Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Safari outfitter & ex Brit Army officer shot dead in Kenya

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Africa & hunting dangerous game

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Safari outfitter & ex Brit Army officer shot dead in Kenya
      #296451 - 07/03/17 03:07 PM

Tourist safari outfitter and former British Army Officer Tristan Voorspuy shot dead by land invaders in Kenya.

http://news.sky.com/story/ex-british-army-officer-tristan-voorspuy-shot-dead-in-kenya-10791817

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Safari outfitter & ex Brit Army officer shot dead in Kenya [Re: NitroX]
      #296490 - 08/03/17 04:53 AM

Unbelievable...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

ducmarc
.400 member

Reged: 14/07/14
Loc: fla
Re: Safari outfitter & ex Brit Army officer shot dead in Kenya [Re: Ripp]
      #296798 - 11/03/17 12:19 PM

That's bad we see to lose a lot of good guys.i don't think I could live in a country full upheaval and not be able do properly defend myself.

--------------------
'killed by death' Lemmy.. ' boil the dog ' Elvis Manywounds "my best friend is my magnum forty four" hank willams the third.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Safari outfitter & ex Brit Army officer shot dead in Kenya [Re: ducmarc]
      #296824 - 11/03/17 06:50 PM

Quote:

That's bad we see to lose a lot of good guys.i don't think I could live in a country full upheaval and not be able do properly defend myself.

Yeah it is like that in Australia.

It is illegal for me to carry a knife for self defence.

I can carry one in public, eg a pocket knife, if I have a valid reason for carrying one. Self defence is not a valid reason. I use my pocket knives to cut the cigar bands off. Peeling fruit. Camera R&M. Vehicle and any sort of R&M. And of course for farm work. Farms aren't in the town of course.

It is illegal to carry a firearm for self defence.

It is often illegal in much of Australia to USE a firearm for self defence. Though common law and other legislation can permit a firearm to be used if justified by various tests. But if a person felt a risk, and left their firearm out for defence reasons, they are almost certainly breaking the law.

It is illegal to have self defence sprays such as MACE in Australia.

It is illegal to have electric shock self defence tools in Australia ...

We are LUCKY that generally self defence is not a problem. Crime rates are relatively low. BUT if this changes, or if you are an individual who does have real risks, the laws are designed to make you a victim.

Our laws show the lack of trust our Police bosses and Parliamentarians have in their own citizens.

And when Police are afraid of citizens, when Parliaments is afraid of its law abiding citizens, FREE CITIZENS SHOULD BE AFRAID of the intent of the Police bosses and Parliament.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#296825 - 11/03/17 06:53 PM

A problem in Kenya is the bandits carry AK47s. And are very willing to use them.

I visited Kenya in 1988. One tour I wanted to take was to the North West territories but missed out on it. Which I believe included Samburu country. It also included Shufta (bandit) country. During the tour, soldiers would get aboard the truck or bus. As shufta attack was a real possibility.

Edited: The NW trip was to be to Lake Turkana.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Edited by NitroX (12/03/17 07:54 PM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#296826 - 11/03/17 06:58 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laikipia_County

Laikipia is pretty central though.

Quote:

Family friends have confirmed that Tristan Voorspuy, a former British army officer, has been found shot dead on a ranch in northern Kenya.

Northern???

--------------------
John aka NitroX

ozhunter
.400 member

Reged: 18/08/04
Loc: Sydney, Australia
      #296900 - 12/03/17 07:49 PM

One of my trips to Kenya we needed to drive in convoy through an area and have an AK toting guy join us in our RAV4.
Nice county going to the dogs like most of Africa will eventually

Yochanan
.375 member

Reged: 26/01/03
Loc: Volksdiktatur Schweden
Re: Safari outfitter & ex Brit Army officer shot dead in Kenya [Re: ozhunter]
      #296906 - 12/03/17 09:12 PM

So sad. Must be shiftas...or poaching related.

--------------------
© "I have never been able to appreciate 'shock' as applied to killing big game. It seems to me that you cannot kill an elephant weighing six tons by ´shock´unless you advocate the use of a field gun." - W.D.M. Bell: Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Safari outfitter & ex Brit Army officer shot dead in Kenya [Re: Yochanan]
      #296918 - 12/03/17 11:09 PM

Quote:

So sad. Must be shiftas...or poaching related.

The article makes reference to land invasions. Basically violent and well connected thugs stealing land. From black and white landowners.

Quote:

Tens of thousands of cattle have been driven onto Kenyan and foreign-owned ranches, alongside armed militia.

The militia is suspected of close contacts with members of parliament and government figures and there is real concern that northern Kenya is part of a failing state.

President Uhuru Kenyatta has been bitterly criticised for failing to stop the land invasions in which several Kenyans have been killed.

Elephant, lion, buffalo and all manner of other wildlife have been cut down with machine guns by the militia.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Ripp
.577 member

#296924 - 13/03/17 03:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah it is like that in Australia.

It is illegal for me to carry a knife for self defence.

I can carry one in public, eg a pocket knife, if I have a valid reason for carrying one. Self defence is not a valid reason. I use my pocket knives to cut the cigar bands off. Peeling fruit. Camera R&M. Vehicle and any sort of R&M. And of course for farm work. Farms aren't in the town of course.

It is illegal to carry a firearm for self defence.

It is often illegal in much of Australia to USE a firearm for self defence. Though common law and other legislation can permit a firearm to be used if justified by various tests. But if a person felt a risk, and left their firearm out for defence reasons, they are almost certainly breaking the law.

It is illegal to have self defence sprays such as MACE in Australia.

