Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Heym SR21 Precision

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
simonsaorsa
.300 member

Reged: 11/05/06
Loc: UK
Heym SR21 Precision
      #300880 - 28/05/17 09:01 AM

Does anyone have one of these who is willing to express an opinion.

Am considering purchase of one, in either 30-06 or 6.5x55, but they aren't exactly common in the UK.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Charls
.275 member

Reged: 05/05/05
Loc: South Africa
Re: Heym SR21 Precision [Re: simonsaorsa]
      #300942 - 29/05/17 03:26 PM

I have one in 7mm Rem Mag (left handed action). It is my go-to rifle for general hunting and I think it is great. I don't reload for it so I use factory ammo but can hit a gong at 300m without thinking about it too much- and I am by no means a great shot. The finish and general quality on my gun is impressive and it is utterly reliable. I like it a lot!
Charls

simonsaorsa
.300 member

Reged: 11/05/06
Loc: UK
Re: Heym SR21 Precision [Re: Charls]
      #301078 - 01/06/17 03:20 AM

Thanks for the info

simon

Rolf
.333 member

Reged: 26/02/07
Loc: Germany, Bavaria
Re: Heym SR21 Precision [Re: simonsaorsa]
      #302498 - 29/06/17 03:55 PM

Gentlemen,

a friend of mine aquired a Heym Precision in 270 Weatherby Magnum.
We tested the rifle last week with factory ammunition (bonded core soft point from Federal) and obtained sub-moa groups at 100 meters.

I think the rifle could do better with match bullets and careful assembled loads.

The trigger is crisp, the horizontal 3-position style safety blocks the firing pin and I regard the price of the rifle better than adequate.

My only critisism:
The loading gate is a little bit narrow; I assume for obtaining better stability of the system.
and:
Now I want one of these rifles also...

best regards
Rolf

HeymSR20
.300 member

Reged: 23/11/11
Loc: Scotland
Re: Heym SR21 Precision [Re: Rolf]
      #302910 - 09/07/17 09:33 PM

I have used a LH SR20 in 243 for the last 20 years and have re-zeroed it four times - 3 were due to scope changes and once when RWS changed their loading of 100 gn bullets. If I do my bit it clover leafs.

A good close friend an SR21 in 308 and that too is a very nice rifle - solidly built and accurate. Some early SR21's had a slight bedding problem in that the magazine well forms part of the bedding, with either end of the action supported on wood. If this dries out over time the action can see-saw and in rapid shot strings groups can open. Solution is a very simple application of some bedding compound around the front and tang of the action. Friends rifle developed this. Had it bedded, now clover leafs again all day long.

My only real criticism of the SR21 is that its really a magazine fed rifle. But saying that dumping a round in the ejection port and pushing bolt forward is simple and it feeds easily.

I see that the precision now comes with a GRS Laminated fully adjustable stock. The Precision is also a heavier barrelled rifle. My SR20 with a 4-12x50 Swarovski weighs in a 9 1/2 lbs, and the standard SR21 is on a par with this. Its up to you to decide whether you need / want the heavier version - very much depends on your style of shooting. For me, I am a deer stalker and I have no issue taking a shot at 200 yards with mine. But I am not shooting long shot strings at very distant targets.

Edit - just found this article http://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/firearms/rifles/heym-sr21-precision-repeterier-grs and http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/rifle/heym-precision-sr21-rifle-review

Edited by HeymSR20 (09/07/17 09:35 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3537

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com