Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Lord Derby Eland, Tiger fish and Nile Pearch?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Fishing

Pages: 1
Rell
.375 member

Reged: 03/12/04
Loc: Oyster Bay, NY, USA
Lord Derby Eland, Tiger fish and Nile Pearch?
      #288660 - 04/10/16 08:56 AM

I''m headed to Cameroon December 26th to hunt Lord Darby Eland, Harnessed Bushbuck, Savanah Elephant and Cobb. Very excited but a touch nervous as well. Have not been to West Africa since 1994 when I was 19 and spent most of a year in Ghana.

This is a step up in seriousness and expense over my previous six safaris.

I'm bringing a Sako Blackbear in 9.3x62 in an MPI stock, 1.7-13x42 Swarosfski X8i in EAW pivot rings and loaded with 300gr Swift Aframes and 300gr Hornady Solids at 2350 fps. Spare 2.5x20 Leupold FX scope in spare rings.

The tiger and Nile Pearce fishing is suppose to be fantastic ... what should I bring for a rod and reel? I have fished quite a lot for most of my life but have never paid attention to gear. My dad loves trout and salmon fishing and I just kind of "got" grear from him as he deemed fit.

I would love very specific recommendations for rod weight and reel size, brand and model would be greatly appreciated. Ideally I'd like a 3 piece rod but, what do I know!

THX

--------------------
450-400, 9.3x74r and 7x65r.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1213

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com