Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Smith and Wesson Classic Revolvers--coming back..

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Smith and Wesson Classic Revolvers--coming back..
      #275831 - 31/12/15 01:40 AM

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/s...51_757751_image

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Smith and Wesson Classic Revolvers--coming back.. [Re: Ripp]
      #275835 - 31/12/15 02:55 AM

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/s...playErrorView_Y

Nice

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

ducmarc
.400 member

Reged: 14/07/14
Loc: fla
Re: Smith and Wesson Classic Revolvers--coming back.. [Re: DarylS]
      #276068 - 04/01/16 12:57 PM

If colt would do it it would bring the company back

--------------------
'killed by death' Lemmy.. ' boil the dog ' Elvis Manywounds "my best friend is my magnum forty four" hank willams the third.

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Smith and Wesson Classic Revolvers--coming back.. [Re: ducmarc]
      #276085 - 05/01/16 02:21 AM

Quote:

THAT would make way too much sense..Colt isn't doesn't have that degree of forward thinking..

Ripp

--------------------

ducmarc
.400 member

Reged: 14/07/14
Loc: fla
      #276571 - 14/01/16 12:48 PM

Pack it up and bring it here to fla build pythons and 1911 70 series and the public will come.

--------------------
'killed by death' Lemmy.. ' boil the dog ' Elvis Manywounds "my best friend is my magnum forty four" hank willams the third.

FlatTop45
.300 member

Reged: 31/05/16
Loc: South Texas, U.S.A.
      #293536 - 09/01/17 02:05 PM

I think you are onto something there.

Take Ruger for example. The way they have their manufacturing processes set up, Ruger can and will build guns for big distributors like Lipsey's and Talo to the distributor's specs, even if it is a configuration Ruger does not or never has offered themselves. Case in point, the wildly popular New Model Flat Tops in .44 Special that came out a few years ago. They were a limited run, Lipsey's exclusive. They sold so well that Ruger now offers them as a regular catalog item. Before that, Ruger had never offered a single-action in .44 Special.

If Colt doesn't want to take a chance and offer the Python or any of their other discontinued firearms in their own catalog, perhaps they could follow Ruger's lead and offer special runs of those guns through a large distributor.

One can only hope...

J

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Smith and Wesson Classic Revolvers--coming back.. [Re: FlatTop45]
      #293565 - 10/01/17 04:29 AM

Quote:

I think you are onto something there.

Take Ruger for example. The way they have their manufacturing processes set up, Ruger can and will build guns for big distributors like Lipsey's and Talo to the distributor's specs, even if it is a configuration Ruger does not or never has offered themselves. Case in point, the wildly popular New Model Flat Tops in .44 Special that came out a few years ago. They were a limited run, Lipsey's exclusive. They sold so well that Ruger now offers them as a regular catalog item. Before that, Ruger had never offered a single-action in .44 Special.

If Colt doesn't want to take a chance and offer the Python or any of their other discontinued firearms in their own catalog, perhaps they could follow Ruger's lead and offer special runs of those guns through a large distributor.

One can only hope...

J

Agree--would be awesome if that would happen

Ripp

--------------------

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
      #293614 - 11/01/17 07:27 AM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Donuts!

FlatTop45, S&W used to be that way.
Prior to the their 2002 buy back (confiscation/theft), a mate of mine (MT) used to have a an uncommon model 629.
It had a 3" slim barrel profile, round butt made by S&W for a US distributor, who's name has now slipped from my memory. It was brutal to shoot with factory and similar hot loads but wow, what a cracker of a revolver.

FJWH!
Homer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Smith and Wesson Classic Revolvers--coming back.. [Re: Homer]
      #293615 - 11/01/17 08:28 AM

Quote:

Prior to the their 2002 buy back (confiscation/theft), a mate of mine (MT) used to have a an uncommon model 629.
It had a 3" slim barrel profile, round butt made by S&W for a US distributor, who's name has now slipped from my memory. It was brutal to shoot with factory and similar hot loads but wow, what a cracker of a revolver.

FJWH!
Homer

Curious,,,when the confiscation happened..did they come to your home, business, etc or were you to drop them off ??? Apparently there was a registry so they knew who had what??

thx
Ripp

--------------------

Homer
.416 member

#293655 - 12/01/17 06:32 AM

G'Day Ripp,

Yes mate, the registry had details on each and every firearm/handgun we had.
So we had to submit the individual handguns for valuation, by an independent valuer.
The Police kept the handguns, and we received a cheque....or two.

