Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Off topic posts cut

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
PatagonHunter
.300 member

Reged: 20/01/06
Loc: Bariloche, Patagonia Argentina
Off topic posts cut
      #296994 - 13/03/17 10:25 PM

Hi Nitrox,

Did you edited my post? If its is so, I want to know why? I was talking about the subtle stock dimension differences between the Old Stalking Rigby rifle vs. the new one, and what Jerry Fisher said about what a few thousand of an inch do...

Thank you!

PH

Edited by NitroX (14/03/17 12:31 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GABE93
.275 member

Reged: 01/03/17
Loc: FNQ, AUSTRALIA
Re: Off topic posts cut [Re: PatagonHunter]
      #296996 - 13/03/17 11:26 PM

Hi NitroX,
I know you are the boss here but if you had to edit PatagonHunter's brief post earlier wouldn't you need to edit my earlier post with my images of my rounded recoil pad?

His comment seemed quite relevant to the Highland Stalker. I think my post was further off track than his was. I should have sent my pad images & question to Waidmannsheil in a PM instead of via the public forum. I replied to his previous comment too hastily.

Regards,
GABE93

Edited by NitroX (14/03/17 12:33 AM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Off topic posts cut [Re: GABE93]
      #296997 - 13/03/17 11:46 PM

Quote:

id you edited my post? If its is so, I want to know why? I was talking about the subtle stock dimension differences between the Old Stalking Rigby rifle vs. the new one, and what Jerry Fisher said about what a few thousand of an inch do...

I have given the explanation above already

"As I said, this is a thread on the Highland Stalker not other makers. "

Your post had three main comments.
- the stock fit of a modern .416 Rigby - .416 was directly referred to;
- you prefer a Dorleac;
- a few thousands of an inch make a big difference.

We have NUMEROUS threads on the Big Game Rifle in .416. The Highland Stalker is not available in .416 Rigby so off topic whether you like the stock fit of the Big Game model or not for this thread.

This is not a Dorleac thread. Lots of Dorleac threads to comment on already. Just do a search. Joel has started numerous threads, and I don't think other makers ever have intruded on the Dorleac threads to push their wares to date anyway. If they did I would delete or move their comments also.

Lastly your comment, you prefer a Dorleac. Well that is the diffeence between a $9,000 rifle which is not bespoke but made to a very high standard AND COMPARED to a $18,000 PLUS bespoke rifle.

So maybe a few thousands of an inch difference AND many thousands of dollars diffeence.

No kidding which has the more expensive features.

I didn't want to go into all this and see this thread thoroughly disrupted yet again ... so have moved all this guff elsewhere.

Quote:

I know you are the boss here but if you had to edit PatagonHunter's brief post earlier wouldn't you need to edit my earlier post with my images of my rounded recoil pad?

His comment seemed quite relevant to the Highland Stalker. I think my post was further off track than his was. I should have sent my pad images & question to Waidmannsheil in a PM instead of via the public forum. I replied to his previous comment too hastily.

No Highland Stalker is in .416 so the stock dimensions of a .416 is completely off topic.

Recoil pads being rounded off, is on topic, as that was commented on as a valid criticism But has since been answered in that part of the service included in the price is the modification of the recoil pad after the order is made.

I have included that comment ie after order service, sent to me, on two posts so don't see what the issue is ...

I rewrote this explanation. First attempt was standing up eating dinner at 11 pm. Decided to rewrite it.

Now that this thread is completely disrupted, I will cut off these three or so posts and they can stand alone.

Lastly instead of disrupting constructive threads, send me a PM to query such things in the future.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (14/03/17 12:58 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 30 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1002

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com