Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: New Adler Lever action shotguns for Australia

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Shotguns

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
New Adler Lever action shotguns for Australia
      #265358 - 22/05/15 12:28 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLkTFGdp1uA

New lever action shotguns being brought in from Turkey by NIOA - Adler.

http://www.nioa.com.au/news/latest-news/view/38/adler-lever-action-shotgun/latest-news

Adler Lever Action Shotgun
Friday 15th May 2015

Arrives late August 2015.

Take a look at Adler’s revolutionary new A110 lever action shotgun, featuring a modern technology lever operated design. Reliability is the key with lever action shotguns, and NIOA has torture tested this design with over 5000 rounds of mixed loads and proven it reliable.

The gun features a smooth cycling action, 7-shot tube magazine and a soft ventilated recoil pad. Quality Turkish walnut and generously checkered grip panels provide positive handling, and the hard chrome bore and chamber helps reduce maintenance.

The interchangeable chokes allow you to tailor your patterns for different cartridges and game. The 28” model is the perfect field gun for ducks, foxes and rabbits. The 20” model is tailor made for fast and furious pig shooting from the bike, quad or ATV. This new technology lever action shotgun is a game changer for the Australian market, and must-have for any keen hunter.

Available in the following two models:

• 20” barrel with straight grip stock
• 28” barrel with pistol grip stock

Features:

12Ga 3” Chamber
7+1 magazine capacity
Short stroke lever for fast operation
Hard chrome bore and chamber
3 x internal screw in chokes
Barrels feature ventilated rib with brass bead
Alloy receiver with 3/8” dovetail rail for optics
Ventilated recoil pad
Turkish Walnut stock
Sling swivels
Steel shot compatable up to half choke
Weight: 7lbs approx.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
lapua
.333 member

Reged: 15/05/05
Loc: Australia
Re: New Adler Lever action shotguns for Australia [Re: NitroX]
      #265374 - 22/05/15 10:01 AM

Should be a winner see how they preform in oz hunting conditions apparently the weapon has some weak parts from what I understand only time will tell

--------------------
Cheers

lapua

ADF VETERAN ARMY

Lest We Forget

Ash
.400 member

Reged: 10/05/11
Re: New Adler Lever action shotguns for Australia [Re: lapua]
      #265464 - 24/05/15 11:08 AM

These are apparently selling like crazy, and they're not even going to be in the country for another 3+ months!

--------------------

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Re: New Adler Lever action shotguns for Australia [Re: Ash]
      #268076 - 15/07/15 09:42 AM

G'Day Fella's,

I have been pretty active on various Face Book (FB) pages, trying to defend LAFO's and countering the Gun Grabbers BS. One of the other Pro Gunners, posted the following video on one of these FB pages.
Please forward it Far and Wide.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=682JLrsUmEM

Doh!
Homer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

500Boswell
.400 member

Reged: 21/07/06
Loc: Queensland
Re: New Adler Lever action shotguns for Australia [Re: Homer]
      #268538 - 26/07/15 01:57 PM

According to a post on OZ Gunsales ,these are now a Banned Import [due to Govt Concerns about terrorism] maybe a better idea to Stop importing Potential Terrorists ,thanks to the Labor Party and the Greens and their ''Anyone who wants to come here by boat can'' ,and idiotic increases in immigration

Well_Well_Well
.333 member

Reged: 03/01/07
Re: New Adler Lever action shotguns for Australia [Re: 500Boswell]
      #268545 - 26/07/15 04:23 PM

The lesson here folks is this;

Accept no restrictions, no registration, no "reasonable compromise", nothing.

The excuses given for this latest limitation are just that, it has been made relatively easy by registration to use a stroke of a pen to effectively restrict these firearms out of the public's use.

There is still time to fight it, but the antis have a big, big head start.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: New Adler Lever action shotguns for Australia [Re: Well_Well_Well]
      #268551 - 26/07/15 06:18 PM

If modified for a maximum five shot magazine, they will till probably get in.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#268560 - 26/07/15 07:33 PM

But ...

