Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Second pics `17

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Pages: 1
gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Second pics `17
      #293790 - 14/01/17 07:11 AM

Daylight breaking in the bush today was beautiful after the 22 mm of rain.It was still fairly dark under the bush canopy.
Narrow leaf peppermint gums were exuding that intoxicating fragrance combined with the other native bush plants as they do after the rain has washed the dust off the leaves.
I had left my camera in the car,something of course that I now rue,most unusual but shit happens.
I walked the 10 minutes up to my game camera ,changed the cards over and then had a second look at something 'dark' in the very green bush slightly above me at a distance of 45 metres.
Well fuck me it was the young hind shown in the pic below.She was facing me with her head held high.
I lifted the rifle and looked at her through the scope then thinking how much work it was to do by myself to recover her,the rifle was lowered easily.

She doesn't know that her eyes were focused on the pointy end of my 7mm barrel and how close she came to being on my plate.
She watched me intently,I wasn't cammed either,just a blue polo shirt on with snake jeans.I believe that as I was lit from behind by break of daylight coming through the bush and in front of and in line with a large tree that she couldn't ID me properly.
Thirty seconds later what i thought was a spikey walked out from behind high blackberry bushes through the cover and they both walked off.The ratty stag in the pic is more than likely the deer I thought of as a 'spikey'.
The deer after the very good spring rainfall and resultant feed are fat and in round condition.They will only get fatter.
A lovely morning...except for leaving my camera in the ute.
One nice hand held is worth a 1000 game camera pics.

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1299

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com