Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Three-essential-shooting-drills for Concealed Carry

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Handguns

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Three-essential-shooting-drills for Concealed Carry
      #292601 - 26/12/16 09:11 AM

http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/concealed-carry-tips-three-essential-shooting-drills/

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Three-essential-shooting-drills for Concealed Carry [Re: Ripp]
      #292616 - 26/12/16 01:51 PM

Yes- taught those or similar. Good stuff.

IDPA also teaches drawing from concealed carry, I've been told - want to try this shooting discipline at our range this coming summer, with both my .38 Police Positive and M29 .44.!

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #292642 - 27/12/16 09:15 AM

Those drills have one thing in common. Aim small, Hit small. This works. Though I have gone off the last one. I now use two targets, and go Chest, change to second target, head, back to first and head.

The idea is to get you thinking multiple armed offenders, where you do not have the time to completely stop one before moving to the next.

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Three-essential-shooting-drills for Concealed Carry [Re: Rule303]
      #292653 - 27/12/16 03:30 PM

Then, there is Jerry Miculek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbUMqoyjDw

check the trigger speed at 6:20 +

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Ripp
.577 member

#292659 - 28/12/16 01:44 AM

Quote:

Those drills have one thing in common. Aim small, Hit small. This works. Though I have gone off the last one. I now use two targets, and go Chest, change to second target, head, back to first and head.

The idea is to get you thinking multiple armed offenders, where you do not have the time to completely stop one before moving to the next.

Last time I went to a defensive handgun course they had 8 steel targets set up at various distances..numbered..they would give you a sequence of numbers you were to shoot..then in the middle change the sequence..kept doing that..made things interesting...

Agree, aim small hit small...similar to shooting a bow or a rifle at long distance..

Ripp

--------------------

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #292660 - 28/12/16 02:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Last time I went to a defensive handgun course they had 8 steel targets set up at various distances..numbered..they would give you a sequence of numbers you were to shoot..then in the middle change the sequence..kept doing that..made things interesting...

Agree, aim small hit small...similar to shooting a bow or a rifle at long distance..

Ripp

Ripp those sort of drills along with turning targets with different stimuli attached are what I like to run as more advanced practices. As you said they do make things interesting.

Ripp
.577 member

#292662 - 28/12/16 03:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ripp

Ripp those sort of drills along with turning targets with different stimuli attached are what I like to run as more advanced practices. As you said they do make things interesting.

Have you done 3 gun or similar scenarios ???

Ripp

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1428

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com