Tony Abbott, the disciple of gun-grabber John Howard ...

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/gun-ban-the-right-decision/story-fni0ffsx-1227456912820

Gun ban the right decision
EDITORIAL
SUNDAY HERALD SUN
JULY 26, 2015 12:00AM

AS the sad and tragic news of yet another fatal shooting emanates from the United States, it is reassuring to learn Prime Minister Tony Abbott plans to suspend the importation of the Adler A110 rapid-fire shotgun.

As the Sunday Herald Sun exclusively reveals today, Mr Abbott — while intervening in the gun law reform debate — has halted the arrival of the weapon on Australian shores.

Described by experts as a “fast and furious” firearm, the Turkish-made Adler A110 can fire eight shots in eight seconds thanks to a lever-action mechanism.

In the wrong hands these guns could cause untold damage, death and misery.

The arrival of these shotguns in Australia threatens to undermine gun laws introduced after the 1996 Port Arthur massacre, where gunman Martin Bryant shot dead 35 innocent victims — including men, women and children.

In the wake of that massacre, then prime minister John Howard introduced groundbreaking laws banning semi-automatic firearms in Australia.

They were vital laws that have helped prevent a similar act of unspeakable carnage in this country.

Sadly, such acts continue to occur in the US.

The rapid-fire Adler A110 was to be classed as a Category A weapon, the most relaxed classification under our current gun laws.

Because of this, critics warned the availability of this firearm in Australia would make it possible for thousands of ordinary shooters to own a rapid-fire shotgun for the first time since the Port Arthur mass shooting. The gun has sparked debate about the dangers of firearms versus the right for legitimate licence holders to use them. It is an argument that inevitably becomes a heated one.

The company wanting to import the Adler A110 said it was “miffed” at the latest controversy because the guns, which sell for about $800, meet all current legal requirements.

Field and Game Australia development manager Daryl Snowdon has been quoted as saying current laws were a “knee-jerk reaction” to the Port Arthur massacre.

But Victorian Police Minister Wade Noonan believes the Adler A110 should have the same restriction as a semi-automatic firearm.

“I have spoken to the Acting (police) Chief Commissioner Tim Cartwright about this matter,” Mr Noonan recently said.

Gun Control Australia spokesman Roland Browne told the Sunday Herald Sun: “Rapid-fire rifles turn up in mass shootings and that’s why they were basically banned here after Port Arthur. We would like to see a complete ban unless it is subject to the same restrictions as a Category C firearm.”

In the wake of Mr Abbott’s intervention, the importation of 7000 Adler A110 shotguns will be suspended for at least six months, until the National Firearms Agreement review process is completed in early 2016.

For the moment, at least, the status quo on public firepower remains.

Mr Abbott should be congratulated for taking this strong stance. In doing so he has upheld the legacy set by Mr Howard after one of the darkest chapters in our nation’s history.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

500Boswell
.400 member

#268562 - 26/07/15 07:38 PM

The majority of the Television News Reports showed more pictures of semi autos than the actual Adler gun ,which is typical of the anti gun bias the Media has ,the usual brainwashing tactics on the dumb public

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#268586 - 26/07/15 10:42 PM

Shooters and Fishers Party

The Shooters and Fishers Party are disgusted that the Federal Govt are using the actions of a terrorist - with an illegally obtained firearm - to justify a ban on law abiding firearm owners. There is no justification for this ban, and the Shooters and Fishers Party will oppose it politically in every State and on a national stage. This is, sadly, another example of a weak and ineffective politician choosing the easy option instead of making the tough decisions to protect the safety of all Australians. This ban will make absolutely no difference to the ease with which criminals obtain illegal firearms, and will only punish law abiding firearm owners.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Homer
.416 member

#269178 - 12/08/15 08:36 AM

G'Day Fella's,

The latest news (from within the industry) that I have heard is, if these Adler Lever Action Seedguns are sold as a 4 or 5 shot, they will be classed as an "A Category" firearm!