It is illegal to have electric shock self defence tools in Australia ...

We are LUCKY that generally self defence is not a problem. Crime rates are relatively low. BUT if this changes, or if you are an individual who does have real risks, the laws are designed to make you a victim.

Our laws show the lack of trust our Police bosses and Parliamentarians have in their own citizens.

And when Police are afraid of citizens, when Parliaments is afraid of its law abiding citizens, FREE CITIZENS SHOULD BE AFRAID of the intent of the Police bosses and Parliament.

I was reading this post and frankly a bit shocked at what you CAN"T do in Australia..Illegal to carry a knife? Pepper spray?? Apparently the gov. there feels it is better for a women to get attacked than to let her defend herself?

This struck me particularly weird maybe because yesterday I was at a gun show here in my home town..I think if some on here from around the world would see one they would be shocked as to the difference in how gun and defense laws differ from the USA compared to many other nations..I may go by there on my way home from the office today and snap a few pics..stark contrast between our two countries when it comes to these items...

One of the booths at the gun show is actually a guy I have taken several handgun classes from (former Navy Seal Team 1 member)...he is actually teaching a 6 hour knife defense course at the Brazilian Jiu-jitsu school I attend in two weeks..guessing that would be a no-go down there as well..learing to take a knife away and/or use on in a defensive manner??

We are also lucky here as crime is very low where I live...but, I do travel often to more populated areas...and when I do drive, a weapon or 3 are always with me...not paranoid, just prepared... in fact ordered a new handgun yesterday, will be here this coming Thursday..ordered a Walther PPQ in .45acp...holds 12 in the clip..and is very comfortable to shoot as well as being very accurate..

Anyway, again, very surprised by your post and what is not allowed down there...

Ripp

--------------------

Ripp
.577 member

#296945 - 13/03/17 08:26 AM

Local Gun Show this weekend pics..

--------------------

MMBA
.275 member

Reged: 12/12/15
Loc: NSW Australia
      #296966 - 13/03/17 12:15 PM

Thankyou Ripp - point well made.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Safari outfitter & ex Brit Army officer shot dead in Kenya [Re: MMBA]
      #296972 - 13/03/17 12:41 PM

Ripp,

I know that very well.

Most countries are like here now though.

Where police do not trust their own populations.

Where excuses are used to disarm the population. Vietnamese gang members where found to be carrying knives, so take knives off everyone .... you know that includes the school boy and his little Swiss Army Knife, can't have that, can we!

Mace hasn't ever been allowed for what I know. Hells Bellss if we had it, someone might use it on the Police !!!

Guns, they keep trying to take off us, again and again and again. The reason we now have seven Shooters Fishers and Farmers members of Parliament in three states today. But the banners keep on trying.

Hell, a man wanting to wear a dress and pee in the women's toilets is considered more "normal" than go and shoot a rabbit, per many of these weirdos who make the laws .....

And my las comment is WHY they DO want to take guns off us. Because eventually we will have had enough of their "social engineering" and "mind control" and say enough is enough, and we will do something about it ...

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Ripp
.577 member

#297003 - 14/03/17 12:47 AM

Quote:

Ripp,

I know that very well.

Most countries are like here now though.

Where police do not trust their own populations.

Where excuses are used to disarm the population. Vietnamese gang members where found to be carrying knives, so take knives off everyone .... you know that includes the school boy and his little Swiss Army Knife, can't have that, can we!

Mace hasn't ever been allowed for what I know. Hells Bellss if we had it, someone might use it on the Police !!!

Guns, they keep trying to take off us, again and again and again. The reason we now have seven Shooters Fishers and Farmers members of Parliament in three states today. But the banners keep on trying.

Hell, a man wanting to wear a dress and pee in the women's toilets is considered more "normal" than go and shoot a rabbit, per many of these weirdos who make the laws .....

And my las comment is WHY they DO want to take guns off us. Because eventually we will have had enough of their "social engineering" and "mind control" and say enough is enough, and we will do something about it ...

Unfortunately that is becoming the world most live in...I saw in the news this morning where a group of people at a basketball game sent an apology for wearing RED, WHITE, and BLUE...as some on the opposing team were immigrants and they were offended...really??? the game is in the USA...if you are offended by that then get the f*ck out and go where you don't feel offended... IMHO of course...

As to the gun issue--as you state and I as well..wonder what the government is so afraid of they feel the constant need to attack our weapons..leaving the masses helpless like a group of sheep...

--------------------

MMBA
.275 member

#297047 - 14/03/17 01:57 PM

Straight out of the mugabe management manual. As with the ClusterFuck in Zim how will the locals pay their bills now?

Bastards.

Really Ripp? Apologising for the Flag? - absurd.

Edited by MMBA (14/03/17 02:10 PM)

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Safari outfitter & ex Brit Army officer shot dead in Kenya [Re: MMBA]
      #297053 - 14/03/17 07:24 PM

Quote:

Straight out of the mugabe management manual. As with the ClusterFuck in Zim how will the locals pay their bills now?

Bastards.

Really Ripp? Apologising for the Flag? - absurd.

Here you go...yes, absurd indeed...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/13/wea...-hot-water.html

--------------------

MMBA
.275 member

#297096 - 15/03/17 02:11 PM

Refugees offended by the Flag that grants refuge!

'any normal educated...ask...what were those kids thinking' - well, thinking the same thing the refugees and immigrants SHOULD be thinking and leave the PC NONSENSE well alone.

The Gentleman above was murdered for his success. On similar lines the offended want to drag things down to their level, I would say.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4910

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com