Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: deer porcelain set

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Pages: 1
gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
deer porcelain set
      #3018 - 28/05/03 03:58 PM

Pics are of a set of antique porcelain that i bought due to the deer on them and their obvious age,
The "Long Walk" is where the royal deer were kept at Windsor Castle many years ago and DB Banwell tells about it in his book "the Royal Stags Of Windsor" i swapped correspondence with Bruce about this set and gave him permission to use my pics for publication on his asking.Unfortunately i cant give more details of the ornately decorated cups etc as i only flatbed scanned these two and dont have a digital camera,(didnt think of that eh fella`s) I have even scanned a rifle stock in my scanner and will post a pic of it for you to drool over shortly.
I posted here as i am not sure too many go to "collectors page"

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Wello3021
.224 member

Reged: 25/05/03
Loc: Australia
Re: deer porcelain set [Re: gryphon]
      #3021 - 28/05/03 07:28 PM

Grhpho' Dont know wether the mrs would like you scoffing down a lump of deer off it though! Might get a bit shitty I'd imagine! nice pick up though

deerhunter
.224 member

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Queensland, Australia
Re: deer porcelain set [Re: gryphon]
      #3024 - 28/05/03 10:28 PM

hey, I could pop over your place on the weekend. Can I cop a meal of the good china? Good pickup

--------------------
Australian Deer Association

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: deer porcelain set [Re: deerhunter]
      #3025 - 28/05/03 11:59 PM

Gryphon

Very nice. Now you need an old display cabinet from Central Europe, carved with all sorts of game scenes to display it in.

Not as nice as an old antique set like yours but when I visited the Czech Republic last year I bought a set of crockery (modern manufacture) with game scenes - red, fallow, roe deer, boar, ducks, pheasant, rabiits or hares etc.

The purchasing of it was quite and adventure and I thought it never would actually arrive! We were in one of those small walled towns/cities (can't remember the name as I can't pronounce them anyway) and I wanted to buy a set of crystal or similar. We stopped in one of the many shops for the tourists and liked this set of crockery. Unfortunately the sales staff spoke NO English and our German did not seem to be understood. So my wife in frustration just approached a couple of other female tourists looking over the shop and asked if they spoke English. As many Germans do, they spoke next to perfect English and one of them was a teacher on holiday. She helped us make the purchase. When finished we thanked her profusely and she told us the shop assistant was very very stupid . Anyway the shipment was insured so I thought we would at least get our money back if it never arrived. About seven months later it arrived, all in one piece too .

When I lived in Europe I also travelled over to the La Sologna (spelling?) forest in France in the Loire Valley (for the wine of course + the Castles and many hunting "lodges"). And purchased as a souveneir a set of game scenes on plates - one a horse hunt after a red stag, the others boar, red deer and roe deer. These are decorative only.

Gryphon - If you ever pass this way drop in and we will eat a game dinner off the Czech hunting crockery. Plus some nice Barossa shiraz.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: deer porcelain set [Re: NitroX]
      #3031 - 29/05/03 05:37 AM

You have got me there Nitro---thanks for the invite,i will endeavour to post some film pics of the other scenes on the cups etc and to wello,my missus has no say in this lot lol

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3100

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com