Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Stalker project in 6.5x55

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
Porker
.224 member

Reged: 05/01/16
Loc: Australia
Stalker project in 6.5x55
      #281804 - 01/05/16 08:37 PM

Hello all,

I recently joined and not too many posts thus far ... absolutely gobsmacked at all the beauties on this forum (referring only to the rifles now...) Being left handed, the usual applies to me as every other bloke in that custom is sometimes the way to go to get what you want. I had a 338WM done on a Ruger M77 (pic) in the US some 3 years ago, and now looking at a 2nd semi- custom in 6.5 for most small/medium applications.

I need my thinking confirmed or corrected by you knowledgable bunch out there!

Bought a LH Remington model 700 in stainless having waited over a year for a LH Win M70 to show up on used guns..missed out on Montana's in LH which arrived a week after I payed for the Rem!.
It will have a bit of a classic feel with a gentry 3p safety and round bolt knob. A 21" barrel with open sights is the plan for a handy pointer and the tupperware will have to do for now until such time I have $ for a stock.

My question is with regards to a Q- rib. Considering a 1-leaf only rear sight and wanted to know if a Winchester featherweight "type" profile barrel would require less hours of work fitting the rib, as it provides a flatter barrel profile to work on (especially if i keep the profile even back to front). Any picture you might have of a project or suggestions would be welcome.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1444

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com