You may remember in the initial ABC 7.30 Distort program that went to air on this seedgun, it showed the Nioa Trading staff with an Adler without an extension magazine attached!

Also, rumor has it that at yesterdays Liberal National Party meeting, they not only discussed marriage equality (which is all over the media) but that the situation with the Adler Shotguns and changes to the National Firearms Agreement, were also discussed!!!

Fingers crossed and do yourself a favour and join your local branch of the Shooters and Fishers Party!!!

Regards
Homer

Further to this; FYI, here is an example of how a True Democracy works;

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e126ff12cbbcb8d3dfa71147b/files/adlerroll.pdf
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e126ff12cbbcb8d3dfa71147b/files/McKenzie_Statement.pdf
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/e126ff12cbbcb8d3dfa71147b/files/Keenan_announcement.pdf

Mind you, the last line of Keenan's press release, may be of concern?

Regards
Homer

--------------------

Edited by Homer (12/08/15 05:51 PM)

Homer
.416 member

#271961 - 22/10/15 08:32 PM

G'Day Fella's,

From what I understand, the following will be the case, with regard to Lever Action shotguns;

Lever Actions with a 5 Shot capacity magazine, will be reclassified from Category "A" to Category "B".
Lever Actions with a magazine capacity of more than 5 Shots, will now be a Category "D"!

There will be No Compensation if you don't already have Authorisation for the new Category, on your license!
So it will be "Confiscation, without Compensation"!!!

And about what i expected!

Edited by Homer,
FYI-http://www.scribd.com/doc/286395075/The-Liberal-Government-is-After-Your-Guns-Again

Double Doh!!
Homer

--------------------

Edited by Homer (22/10/15 08:46 PM)

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #271963 - 22/10/15 11:17 PM

My Mossberg and previously M870 Remington pump guns work more quickly and accurately than that lever gun is capable of with a skilled operator. They also hold 10 rounds if you wish with the rotary magazines now available. Are pumps restricted in Australia?

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

TonyD227
.300 member

Reged: 09/07/15
Loc: NSW Australia
Re: New Adler Lever action shotguns for Australia [Re: DarylS]
      #271991 - 23/10/15 03:17 PM

Quote:

My Mossberg and previously M870 Remington pump guns work more quickly and accurately than that lever gun is capable of with a skilled operator. They also hold 10 rounds if you wish with the rotary magazines now available. Are pumps restricted in Australia?

Yes Daryl.

The crazy thing though is that other 12G lever actions (Chiappa 1887) are not?

--------------------
When to much recoil is just not enough.

500Boswell
.400 member

Re: New Adler Lever action shotguns for Australia [Re: TonyD227]
      #271995 - 23/10/15 05:45 PM

there seems to be alot of 1887s for sale at the moment ? panic sell ?

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#271998 - 23/10/15 07:00 PM

Quote:

there seems to be alot of 1887s for sale at the moment ? panic sell ?

Yes and no is my guess. I would think a lot are being sold as the owners have bought the better Adler. I looked at a replica 1887 and decided it was unweildly and crap.

I would consider an Adler, class A or B. Fine with a five shot magazine, if not having the extra 2 or 3 cartridges in the magazine, change it from being a terrorist weapon to a sporting shotgun for duck hunting and pest control ....

Yes, the five shot Adler shotguns are selling like mad. Lots of guys on the internet are over the moon having received one of the crappy shotguns .... crappy because a nice semi-auto would be so much nicer.

I do have a spot on my licence for a C class restricted shotgun, so could choose to acquire a semi-auto shotgun. Just don't want to have to pay for one. They aren't cheap now that demand and supply is so small.

Daryl, semi-auto and pump action shotguns were heavily restricted in 1996. A C class licence is required, which needs justificiations such as farm pest control, security needs etc.

Pump action rifles and lever action are not restricted in such a way, other than normal firearms needs requirements, but semi auto rifles are restricted.

