Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Effebi: parts supplier

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Building Double Rifles & Gunsmithing

Pages: 1
Aaron_Little
.300 member

Reged: 25/09/13
Loc: Newark, TX
Effebi: parts supplier
      #301193 - 03/06/17 03:42 AM

I would like to bring up a recent dealing I've had with Italian parts supplier Effebi, and the owner Franco Beretta. Franco can be contacted at fraber@effebisrl.eu

I would first like to say I have been a part of other orders from him that went fine. This last order did not go well and I want to make it known that in my opinion he did not handle it as I would expect.

I recently ordered 50 ribs from Effebi, they shipped them in a few days but unfortunately I took delivery of an empty shipping tube. My assumption is that during delivery the weight of the ribs busted out one end, someone then taped the tube end back up. During transit the tube was also stopped by customs, its possible they opened the tube to view the contents. I know there were ribs in there at one time as I can see imprints from the ribs in the plastic end cap.

Many unsuccessful attempts were made by me with FedEx to make a claim. Franco claims he was able to get refunded for the shipping cost as well as 22euro per kg of good lost. A roughly 250euro refund. I was not made aware of this deal until afterwards, and he did not offer me this money back until many back-and-forths. I declined.

I paid 150 euro for shipping, I was never made aware this didn't include insurance, nor was I offered a chance to pay more for insurance.

I offered to settle the matter by refunding me half the dollar amount for the goods plus all the shipping cost. I figured this was a fair compromise as the issue wasn't caused by either of us yet we both share the burden. He declined.

He has ended communication at this point, I'm left with paying about $1400 and have zero to show for it.

I wanted to make this public so that the few here who might deal with him knows how issues are handled by them. These are the facts of the transaction, one can take them however they wish.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

--------------------
A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC.
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com
682-554-0044

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Effebi: parts supplier [Re: Aaron_Little]
      #301194 - 03/06/17 03:46 AM

Nasty to have that happen!

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: Effebi: parts supplier [Re: DarylS]
      #301200 - 03/06/17 07:33 AM

I haven't looked at the link but from the original post I would assume that it is the shippers fault in not packaging the purchase correctly/ in a manner that would enable it to arrive safely.

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: Effebi: parts supplier [Re: gryphon]
      #301202 - 03/06/17 08:10 AM

Things like that certainly leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth!
Your compromise seemed more than fair by me, shame the other half wasn't man enough to come to the party.
It certainly will take you a bit of time to get back on level pegging again mate, hope plenty of work does come your way to compensate for you loss!

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Effebi: parts supplier [Re: 93x64mm]
      #301267 - 03/06/17 07:42 PM

Always tricky in selling stuff, sending it and then the customer claims it hasn't arrived, damaged, not in suitable condition etc.

Obviously not saying this with Aaron but as a general commet. Many customers are crooks and claim such to get freebies. One reason some selling venues strongly advise using some sort of receipted delivery only, and also why some sellers strongly advise buyers to take an insurance option. Those sellers will probably wash their hands of any buyers loss if no insurance is taken out. But in business such people get a reputation. But so do sellers who stuff up and don't have a good seller service reputation, which is far more important to keep.

I know I always found it difficult to not compensate a buyer off NE when they made a claim of non receipt etc. Sometimes it IS the buyers fault, yet they still want their product. Less than three in total though so minor in number.

Don't understand the "not knowing it wasn't insured" comment. It either is arranged to be insured or not, and is stated in that way. ie "Shipping AND Insurance".

But it is a shit deal that an EMPTY tube arrives with NO ribs in it!!!! Where the ffff did hey end up, in the metal scrap bin??? If the tube split, does sound like inadequate packaging, or shippers incompetence.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (03/06/17 08:07 PM)

MagnumHunter
.275 member

Reged: 06/07/04
Loc: North Carolina, USA
Re: Effebi: parts supplier [Re: NitroX]
      #303172 - 21/07/17 10:50 PM

Aaron,
Just out of great curiosity, would you please post a pic of the ribs they provide? Maybe in the white and another on the finished product?
Hope it is not too much trouble.
Thanks

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1784

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com