Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: South Texas Deer Hunt

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunt Reports

Pages: 1
bret1549
.224 member

Reged: 24/04/05
Loc: Texas
South Texas Deer Hunt
      #30052 - 26/04/05 04:51 AM

The last time I went hunting in South Texas was quite a while back. I was by myself and I had my great 30-06 Springfield 03'. It is the best shooting rifle I have ever owned. So I went down there on the weekend and was crouched down when I saw over a ridge a few points on the top of a rack. Then I creeped closer and I saw this huge buck. This was the biggest buck I have ever seen. It was very symmetrical and beautiful. It was at least 16 points. But it must have seen me. Let me remind you that a deer that big has to be pretty darn smart to be that old. It got startled and it bolted. I followed its track very carefully until it just stopped. That night I lay there dreaming of how big and beatiful it was. The next morning I woke up a little before light and went to try to find the tracks but the had dissapeared. I ended up taking a nice size 8 pointer. But I willl never forget how big that buck was.

--------------------
Brett

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  HuntReports, NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1757

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com