Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Qantas - No Longer a Hunter Friendly Airline

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Qantas - No Longer a Hunter Friendly Airline
      #285801 - 28/07/16 09:27 PM

http://www.sportingshootermag.com.au/latest/qantas-no-longer-a-hunter-friendly-airline

Qantas - No Longer a Hunter Friendly Airline

By Michael Gibson | 24 July 2016

Qantas knee jerked back in 2015 after the public outcry over Cecil the Lion. Qantas created a ban on the transportation of all trophy animals even when taxidermied.

Up until recently, it has been a hit and miss affair when travelling with personal trophies. It appeared as though a watered down version was being applied with the focus centered towards African trophies. This is no longer the case.

Recently I made an attempt to ship Rusa antlers from North Queensland to Sydney. Qantas refused to move the antlers as part of their new restriction.

image: http://res.cloudinary.com/yaffa-publishing/image/fetch/fl_keep_iptc,c_fit,w_630/http%3A%2F%2Fyaffa%2Dcdn.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fyaffadsp%2Fimages%2FdmImage%2FSourceImage%2F%5F84562218%5Fwaltcecilcomp1.jpg

The same process completed successfully many times in the past. Even post the Lion controversy.

Qantas are flat refusing to move anything involving antlers, skins, jaws (bone) and horns. Even when already taxidermied. Anything tied to a hunting activity is now denied.

Another example of Qantas stubbornness and refusal to accept a legally hunted and taxidermied animal involves a desert sheep from the United States. The sheep was accompanied with all the required international and local paperwork. Carriage was still refused.

Qantas claimed to me that if the CITES freight was fully documented they would carry it. When the day arrived they refused to accept it any way. Lost me forever.

I made a few enquiries before completing this piece. It was extremely difficult to get a firm answer from Qantas.

I could not find anything firm on their website. A 30-minute phone call to their customer services hotline did not shed any light on the situation either.

The customer service officer straight off the bat stated “we no longer take any animals after the Cecil the Lion incident” I went on to ask for further information and the document that referenced this as my trophies were not listed and there were no customs restrictions on the items.

The agent said it was “vague and they don’t email out these documents.”

I was then forwarded, buck passed, to Qantas freight. The customer service officers here were very little help initially saying “it wasn’t them that had the restriction it was customs”. Clearly not the case.

I asked for clarification and got the following dialogue:

Qantas Freight Customer Services: “We no longer cart these items”

Customer: “Can I see the reference document for this restriction”

Qantas Freight Customer Services: “No we will not put that information online”

Customer: “Ok can I please have your name”

Qantas Freight: …. Dead line then hang up

This affects all Australian hunters. From pig to big game international hunting. Qantas does not discriminate. Qantas no longer want’s anything to do with your legally obtained trophies. Even down to a cast antler that you have found on a hunt.

It is time hunters and shooters are made aware that Qantas has confirmed that it is no longer a hunter friendly airline (domestically or internationally).

If you have had a similar issue please let us know or leave a comment below of your experience.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Qantas - No Longer a Hunter Friendly Airline [Re: NitroX]
      #285802 - 28/07/16 09:31 PM

A later comment:

Quote:

Michael Gibson Mod Beth Marino • 3 hours ago

You will be pleased to know Beth that Qantas has clarified their stance. They carry all hunting trophies except CITIES listed animals. They will be notifying staff this week.

But what does "CITES listed" mean? Does it still include a ban on CITES restricted animals even if accompanied with a proper permit allowing its taking?

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
      #285820 - 29/07/16 01:43 AM

Quote:

A later comment:

Quote:

Michael Gibson Mod Beth Marino • 3 hours ago

You will be pleased to know Beth that Qantas has clarified their stance. They carry all hunting trophies except CITIES listed animals. They will be notifying staff this week.

But what does "CITES listed" mean? Does it still include a ban on CITES restricted animals even if accompanied with a proper permit allowing its taking?

Good Point...In my opinion, no matter what they officially say, you better have info off of their website stating it is o.k...had a situation with UNITED a few years ago--manager at the front desk told me I could not travel through Instanbul with firearms ..we went back and forth for over an hour..finally when I threatened a law suite for the cost of my trip because of her ignorance she let me go..I am certain she was a lefty anti-hunter...

Personally it seems to be getting just a bit more difficult every year traveling with guns and or bringing trophies back home..and the cost of bringing them back home is becoming insane in price...
Several of my last hunts I just used one of the outfitters rifles..did this in Spain..was simple,easy and they had good quality firearms...

