10,75x68 [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #307614 - 11/11/17 03:48 AM

Welcome on the Forum, Jens.
Best regards.
Louis

--------------------
"Everything that doesn't kill me makes me stronger"

lancaster
.470 member

Re: Thieme& Schlegelmilch Kal. 10,75x68 [Re: Louis]
      #307628 - 11/11/17 06:58 AM

long story

it seems the chamber reamer was than out of todays CIP specification, one tour with a new reamer will solve this problem.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11224

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com