Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Bushland Safaris - New Zealand - Brian Harre

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunt Reports

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Bushland Safaris - New Zealand - Brian Harre
      #2939 - 25/05/03 12:45 AM

Outfitter: Bushland Safaris
Hunting Guide: Brian Harre (owner)
Agent: None
Game sought: Red deer stag
Game taken: Red deer stag & a Arapawa Ram
Date: May 1993
Satisfied: Absolutely
Recommend to other hunters: Yes, top class

I hunted with Bushland Safaris in New Zealand in 1993. I hunted red deer stag in Central North Island on private land.

The principal was Brian Harre and he also guided me. Brian is a true professional, ethical and took care of me, the client very well. He is very knowledgable on the game, the country in which we hunted and also personable.

My hunt was over quickly with the stag being taken early in the hunt and so Brian "put me up" in his house for the rest of the booking so I could do some sight seeing in Auckland instead.

I also took an Arapawa ram for a very reasonable trophy fee as there was an wild flock on the property. I decided in the end to try for one when we spotted the flock by chance as I probably would never intentionally seek one out, and would unlikely ever just "bump" into them again. The ram is a record class head but I have never had it registered.

The price (I can't remember) was very reasonable and was also a special price offered to a hunting club I belong to, which auctioned the 2x1 hunt. Brian then allowed the two of us to hunt different species at different dates ie 2 x 1x1. The other hunter hunted sambar deer and was also successful and very happy.

I have met two other hunters (completely unrelated) and both said Brian was the best hunting guide that they have used anywhere. These hunters both have experienced many more guided hunts than I have.

So I can unreservedly recommend Brian Harre if you are looking to hunt in New Zealand.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  HuntReports, NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2253

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com