Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: walmart leopolds

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1
ducmarc
.400 member

Reged: 14/07/14
Loc: fla
walmart leopolds
      #301770 - 15/06/17 11:25 AM

was cruzing walmart and and noticed they leopolds at a fair price there 3x9 40mm for 227$ didnt have it pulled out of the case to see where was built did notice the burris had made in korea and the also had a pentax are they a US made or made china for the walmart crowd?

--------------------
'killed by death' Lemmy.. ' boil the dog ' Elvis Manywounds "my best friend is my magnum forty four" hank willams the third.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
xausa
.400 member

Reged: 07/03/07
Loc: Tennessee, USA
Re: walmart leopolds [Re: ducmarc]
      #301796 - 15/06/17 08:57 PM

Is "leopolds" the same as Leupolds? AFAIK, all Leupolds are made in the US.

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: walmart leopolds [Re: xausa]
      #301801 - 15/06/17 11:21 PM

https://www.leupold.com/about-us/americas-optics-authority/

American to the Core

Leupold & Stevens is a fifth generation, family owned company that has been in business for 110 years and employs over 700 American workers. All Leupold Golden Ring® Riflescopes are designed, machined, assembled, and tested in Leupold’s state of the art manufacturing facility in Beaverton, Oregon, USA. Leupold uses over one million pounds of aluminum, amounting to over 100 miles of extrusion, in its facility every year and has the largest installation of Index Turning Centers West of the Mississippi River. The current average tenure of Leupold’s all-American workforce is approximately eleven years, with the longest tenured employees being on staff for over four decades.

Leupold & Stevens pioneered such ubiquitous technologies as waterproof scopes, side focus parallax adjustment, compact riflescopes, and the Duplex® reticle. Each Leupold Golden Ring Riflescope model, from the least expensive Rifleman® to the industry leading VX-6™ must pass Leupold’s uniquely punishing durability testing, which no other competitive scope brand or model has ever consistently passed, regardless of price or country of origin. Leupold’s Golden Ring Lifetime Guarantee is the standard by which all other customer service agreements in the sports optics industry are judged, and is the industry leader today, after over 60 years in use.

Leupold uses foreign sourced components for some parts of Golden Ring products, primarily lenses. This is because at this time, there is no American manufacturer that can supply the quantity of high quality lenses that Leupold needs for its annual Golden Ring Optics production. Leupold’s lens systems are designed at Leupold, by American optical engineers, in its state-of -the-art optics lab and then procured from outside vendors who must meet stringent quality standards.

Incoming parts are carefully inspected in our testing facility before they are accepted into the assembly process. Incidentally, all major optics producers worldwide acquire some or all of their glass from the same sources as Leupold. Some of these sources are located domestically, some are European, and some are Asian. Leupold has acquired its lenses this way for over 50 years.

As Frederick Leupold said: “The Customer is entitled to a square deal”. These are the words Leupold has lived by for over a century and continues to live by today.

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: walmart leopolds [Re: Ripp]
      #301802 - 15/06/17 11:23 PM

LEUPOLD HISTORY

https://www.leupold.com/about-us/leupold-living-history/

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

ducmarc
.400 member

Reged: 14/07/14
Loc: fla
Re: walmart leopolds [Re: Ripp]
      #301833 - 16/06/17 10:07 AM

I had it spelled right the first time then changed it lol.in that case since my tasco shitted out the other day ill get one. Also Thanks for the tutorial ripp that is interesting to know.

--------------------
'killed by death' Lemmy.. ' boil the dog ' Elvis Manywounds "my best friend is my magnum forty four" hank willams the third.

iomskp
.300 member

Reged: 10/11/08
Loc: Cairns Queensland Australia
Re: walmart leopolds [Re: ducmarc]
      #303036 - 14/07/17 07:50 AM

Some time ago I did see a site that explained the differences between the real Leupolds and the imitation ones made in China.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2249

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com