Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: mauser models?

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Mauser Discussion Forum

Pages: 1
ducmarc
.400 member

Reged: 14/07/14
Loc: fla
mauser models?
      #286442 - 14/08/16 01:37 PM

What is the difference between A B C model mausers thanks

--------------------
'killed by death' Lemmy.. ' boil the dog ' Elvis Manywounds "my best friend is my magnum forty four" hank willams the third.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Igorrock
.400 member

Reged: 01/03/07
Loc: Finland
Re: mauser models? [Re: ducmarc]
      #286450 - 14/08/16 08:00 PM

Yours question is very difficult to answer because there is many different versions in each code. Best way to get answer to yours question is read Jon Speedīs books "Original Oberndorf Sporting Rifles" and "Mauser Archives". Both are available to buy.

--------------------
http://promaakari.wordpress.com/

Wanabebwana
.300 member

Reged: 11/01/13
Loc: Canada
Re: mauser models? [Re: Igorrock]
      #286608 - 19/08/16 02:57 PM

The A is patterned after British rifles. Has horn fore end tip, 1 fixed and 4 folding blade express rear sight. Round barrel and banded front sight.Hinged floorplate with in bow release. Drop box on long (magnum) action.
The B may have a round or half octagonal/half round barrel with a solid top rib. The front sight is a sweated on ramp on the round barrel,integral with the rib on half hex barrel.The rear sight may be a tangent sight or a fixed blade with one folding leaf in front and one leaf behind.Semi Schnabel fore end tip. Pressed steel grip cap. Shotgun style trigger guard with single or double set triggers, or hinged floorplate with in bow release.
The C is the least desirable and often has the stepped, military type barrel and a rounded pistol grip(no cap).

https://www.google.ca/search?q=mauser+ty...860&bih=937

eagle27
.400 member

Reged: 24/01/09
Loc: Nelson, New Zealand
Re: mauser models? [Re: Wanabebwana]
      #286612 - 19/08/16 04:16 PM

Mauser Bolt Rifles by Ludwig Olson is fairly definitive source of information on both military and sporting Mauser rifles and the ammunition used in them. Probably more so than Jon Speeds book which concentrates on just the Oberndorf Mauser Sporters (as I understand it).

Probably the best and most sort after Oberndorf Mauser Sporter was the Type A but it did come in 11 different patterns with these patterns differentiated by double or single triggers, a range of different rear sights, not just the 1 fixed and four folding blade version, octagonal and round barrels. The Type A Pattern #1 as described by Wanabebwana is probably the most recognisable and popular Oberndorf Mauser sporter rifle especially in big game calibres in that it was made specifically for the English African safari market so did not have the Germanic features that the other patterns did.

Igorrock
.400 member

Reged: 01/03/07
Loc: Finland
Re: mauser models? [Re: eagle27]
      #286615 - 19/08/16 05:44 PM

If any interest to military Mauser rifles, IMO this books is one good to have:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/385930/...-by-robert-ball

--------------------
http://promaakari.wordpress.com/

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1840

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com