Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Brenneke 2 1/2" (65mm) 16 Slugs - FYI

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Single Shots & Combination Guns

Pages: 1
Buchsemann
.333 member

Reged: 12/12/08
Loc: Wisconsin, USA
Brenneke 2 1/2" (65mm) 16 Slugs - FYI
      #298126 - 30/03/17 06:28 AM

As noted on the GGCA's forum ...

For those of you haven't noticed, haven't been looking, normally wouldn't be looking or otherwise are not aware Brenneke USA has added their re-introduced 2 1/2" 16ga slugs to their website:

http://www.brennekeusa.com/hunting-ammunition/brenneke-16tm/

I personally hadn't looked for quite some time but in a recent discussion with my contact (rep for Brenneke USA) I was informed that the subject slug had been added to Brenneke USA's website roughly a year ago. To add, there are plenty in stock at their warehouse in IA, from where they are distributed to their dealers.

As a requested note, I also want to add that if you have a pre-WW2 16ga firearm that isn't stamped 70mm, it ain't one.

For those of you that have missed previous posts on the subject, once the Brenneke slugs (originally introduced in 1898) and a few others had become commonplace most of the better German gun makers "regulated" the left shot barrel (rear trigger) of a conventionally configured drilling to shoot a slug at the same POA as the rifle barrel below at 50 meters. Pretty much turning such a drilling into what some would consider to be a poor man's double rifle.

I for one have proven all this true and am always interested in hearing how such has worked out for others.

Best regards,

Mark

--------------------
Happy the man, and happy he alone,
He who can call today his own:
He who, secure within, can say,
Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today.

- John Dryden

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Huvius 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1525

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com