Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: When Scopes go bad--

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
When Scopes go bad--
      #288628 - 03/10/16 05:05 AM

Having just had a NEW higher end scope bit the dust quickly and suddenly, thought I would post this..my experience was almost identical to what was described..shot a good tight group..4th shot dead center with group but 2 1/2 inches low..then back up to group..then back down..

Tried factory ammo that had consistently been shooting around an 1" group--now 3" plus group..
Only the 3rd time in my life I've had a higher end scope go..so not bad odds but still frustrating..

http://www.accurateshooter.com/optics/diagnose-scope-problems/

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Edited by Ripp (03/10/16 08:24 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Postman
.375 member

Reged: 25/09/13
Loc: Canada
Re: When Scopes go bad-- [Re: Ripp]
      #288633 - 03/10/16 05:53 AM

Had this happen to me only once in my shooting lifetime about 5 years ago. Major brand name higher end scope failed on top of a .470NE.

Mfgr replaced it outright without blinking or missing a beat. The warrantee centre extremely was helpful and told me that they had seen some issues with that particular model not standing up very well to recoil. It was a new release at the time. When I got the new one, I relegated to the top of a .22.... I think it's now kicking about somewhere on my workbench. Other than that I've been very fortunate.

500Boswell
.400 member

Reged: 21/07/06
Loc: Queensland
Re: When Scopes go bad-- [Re: Postman]
      #288636 - 03/10/16 09:09 AM

Had a Zeiss Victory on my 458 Lott at around fifty shots its was had it ,and looking through it was cloudy fuzzy ,Zeiss repaired it free of charge but i expected a good scope at that price a cheap s...t scope probably would have lasted longer hmmmmm annoyed as it happened on a hunt

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: When Scopes go bad-- [Re: 500Boswell]
      #288654 - 04/10/16 12:15 AM

Quote:

Had a Zeiss Victory on my 458 Lott at around fifty shots its was had it ,and looking through it was cloudy fuzzy ,Zeiss repaired it free of charge but i expected a good scope at that price a cheap s...t scope probably would have lasted longer hmmmmm annoyed as it happened on a hunt

Mine was a NEW in the box Swarovski Z5 3-18--knew there was a issue with it when I got it out of the box..made a really weird grinding feel and noise when adjusting the parallax knob on the side..

The bad thing about it on a completely new rifle is not you wonder which one of the loads you were working up were good or which ones were a product of a faulty scope...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1021

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com