Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Effects on value of M/M bolts?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
themauserkid
.275 member

Reged: 21/06/15
Loc: Texas
Effects on value of M/M bolts?
      #301373 - 05/06/17 01:25 PM

Hello, I'm a long time Mauser collector but relatively new to the commercial world. I have been looking at a couple of mausers over the last couple weeks, both prewar and 30's-40's era and have a question. I am looking at various makers, Oberndorf, Sauer etc and have observed some rifles with bolts that do not match the receiver but wear and patina wise they look to have been together a very long time. Being relatively new to this and lacking some of the reference materials I need to pick up I can't determine if some makers simply had "assembly" numbers for bolts and thus being a m/m to the receiver is a non issue as far as originality and value are concerned, or if they pretty much were universally manufactured with matching number bolt assemblies like Oberndorf? That being said would a m/m bolt rifle be as severely affected value wise as would be expected with a service rifle? I've been watching auctions for months here and there when I can in an attempt to get a feel for the valuation on rifles like these, but with so many variations, options and caliber/feature specific value points it's hard to get a feel for. All opinions welcome on the matter, I don't mind picking up a potential m/m as long as I know I'm in line with its comparative value. Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Vladymere
.300 member

Reged: 11/08/15
Loc: North Carolina, USA
Re: Effects on value of M/M bolts? [Re: themauserkid]
      #301375 - 05/06/17 01:42 PM

IMO a mismatched bolt seriously negatively impacts value.

Vlad

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1451

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com