Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Immediate-changes-to-south-african-firearm-registration-

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Immediate-changes-to-south-african-firearm-registration-
      #297658 - 24/03/17 06:22 AM

https://www.safariclub.org/what-we-do/fr...merican-hunters

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DoubleD
.400 member

Reged: 23/11/03
Loc: Retired in Oklahoma
Re: Immediate-changes-to-south-african-firearm-registration- [Re: Ripp]
      #297689 - 24/03/17 03:06 PM

Holy cow.

Here is a link to the most recent 4457.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2016-Aug/CBP%20Form%204457.pdf

That expiration date is not for the form, it is for the OMB program dealing with collection information on the relevancy of the form and the how much time and completing these forms. Here i s a quote from the federal register.

Quote:

CBP invites the general public and other Federal agencies to comment on proposed and/or continuing information collections pursuant to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (Pub. L. 104-13). The comments should address: (a) Whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information shall have practical utility; (b) the accuracy of the agency's estimates of the burden of the collection of information; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; (d) ways to minimize the burden including the use of automated collection techniques or the use of other forms of information technology; and (e) the annual cost burden to respondents or record keepers from the collection of information (total capital/startup costs and operations and maintenance costs). The comments that are submitted will be summarized and included in the CBP request for Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval. All comments will become a matter of public record. In this document CBP is soliciting comments concerning the following information collection

If I were a foreign Customs Officer and saw that expiration date, I would think it was an expiration date for the form itself.

I am a retired Customs Officer and when I saw this post, I had to dig one of my forms out of the file and see for my self. Some of my newer forms do have an expiration date. The older ones do not. When I worked for Customs the form had no expiration. I had to look this up to find out what it was.

Here i s the federal register notice on the program.

https://www.federalregister.gov/document...of-registration

--------------------
DD, Ret.

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Immediate-changes-to-south-african-firearm-registration- [Re: DoubleD]
      #297734 - 24/03/17 10:34 PM

DoubleD

Thank you for doing this..

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 45 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1769

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com