Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Cogswell & Harrison For Sale

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shopping.NitroExpress.com >> Classifieds & Collecting

Pages: 1
Northmen
.224 member

Reged: 10/08/16
Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada
Cogswell & Harrison For Sale
      #301214 - 03/06/17 08:54 AM

FOR SALE:

Double Rifle Cogswell & Harrison in .470 NE with case and extras. It was built as a type T 229 double barrel express rifle in .470 NE on a boxlock ejector action. It has double triggers and a conventional top lever.

The action is very tight or faced and shoots very well. A friend of mine shot at a life size Cape Buffalo target from about 75 yds and placed two rounds less than 4 inches apart.

The extras include certificate of origin, loading dies, some hand loaded ammo, bullets and casings. All you need is powder and primers. There is also a scope with this rifle as well. For an itemized list of extras please give me a shout.

I would included pictures with this post but I need to get more practice with this forum before I attempt it. Please send me your email and I can forward pictures.

The rifle was made in the 1930s for British General Lord Viscount Gort, VC. So there is historical value with this rifle.

Price is: $23,000.00 Cdn, shipping not included. If a buyer is from overseas then he/she is responsible for all export and import fees. For this fine firearm made over 80 years ago this is very good value.

This double is ready for any safari or big game hunting trip.

Edited by Northmen (04/06/17 08:51 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Crazy_Farmer
.224 member

Reged: 02/06/08
Loc: B.C Canada
Re: Cogswell & Harrison For Sale [Re: Northmen]
      #301250 - 03/06/17 03:01 PM

When I clicked this post I almost jumped out of my seat noticing you were Canadian!

Dream double for me. Would love to see photos but I already know it'd be exactly what I dream of.

Best of luck with the sale, it's a little too high for me and hope it stays north of the 49th! Not a ton of doubles kicking around up here, and I've been on a search for awhile for the right one.

My email is steve_vens@hotmail.com if you didn't mind sending some photos.

Thanks Adam

--------------------
Nothing runs like a deer, but nothing outruns my .375 H&H

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1095

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com