Lever action shotguns were class A and as long as a person had a need for a firearms licence, no other restrictions really. Changed because of an idiotic video showing a Turk from Adler shooting an Adler in extreme rapid fire from the waist in a promotional video ...

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Edited by NitroX (24/10/15 03:56 AM)

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
      #272020 - 24/10/15 03:46 AM

OK - I understand. The model 1887's are really fun guns in cowboy action shooting or for black powder clay shooting. I do not think they are particularly rapid shooters.

I had a semi-auto 12 bore when I was a kid. I turned from a damn good shot with my single shot Sears/Roebuck Cooey break barrel 20 bore - rarely ever missing, to a 3-shot loser. I always fired 3 and rarely, if ever hit anything with the second or third, but go through the ammo, it did. That was a Remington, Sportsman 48 or maybe 58 seems to me.
I sold it and bought an overunder Baikal with vent rib- what a nice gun and learned to shoot all over again, becoming a passable shooter. Knowing I had only 1 spare shot, seemed to be much more demanding that knowing I had 2 EXTRA shots.

Whatever the mechanics actually were, it worked.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Waidmannsheil
.400 member

Reged: 19/04/13
Loc: Melbourne Australia
      #272034 - 24/10/15 07:14 AM

I had a go of an Adler the other day in a gun shop and it was the roughest, clunkiest heap of shit you could imagine. The Police and the media keep harping on about its smooth action which supposedly made it much faster to fire, however in reality it is horrible, an old Winchester model 94 is much faster and smoother.

Waidmannsheil.

--------------------
There is nothing wrong with vegetarian food, so long as there is meat with it.

Homer
.416 member

#272049 - 24/10/15 10:11 AM

Quote:

G'Day Fella's,

Yes Daryl, 4 + 1 Pump Action (and Semi-Auto) Seedguns are in the more restricted Category "C" category!

Regards
Homer

--------------------

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: New Adler Lever action shotguns for Australia [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #272062 - 24/10/15 04:51 PM

Quote:

I had a go of an Adler the other day in a gun shop and it was the roughest, clunkiest heap of shit you could imagine. The Police and the media keep harping on about its smooth action which supposedly made it much faster to fire, however in reality it is horrible, an old Winchester model 94 is much faster and smoother.

Waidmannsheil.

Interesting. All the buyers on the net are claiming how wonderful they are ... guess it is worth trying one out first to see how good or crap they function.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

TonyD227
.300 member

Reged: 09/07/15
Loc: NSW Australia
      #276775 - 19/01/16 09:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Waidmannsheil.

Interesting. All the buyers on the net are claiming how wonderful they are ... guess it is worth trying one out first to see how good or crap they function.

There seem to be a lot of Adlers coming up on 2nd hand gun sites at the moment.

I wonder if its concern over the laws or they just aren't what people thought they would be?

--------------------
When to much recoil is just not enough.

BigEyeBob
.275 member

Reged: 12/05/16
Loc: Katherine Northern Territory ...
      #295789 - 24/02/17 07:51 PM

Yep my asessment exactly , you couldn't give me one for nix .

--------------------
I'm not young enough to know every thing .

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: New Adler Lever action shotguns for Australia [Re: BigEyeBob]
      #295791 - 24/02/17 08:30 PM

Well now they will be a class B firearm if 5 shots or less. The 7 shot ones will be Class D and effectively banned. Unless some grandfathering provisions are allowed.

I had a look at one way back then and was not impressed by them.

However they do excite the newbie and "tactical" wannabe types, who do not understand a good shotgun is about balance and pointability. Not 10 shot tactical wannabe guns for 'clearing buildings'.

I still have to get the Mossberg pump action tranferred to my name. It is horribly pitted though and red with rust. I will see about putting some coating on it to cover. Very much a working gun. It is much better, at least before being rusted, than any Adler crap action. Only farm pest destruction purpose of use though. Class C.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 12537

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com