Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Does-red-dot-brightness-and-bloom-effect-point-of-impact

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Does-red-dot-brightness-and-bloom-effect-point-of-impact
      #300484 - 18/05/17 10:19 PM

http://rifleshooter.com/2017/05/does-red-dot-brightness-and-bloom-effect-point-of-impact/

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Re: Does-red-dot-brightness-and-bloom-effect-point-of-impact [Re: Ripp]
      #300489 - 18/05/17 11:03 PM

Another somewhat related article --oddly I have recently purchased one of these to try...
Ripp

http://rifleshooter.com/2015/08/review-shooting-a-glock-with-trijicon-rmr-red-dot-sight/

--------------------

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #300503 - 19/05/17 02:28 AM

A number of the ipsc guys use those here, Art. Maybe the same make, maybe a different make - don't know.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Postman
.375 member

Reged: 25/09/13
Loc: Canada
Re: Does-red-dot-brightness-and-bloom-effect-point-of-impact [Re: DarylS]
      #300508 - 19/05/17 08:04 AM

I use an RMR on my double rifles. Used it on my Heym .500 nitro to kill my first Buffalo. On a rifle, it's WAY faster than iron sights and come up VERY fast on target.

The only glitch I've experienced with them is that you need to bend the battery contacts out just a bit to make sure there is positive contact otherwise the red dot can become flaky and does a disappear/reappear act on you. It's an easy fix but an important one if you expect 100% reliability. The battery on the one on my .500 is still going strong and has been in use since 2014!!!!!

I did have a bad experience this past fall when another RMR on a Blaser K95 unbeknownst to me, filled with snow and when I tried to shoot a fast moving buck I found no joy!!

Other than the snow event, I gotta lotta love for those RMRs. I really like the 3.5moa flavour in particular and have nearly a dozen of them mounted on various rifles. I have been trying a 1 moa version on my .375 flanged double and find it very useful for more precisely aimed shots although it is a bit fine for ultra fast sight acquisition.

Edited by Postman (19/05/17 08:41 AM)

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Does-red-dot-brightness-and-bloom-effect-point-of-impact [Re: Postman]
      #300528 - 20/05/17 01:08 AM

I put one of these on a Daniel Defense V11 recently---really like it..super quick and effective from up close and personal to 200 yards..hits a quick and on target..

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product1.php?id=MRO

--------------------

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #300545 - 20/05/17 09:14 AM

I run 3 different Aimpoint models. I have found that if you have the brightness level too high it becomes hard to pick the center of the dot and this can affect point of impact at longer ranges. It does not take much experience to learn what setting to put the dot to for various conditions.

I do wish Aimpoint would bring in an effective polarizing filter for all their models. Used one on a very early model and in bright sunlight it made everything much clearer and the dot could be left set at a lower level. It would be excellent when in the snow and even better in bright sunlight on the snow.

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Does-red-dot-brightness-and-bloom-effect-point-of-impact [Re: Rule303]
      #300678 - 23/05/17 12:01 AM

Quote:

I run 3 different Aimpoint models. I have found that if you have the brightness level too high it becomes hard to pick the center of the dot and this can affect point of impact at longer ranges. It does not take much experience to learn what setting to put the dot to for various conditions.

I do wish Aimpoint would bring in an effective polarizing filter for all their models. Used one on a very early model and in bright sunlight it made everything much clearer and the dot could be left set at a lower level. It would be excellent when in the snow and even better in bright sunlight on the snow.

Aimpoints are a great optic...almost indestructible from what I have seen..

Agree as to brightness..I find it even annoying if I get mine too bright on my Leupold VX-6, 2-12 firedot..but on the lower settings really like it once the sun is going down or early morning..really draws your eye to it..

Ripp

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1828

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com