Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: German Magazine Review of Ollendorff Bar in Wood Rifle

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
German Magazine Review of Ollendorff Bar in Wood Rifle
      #286327 - 11/08/16 12:00 PM

I have no idea what happened to Philipp Ollendorff - his website seems down, and I hope he is still fine. There's an excellent review (with pictures) of a 7x65R double rifle that he built bar-in-wood style. Very unusual, very different, and absolutely gorgeous!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
93x64mm
.416 member

Reged: 07/12/11
Loc: Nth QLD Australia
Re: German Magazine Review of Ollendorff Bar in Wood Rifle [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #286353 - 12/08/16 07:16 AM

Wow I really like that style of double, not over the top & very well thought out!
The first part of the download makes you think that mehulkamdar has led us all astray - scroll down a few pages - is in German & unfortunately I can't translate!
93x64mm

ducmarc
.400 member

Reged: 14/07/14
Loc: fla
Re: German Magazine Review of Ollendorff Bar in Wood Rifle [Re: 93x64mm]
      #286369 - 12/08/16 11:20 AM

Nice rifle not to overly done. noticed the benelli Argo is listed in 9.3 and they still make double set triggers. Pretty wild stock on the over and under shotguns a few pages down .dont get much chance to peer in to the other side of the world.is there good places to hunt in Germany?

--------------------
'killed by death' Lemmy.. ' boil the dog ' Elvis Manywounds "my best friend is my magnum forty four" hank willams the third.

1980E26
.300 member

Reged: 03/05/05
Loc: USA
Re: German Magazine Review of Ollendorff Bar in Wood Rifle [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #287132 - 29/08/16 09:49 AM

Philipp is still making rifles, however he is currently working for another maker. He is not currently making rifles under his name. Several years ago Philipp worked for Fanzoj which was short lived. I consider Philipp one of the very best gun makers in the world. I would put his workmanship close to Glanznig, however he has not made the unique configurations that Glanznig has made. While in Ferlach this June, I had the privilege to meet Mr. Glanznig and see the final two firearms that he will ever build. The firearms were of the following configuration:

.410 Vierling, Sidelock, ejector, single trigger

9.3x74R Rib Drilling, sidelock, ejector, single trigger

I got to try the trigger on the rib drilling and all I can say is WOW. The trigger felt like something in a Gruning match rifle with virtually no reset and no creep. Both of these firearms are "unique" systems and to my knowledge Glanznig is the only one to have produced such configurations. Glanznig is hands down the best maker currently living in Ferlach, if not the world. For those not familiar with W. Glanznig, he has made approximately 140 handmade firearms in his 40 years of building.

1980E26

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2052

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com