Whilst I had to hand in 5+ now banned handguns, the two I was most disappointed to have confiscated, was a Colt 1911, Tactical Elite in .45ACP and a S&W M25 revolver in .45 Colt. This particular revolver, was a cased 125th Anniversary model.

FJWH!
Homer

--------------------

HistoricBore
.300 member

Reged: 28/09/11
Loc: United Kingdom
      #293664 - 12/01/17 09:48 AM

Of course here in Britain (but not Northern Ireland!) we had our pistols confiscated back in 1996. We had to take them to the Police Stations ourselves. Apparently they are all now stored in an underground range in Shropshire, England.

They also confiscated accessories like holsters, but paid compensation. I knew someone who had bought 100 ex-police holsters for £2 each. The compensation people paid him £10 each...

Left hand, right hand?

lonewulf
.300 member

Reged: 06/08/12
Loc: South-East Otago, New Zealand
Re: Smith and Wesson Classic Revolvers--coming back.. [Re: HistoricBore]
      #293666 - 12/01/17 10:15 AM

Quote:

Of course here in Britain (but not Northern Ireland!) we had our pistols confiscated back in 1996. We had to take them to the Police Stations ourselves. Apparently they are all now stored in an underground range in Shropshire, England.

They also confiscated accessories like holsters, but paid compensation. I knew someone who had bought 100 ex-police holsters for £2 each. The compensation people paid him £10 each...

Left hand, right hand?

Well, all I can say is thank god they got those holsters off the streets. Just imagine the mayhem if even one of those bad boys fell into the wrong hands.......

Scary.

FlatTop45
.300 member

Re: Smith and Wesson Classic Revolvers--coming back.. [Re: lonewulf]
      #293674 - 12/01/17 11:41 AM

Many gun owners in the USA have fears of the same type of confiscation happening here. Of course, the pro gun control politicians love to say those fears are unfounded and those rumors are just the ravings of conspiracy theorists and fear mongers and that law abiding citizens have nothing to worry about....

As a wise man once said; "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Judging by the results of our recent Presidential election, it appears we've got a whole bunch of history buffs around here.

J

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #293676 - 12/01/17 12:04 PM

FlaTop45, you are dead right about history repeating itself if we do not learn and remember. History shows that where there is registration of firearms at some point there is confiscation.

I have shot S&W but they do not do anything for me. Now Colts and Rugers do.

A note or two on the handgun steal back here. The barrels had to be a certain lenght, so a Glock 17 didn't make the grade, add 4 or 5 mm to the barrel lenght-Glock17A-and they were no longer as dangerous or concealable. Anything above 38 or 9mm was banned, how ever if your club provided a letter stating that you needed a 40 cal or bigger for the competition then you could have that. Strange who that did not get around until after the steal back. Plus our premier shooting organization knew this but did not publisise this, at least not in Queensland.

FlatTop45
.300 member

Re: Smith and Wesson Classic Revolvers--coming back.. [Re: Rule303]
      #293684 - 12/01/17 01:31 PM

No matter the country, gun laws as put forth by politicians rarely make any sense. In the U.S., the restrictions on handguns are fairly reasonable in regards to barrel length and caliber. When it comes to long guns (if I remember correctly), shotgun barrels can to be no shorter than 18 inches to be legal and rifle barrels no shorter than 16 inches (you can apply for a special license to own one though). In Canada, I believe the laws about handguns are much more restrictive, yet owning a rifle with a 12 inch barrel is perfectly legal.

For example, Rossi Firearms (now Braztech/Taurus) has a very popular model they call the "Ranch Hand". It is basically a modernized replica of the Winchester Model 1892 rifle with a 12 inch barrel, large loop lever and very abbreviated butt stock. (This configuration is also known as a "Mare's Leg"). It comes in .38Sp/.357 Magnum, .44 Magnum and .45 Colt. . It's legal here because it is sold as a handgun and not a rifle. Now, in Canada, I believe it's perfectly legal to add a full length butt stock to one and end up with a very handy, "Trapper" rifle. Get caught doing that here and you are in deep shit.

WTF!!! ADDING 6 inches to the butt makes it more dangerous somehow?! Why, because it's HARDER to conceal? Yet, it's perfectly legal to carry a pocket pistol with a half inch barrel that fits in the coin pocket of your Levi's? It doesn't make any damn sense!

But what do I know? I'm just a law abiding citizen....

J

Homer
.416 member

#293745 - 13/01/17 09:18 AM

Yes indeed Flat Top 45!
But you need to remember, "our" politicians are as Dumb as Dog Shit!
They are regulating the potential risk to the public (they watch to much TV and movies. Which is their main source, of firearm related information).
They apparently do this, because they have no faith in their own laws and registration systems etc!