My other thought as to Quantas, I am pretty sure they are not the only airlines I can take to get down there..if that is the position they want to take, fine...I will choose to spend my money elsewhere... seems if/when an entire group (hunters traveling to Australia) starts to boycott their business their allegiances have a tendency to change a bit..

Ripp

Edited by Ripp (29/07/16 01:46 AM)

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Qantas - No Longer a Hunter Friendly Airline [Re: Ripp]
      #285850 - 29/07/16 06:46 PM

A key to any of these issues is we need to communicate these intentions en-mass to QANTAS and any other companies that act so irresponsibly.

THey MUST have a clear policy or fact sheet ONLINE which we can access, print and RELY on if booking with them. Otherwise FFFF them.

Regarding your leftie-anti in Istanbul. Funny how these sorts always think they can apply their own opinions as fact and rules. Usually incorrectly. Typical commie/leftie attitude with regards to believeing they can dominate or force others to do what they want.

I had a lovely girl once booking me in with an airline. She was interested in shooting and wanted to try it. I should have chatted to her for a while and gave her some info but had a brief reply or two. Then moved on. The line behind was not an issue that time. Good to see someone interested, a young girl, and should be encouraged when found.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
      #285857 - 29/07/16 07:02 PM

G'Day Fella's,

Sorry but qantas has just lost my business......regardless!

Quote> "They carry all hunting trophies except CITIES listed animals. They will be notifying staff this week."
The problem with so many large (and Small) organisation is, their inability to communicate information to their staff. ...."Didn't you get that emails", sound about right.
So given this, and the fact that no shortage of qantas staff's ability to remember this, I imagine it will be a "Fluster Cuck" for months to come!

Best to just give them a wide berth, I say!!!

Double Doh!!
Homer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Qantas - No Longer a Hunter Friendly Airline [Re: Homer]
      #285863 - 29/07/16 07:18 PM

YES but still communicate your intentions DIRECTLY to them.

Otherwise it is largely a non issue for them.

When they realise WHY they loose business they change.

The ANTIS do not hesitate to tell them and loudly!

I will post some links soon.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
      #285890 - 30/07/16 08:26 AM

G'Day Fella's,

Thank You NitroX, I look forward to letting qantas know how I feel about this.

Avagreatweekendeh!
Homer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
      #285891 - 30/07/16 08:44 AM

The chief ex officer bats for the other team,its no secret,perhaps he is also very Green,it does fit the bill.
He being Irish and from that country with a LONG history of hunting should have the letters reminding him of this fact.
We do nothing about his pillow biting and thus he should leave our trophy carriage alone too.

Personal life[edit]
Joyce is openly gay and lives in the inner-Sydney suburb of The Rocks with his partner, a New Zealand man with whom Joyce has been in a relationship since 1999.[2] In 2011, Joyce was successfully treated for prostate cancer.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Joyce_(executive)

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

500Boswell
.400 member

Reged: 21/07/06
Loc: Queensland
      #285892 - 30/07/16 08:44 AM

Try to get a Petition going and the SSAA involved and send it to Qantas telling them how much business they will lose for discrimination

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Qantas - No Longer a Hunter Friendly Airline [Re: 500Boswell]
      #285907 - 30/07/16 02:22 PM

Quote:

Try to get a Petition going and the SSAA involved and send it to Qantas telling them how much business they will lose for discrimination

Great Idea...

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Ripp
.577 member

Re: Qantas - No Longer a Hunter Friendly Airline [Re: gryphon]
      #285908 - 30/07/16 02:26 PM

Quote:

The chief ex officer bats for the other team,its no secret,perhaps he is also very Green,it does fit the bill.
He being Irish and from that country with a LONG history of hunting should have the letters reminding him of this fact.
We do nothing about his pillow biting and thus he should leave our trophy carriage alone too.

Personal life[edit]
Joyce is openly gay and lives in the inner-Sydney suburb of The Rocks with his partner, a New Zealand man with whom Joyce has been in a relationship since 1999.[2] In 2011, Joyce was successfully treated for prostate cancer.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Joyce_(executive)

====

You know, there is the issue... those liberal pricks have to put their personal preferences on everything they touch and think everyone else needs to follow suite..personally I don't care if he wants to put his wanker in a mayonnaise jar twice a day and have his dog do the rest..stick to the rules as they are and NOT as you wish they were...just saying...:)

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Yochanan
.375 member

Reged: 26/01/03
Loc: Volksdiktatur Schweden
Re: Qantas - No Longer a Hunter Friendly Airline [Re: Ripp]
      #285917 - 30/07/16 09:58 PM

Why does businesses these days need to make these statements about everything trying to persecute like some Muttawa or moral guideline Nazi's. Airlines are into logistics...drop the moral bullshit and politics.

