Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Bora Bora--

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Travel

Pages: 1
Ripp
.470 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Bora Bora--
      #303309 - 25/07/17 11:38 PM

My wife and I traveled recently to Bora Bora...

incredible beauty, very quiet and stress free with the exception of the extremely high prices for most things...$28.per drink seemed a bit excessive, BUT, it is out in the middle of nowhere.. it is what it is..incredible snorkeling/diving opportunities..I am NOT certified so could only go 50 ft or less..did a lot of snorkeling, hiking and.....

We did swim around and come in contact with a barracude, black tipped reef sharks and manta rays..great to watch them in their habitat..

Sorry for image quality--took all with cell phone..

Villa over the water

There was the annual competition between the various villages for dance, music,etc..was great to watch..

Spotted Eagle Rays..URL=http://s209.photobucket.com/user/ahoffart/media/20170711_071205_zpsxoywx5i4.jpg.html][/URL]

Think we all know why he is be worshipped..

Edited by Ripp (26/07/17 02:34 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
93x64mm
.400 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: Bora Bora-- [Re: Ripp]
      #303318 - 26/07/17 06:19 AM

Those photos Ripp must have been the one's of you & the Missus at 'play' - photo bucket banned the damn lot of them!
Only kidding mate, glad you had a good time!
93x94mm

Ripp
.470 member

Re: Bora Bora-- [Re: 93x64mm]
      #303319 - 26/07/17 07:12 AM

Quote:

Those photos Ripp must have been the one's of you & the Missus at 'play' - photo bucket banned the damn lot of them!
Only kidding mate, glad you had a good time!
93x94mm

Not sure what the entire thing of I need to update my file with them..will check it out tonight when I am at home..thx

That is funny though...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #303320 - 26/07/17 07:25 AM

G'day Ripp,

Photo bucket now requires you to pay to host any of your photos. Most I know have dropped them because of it.

Glad you had a great time. I like diving with the Manta Rays. When they are just handing in the water they have the tips of their wings tilted up. Did you get to see their eyes when the light catches them. Talk about spooky. When the light catches the eyes the look like a even vertical diamond shape.

Ripp
.470 member

Re: Bora Bora-- [Re: Rule303]
      #303326 - 26/07/17 11:42 AM

Quote:

G'day Ripp,

Photo bucket now requires you to pay to host any of your photos. Most I know have dropped them because of it.

Glad you had a great time. I like diving with the Manta Rays. When they are just handing in the water they have the tips of their wings tilted up. Did you get to see their eyes when the light catches them. Talk about spooky. When the light catches the eyes the look like a even vertical diamond shape.

YES,,you are correct..not going to happen..dont need to share my photos that bad..

the manta rays are amazing..watched the other fish cleaning their "grills" ..was really interesting to watch

--------------------

Rule303
.416 member

#303335 - 26/07/17 07:24 PM

Just a bit jealous of your trip to Bora Bora. I did my manta dives in the Solomon Islands, wrong time of year as the water was not as clear as t should have been.

Ripp
.470 member

#303339 - 27/07/17 01:42 AM

Quote:

Just a bit jealous of your trip to Bora Bora. I did my manta dives in the Solomon Islands, wrong time of year as the water was not as clear as t should have been.

Thanks...yes it was incredible..and I am not that much for a water guy..not exactely an Olympic caliber swimmer..thank God for the buoyance offered in the salt water..

Certainly plan to get back there sooner than later..was offered reduced rates at a hotel if I come back and teach JJ for a few days while there to the local club..plan to take them up on that..

They are so removed from mainstream JJ people when they found out I was on the island (after I inquired about a local club) they contacted me at the hotel..pretty cool..small island, word spreads quickly..

Have a great day

Ripp

--------------------

Rule303
.416 member

#303362 - 27/07/17 09:29 AM

Hey Ripp, I am no water guy. I sink like a sub doing an emergency dive, reason I scuba dive as I can't stay on the surface.

Ripp
.470 member

#303378 - 28/07/17 01:25 AM

Quote:

Hey Ripp, I am no water guy. I sink like a sub doing an emergency dive, reason I scuba dive as I can't stay on the surface.

Exactly --which is why I do as well..
Taking the air with me wherever I go..

--------------------

Mike_Bailey
.400 member

Reged: 26/02/07
Loc: SW Spain and England
      #303398 - 28/07/17 06:25 PM

Accidentally hooked one of those Manta Rays whilst trolling big lures for Marlin in Madeira. Thing jumped out of the ocean, guess it was basking at the top. Enormous, just cut the line, thing to see though !
best
Mike

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 414

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com