Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: A Surprise 'Parts' Rifle..!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Lee Speed Forum & Archive

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Roy
.300 member

Reged: 06/09/15
Loc: New Mexico
Re: A Surprise 'Parts' Rifle..! [Re: Waidmannsheil]
      #294687 - 03/02/17 06:41 AM

Thanks Waidmannsheil,

Very much appreciated. The whole experience has taken a few month, so not quick! And I'm sure I still have some weeks to go.

Still it's a pattern of Lee-Speed that I don't yet have and it looks to be in super clean condition too, so rather excited.

Cheerio,

Roy

--------------------
My Website: www.wilkinsonfscollection.com

http://wilkinsonfscollection.com/wilkinsonfscollection.com/The_Lee-Speed_Rifle.html

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: A Surprise 'Parts' Rifle..! [Re: Rule303]
      #294688 - 03/02/17 07:19 AM

Quote:

G'day Roy, Thanks for posting the eye candy. I do share Vikings sentiments and do know the frustrations of what the authorities here cause. Glad your friend was able to rescue the remains and the whole lot was not lost altogether.

Certainly sad to see such a wonderful piece of history all but destroyed!

I bought many years ago an old M1 carbine (Winchester), I cleaned it all up for my oldest lad for when he progressed up from using a .22; I also had a .243 & a .303 then so bit of a jump up for a young lad - hence buying what I did.
Yes it was a very sad day to take it in to be 'reclaimed' by the government (Never forgiven John Howard for what he did), I had already contacted a local military museum for them to have it passed to - but if it went to the government collectors it would only be destroyed!
So I took it back out of their hands & told them "There is NO price on history" (that what this is really about) & donated it directly to our military museum.
"But you'll get no refund" they said - the look of shock on their faces was enough reward for me! Yes we must have our principles & we must not let these wonderful pieces of working art be destroyed!
So thanks to you Roy we will see it come back in 'restored' form - far better than not at all!
Keep up the good work!
93x64mm

darwinmauser
.300 member

Reged: 07/05/07
Loc: Darwin NT
Re: A Surprise 'Parts' Rifle..! [Re: 93x64mm]
      #294704 - 03/02/17 02:34 PM

Looking at the photo it appears that the barrel stub including the knox form is still screwed into the action, a good gunsmith could bore and thread this to screw a new tube in without losing the knox form or any markings that are there. It's perhaps another option.

Roy
.300 member

Reged: 06/09/15
Loc: New Mexico
Re: A Surprise 'Parts' Rifle..! [Re: darwinmauser]
      #294707 - 03/02/17 03:03 PM

Hi Darwinmauser,

An interesting suggestion and one I had not considered nor knew was possible.

If this was possible it would be nice to retain the markings.

There are certainly more options suggested than I had ever considered.

Cheers,

Roy

--------------------
My Website: www.wilkinsonfscollection.com

http://wilkinsonfscollection.com/wilkinsonfscollection.com/The_Lee-Speed_Rifle.html

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7204

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com