Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: rifle ribs and 12 gauge barrels for sale

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shopping.NitroExpress.com >> Classifieds & Collecting

Pages: 1
Birdhunter50
.375 member

Reged: 03/06/07
Loc: Iowa,U.S.A.
rifle ribs and 12 gauge barrels for sale
      #282752 - 22/05/16 10:31 PM

Gentlemen,
If you are thinking about doing a project gun this year, I still have these ribs for sale as well as hollow bottom ribs to match. These can be put on at least two ways, you can either butt fit them up to the short top rib on your monoblock, or you can machine that part off and overlay these full length. If you do machine off the top rib section, be sure you still have enough contact left between the two sides to hold it together in cases where it was made in two pieces.

I have also left part of the top rib when it was narrower than the new rib and machined a pocket in the bottom side of the top rib so that the new one would fit snugly down over it. Either way makes a nice looking rib without any joint in it. The new bottom ribs are concave formed to match the hollow ground portion of the top ribs and work very well together. I am keeping the prices the same on all these even though the costs to me have gone up.

These ribs come in three lengths, 22.5 inches, 24 inches, and 25.5 inches. These match up with 24,26,and 28 inch barrels. The shorter two sizes are $110.00 delivered and the longest is a special order at $130.00. If you need one for the 28 inch length you will need to let me know well in advance of when you are going to need it. The bottom ribs to match are $35.00 each.

I also have some E.R. Shaw 12 gauge rifled 12 gauge barrels for sale that are plenty large enough to monoblock into a 12 gauge frame, they measure 1.1 inches at the breech end and are 22 inches long. By the time you get them monoblocked into your gun you will be able to have a full 22 inch long set of double rifled barrels. If you thin them down properly, you can end up with a rifled 12 gauge double that weighs between seven and eight pounds, finished, and it will have the proper balance.

These barrels are priced cheaply at $100.00 each plus shipping and make up into excellent rifled guns. These are new barrel take offs and are fully rifled. 22 inches may sound a bit short, but believe me it is not. My own 20 gauge rifled deer gun has 22 inch barrels on it and the sighting and balance is perfect for the deer woods. If you think you are ever going to need a pair of these to build your deer gun, I would strongly suggest you get them now. It won't cost you a dime extra to store them for awhile and they don't eat anything. With the way things are going now, we may not be able to ship out stuff like this for much longer.

You can look at my past postings to see these products in use on guns I have made. The top and bottom ribs together make for a very strong barrel set construction, especially if soldered with Brownells Hi Force 44 solder, and they will save you many hours of construction time plus they are nice and professional looking. Bob H.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Birdhunter50
.375 member

Reged: 03/06/07
Loc: Iowa,U.S.A.
Re: rifle ribs and 12 gauge barrels for sale [Re: Birdhunter50]
      #287264 - 01/09/16 10:09 PM

BTT
P.S.-I have two sheets of instructions that I can send you with your order, all you have to do is ask for them and I will include them with your purchase. One is on contouring these 12 gauge barrels in order to get a nice balanced double with the proper weight and balance. The other sheet is about how to fit up and solder these ribs so that you will have a nicely finished gun when you get it done.
Just mention that you want the sheet on barrels or ribs or both of them, and I will include them. Thanks, Bob

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1027

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com