Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Bob Swinehart

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Bowhunting + Bows, Spears & Knives

Pages: 1
rigbymauser
.400 member

Reged: 15/05/05
Loc: Denmark
Bob Swinehart
      #289784 - 03/11/16 08:13 AM

Here today I recieved a gift from my ol and dear friend Flemming. A book written by Bob Swinehart called "In Africa With Bob Swinehart"(1967). It is a rare rare book. Flemming had corrospondance with Bob and I have also a few letters to go with the book. Bob mailed 3 books to Flemming where this one is a privately hardbound(even more rare). Flemming is that guy who got me into bookcollecting and archery. Flemmings father also hunted with Bror Blixen in late 1920s. Flemmings mother and grandmother knew Hans & Bror Blixen very well.

Is BobSwinehart still a name within the archery sport in US/Canada?.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Marrakai
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: Darwin, Top End of Australia
Re: Bob Swinehart [Re: rigbymauser]
      #289849 - 04/11/16 01:05 PM

Quote:

Is Bob Swinehart still a name within the archery sport in US/Canada?

It is in Australia!
Well, amongst us older Aussies that is...

I did a lot of bowhunting when I was young and 'bullet-proof' and a cherished copy of "Sagittarius" has been on my bookshelf since the 1970s. Alongside Howard Hill, Bob Swinehart will always be at the top of the list of all-time greats with the longbow.

Most Aussies with a few miles on their moccasins would put Kevin Whiting up there too!

The book "In Africa..." pre-dates "Sagittarius" by a few years, and its success was probably Bob's inspiration to publish the latter. You must be mighty pleased to own a copy!
Congratulations.

--------------------
Marrakai
When the bull drops, the bullshit stops!
--------------------------------
www.marrakai-adventure.com.au

rigbymauser
.400 member

Re: Bob Swinehart [Re: Marrakai]
      #289869 - 05/11/16 05:51 AM

Thanks Marrakai.

I have Sagittarius also...1 in the original copy and the later reprint made up Glen St.Charles.

aromakr
.375 member

Reged: 20/04/11
Loc: Hamilton, Montana
Re: Bob Swinehart [Re: rigbymauser]
      #291723 - 10/12/16 03:05 AM

We old guys still know the name Bob Swinehart AKA(Bobcat). There is quite a discussion about him on the leatherwall at this time as well as pictures of his exploits.
Bob

rigbymauser
.400 member

Re: Bob Swinehart [Re: aromakr]
      #291792 - 11/12/16 09:02 AM

Quote:

We old guys still know the name Bob Swinehart AKA(Bobcat). There is quite a discussion about him on the leatherwall at this time as well as pictures of his exploits.
Bob

Thanks and good to know. Yes the olīschool of bowhunters (those who used recurve, long and flat bows) is passing away. I have been shooting longbows and flatbows for many years but since IīVe got married, kids etc the shooting has gone down almost next to nothing..however I feel I have got a new interest again(and time) to pick-up where I left 17 years ago. Names like Saxton Pope, Howard Hill, JOhn Schulz and Paul Bear isnīt mentioned as much overhere as they used to.

BTW I bought a Yew take-down longbow by Jay St.Charles some 9 years back. I did a bit of shooting with it the first year(―season) but havenīt got around to shoot it on regular basis(as one ought to) to keep up the skills. That longbow from Jay is the sweetest bow I have yet handled.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1887

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com