Given this, we as a collective, need to hang these same dopey politicians out to dry, for simply Treating The Symptoms of The Problem and not The Cause of The Problem.... Unlicensed Criminals and their Unregistered Firearms!
After all, Criminals don't obey laws, thats why they are called Outlaws but "our" dopey politicians can't work this fact out!

Double Doh!!
Homer

--------------------

FlatTop45
.300 member

#293748 - 13/01/17 10:53 AM

I completely agree with you Homer!

"When all the guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns...".

Ain't it the truth!

J

Edited by FlatTop45 (13/01/17 10:55 AM)

Ripp
.577 member

#293775 - 14/01/17 12:18 AM

Quote:

Yes indeed Flat Top 45!
But you need to remember, "our" politicians are as Dumb as Dog Shit!
They are regulating the potential risk to the public (they watch to much TV and movies. Which is their main source, of firearm related information).
They apparently do this, because they have no faith in their own laws and registration systems etc!

Given this, we as a collective, need to hang these same dopey politicians out to dry, for simply Treating The Symptoms of The Problem and not The Cause of The Problem.... Unlicensed Criminals and their Unregistered Firearms!
After all, Criminals don't obey laws, thats why they are called Outlaws but "our" dopey politicians can't work this fact out!

Double Doh!!
Homer

Homer
You just described Obama's lifetime achievement award in politics..particularly the "dumb as dog shit" comment...

Ripp

--------------------

Homer
.416 member

#293792 - 14/01/17 09:41 AM

Quote:

FJWH!
Homer

G'Day Fella's,

I went for a Google and found that the above mentioned S&W M629 3" was a Lew Horton special.
My memory has obviously faded a bit, as the images of this revolver, has a standard/full weight barrel profile, and not the Mountain Gun profile I imagined.
http://www.smithandwessonforums.com/foru...box-papers.html

Flat Top 45 and Ripp, yes fella's but what can we do about this?
Well, I believe the USA has made a great decision (how could it be any worse.....oh, thats right, it could have been Hitlery!), by electing Donald Trump! But mean while Down Under, we are stuck with a mob of gun grabbing UN STOOGES.

FJWH!
Homer

--------------------

Edited by Homer (14/01/17 09:53 AM)

buckeyeshooter
.275 member

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: ohio, USA
      #303314 - 26/07/17 12:43 AM

Smith and Wesson is too far gone. When they go back to pinned barrels, recessed cylinders and no locks then I will think about buying a new one.

szihn
.400 member

Reged: 24/06/07
Loc: Wind River Valley, Wyoming
Re: Smith and Wesson Classic Revolvers--coming back.. [Re: buckeyeshooter]
      #303496 - 01/08/17 11:29 PM

I personally reject the idea that these politicians are "dumb as dog $hit"
I think they are evil, treasonous and demonic, but clearly smarter then those the allow them to stay in power and pay taxes to support them and their ideas.

ALL GOVERNMENTS DERIVE THEIR POWER FROM THE CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED"

Consent is NOT how you feel or what you think. It's what you DO and DON'T DO!
The 1st country Hitler conquered was NOT Poland.
it was Germany!

If you think "I am only one man" and you can't do anything you are 100% correct.
If you think "I am a man, and I will not allow this to go on, so I will organize, resist and if necessary, I will fight" You are 100% correct
EVERY SINGLE GREAT MAN in history was one man.

Waiting for someone else to fix things is why "things" don't get fixed.
"I can't do anything' is exactly what the evil politicians and traitors want you to believe. It's just another way of saying "I consent"

Homer
.416 member

Re: Smith and Wesson Classic Revolvers--coming back.. [Re: szihn]
      #303693 - 05/08/17 09:33 AM

G'Day Fella's,

Yes Szihn, I totally agree with your correction of my assumption, and your other statements.

Can I now suggest, that so many of the Sheeple that vote for "our" politicians, are the ones that are as Dumb As Dog Shit!
These same Sheeple are so gullible, that they still believe the BS that politicians and the mass media feed them. In my experience, if you were to put forward an alternative opinion (and truth ish) on a particular subject, many of the Sheeple are so insecure, that they are unable to cope with this reality check.

God help us!
Homer

--------------------

buckeyeshooter
.275 member

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: ohio, USA
      #306874 - 27/10/17 03:41 PM

Quote:

These are not classic sw's. They still have the lock, mim parts and sleeved barrels. In other words, cheap junk. I will not buy a sw with the lock and really prefer the pinned barrel guns.Those are classic sw's

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5170

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com