If it's legal go for it...in the grey zone... don't tell anyone..If I ran an airline I would maximize business and customer satisfaction.

I'm sure the stock market and investors will be overwhelmed with joy when they find out how much Qantas loose because of this new stupid "no longer hunter friendly" policy...customers and money that will be sent to the competitors..

--------------------
© "I have never been able to appreciate 'shock' as applied to killing big game. It seems to me that you cannot kill an elephant weighing six tons by ´shock´unless you advocate the use of a field gun." - W.D.M. Bell: Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter.

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: Qantas - No Longer a Hunter Friendly Airline [Re: Yochanan]
      #285921 - 31/07/16 05:09 AM

My Swedish mate arrived in Qld on Thursday for some family stuff before coming down to Vic.
I was initially dismayed when he advised that he was flying with Tiger Air to Melbourne for the pick up. Dismayed as Tiger Air have a record of cancelling flights at random times and I of course thought "ah fuck" not Tiger as I didn't want to do a four hour drive south for SFA!

He was carrying my moose antlers with him from when I hunted in Sweden.Thank fuck he hadn't booked with Qantas as he would have arrived and been told..NO WAY MATE!

WHAT A WONDERFUL CHOICE OF AIRLINE TIGER AIR..NO PROBS!

RECOMMENDED!

Art you are right too!

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

kodiak
.224 member

Reged: 17/06/16
Loc: melbourne, victoria
Re: Qantas - No Longer a Hunter Friendly Airline [Re: gryphon]
      #285937 - 31/07/16 02:31 PM

I knew a young guy who recently got half way through an apprenticeship working on quantas planes they then layed off most of them and out sourced their maintenance, shame their high moral standards don't apply when it comes to taking care their work force, Qantas has always had a rep for being a safe airline, be interesting to see how long that lasts.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: Qantas - No Longer a Hunter Friendly Airline [Re: kodiak]
      #285947 - 31/07/16 07:42 PM

Qantas has said they will carry "non CITES trophies/animal parts" so ...

But I need to see a nclear info sheet on the net, what they will carry and what they will not.

Then if they do not clearly state that if I want to carry a CITES listed trophy where I have the appropriate permits that is not acceptable. I will seek alternative airlines. I am flying to South America this year and will request non-halal meals, a different issue ...

The trouble with having a fag as CEO, is he probably encourages the hiring policy of like minded persons and so we end up with these sorts of BS policies. Where the faggie personal opinions start to saturate an entire ofganisation and its "values".

But also the antis scream and attack the businesses that support hunters. I remember the OUTRAGE from the antis, when Qantas DID NOT OUTRIGHT BAN carrying hunters and hunters trophing immediately after the "Cecil affair".

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Yochanan
.375 member

Reged: 26/01/03
Loc: Volksdiktatur Schweden
      #285959 - 31/07/16 09:44 PM

Quote:

Qantas has said they will carry "non CITES trophies/animal parts" so ...

But I need to see a nclear info sheet on the net, what they will carry and what they will not.

Then if they do not clearly state that if I want to carry a CITES listed trophy where I have the appropriate permits that is not acceptable. I will seek alternative airlines. I am flying to South America this year and will request non-halal meals, a different issue ...

The trouble with having a fag as CEO, is he probably encourages the hiring policy of like minded persons and so we end up with these sorts of BS policies. Where the faggie personal opinions start to saturate an entire ofganisation and its "values".

But also the antis scream and attack the businesses that support hunters. I remember the OUTRAGE from the antis, when Qantas DID NOT OUTRIGHT BAN carrying hunters and hunters trophing immediately after the "Cecil affair".

A shame that Quantas has become such a queer airline...chasing away customers. Non-halal...that was funny.

--------------------
© "I have never been able to appreciate 'shock' as applied to killing big game. It seems to me that you cannot kill an elephant weighing six tons by ´shock´unless you advocate the use of a field gun." - W.D.M. Bell: Wanderings of an Elephant Hunter.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2196

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com