Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Pump action AK

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Pump action AK
      #295302 - 15/02/17 12:35 PM

Kalashnikov to make a Pump-Action AK Rifle

Posted 2 days ago in AK-47 / AK-74 / Everything AK, Daily News by Hrachya H

Vitaly Kryuchin, the president of Practical Shooting Federation of Russia (the Russian branch of IPSC), has announced, that Kalashnikov Concern is planning to make an AK-based pump-action rifle for the competition shooters. The new rifle will be called KSZ-223 (IZh-1618). Kalashnikov will release the new rifle by the end of February 2017.

The drawing above is the only image of the new gun available right now. The rifle is dedicated for manual action rifle divisions of IPSC matches. The gun will look like a modern/customized AK-74. It will feature a telescoping stock, Picatinny rail on the dust cover and a short rail section at six o’clock, in front of the handguard.

The mechanism of the rifle will probably share many parts with the traditional Kalashnikov rifles. It would be interesting to know if the recoil spring will remain to assist the closing cycle of the action or if it will be removed to make it a more traditional pump-action. Judging from the model name (KSZ-223), I think the rifle will be chambered in .223 Remington.

Pump-action modifications of AK rifles are nothing new in the industry. Several companies made such conversions earlier. However, the mentioned conversions were mainly done to meet the restrictive legislation requirements. In the case of KSZ-223, it is designed for competition. Unfortunately, there is no information concerning the availability of the gun in the US market. We’ll be watching the development of this firearm and keep our readers informed.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/02/13/kalashnikov-make-pump-action-ak-rifle/

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
Re: Pump action AK [Re: NitroX]
      #295318 - 15/02/17 04:17 PM

Nitro-X this has all been done before.
Back in the late 1990's (?), a good mate of mine here in Canberra, had done all the foot work to get these into production (in Europe), in both 7.62x39 and .223 iirc.
The import permits were signed off and authorised and magazine adverts were in place and then that slimy little political animal, little johnny howard got wind of their imminent importation.
The first shipment of rifles were seized by Customs (or was it the AFP?), and thats where that ended.

I'm not sure if things have changed enough these days but only time will tell ...................

FJWH!
Homer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1855

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com