Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Mossberg 590A1, info needed please!

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Shotguns

Pages: 1
Kalunga
.333 member

Reged: 16/06/06
Loc: Germany
Mossberg 590A1, info needed please!
      #281585 - 27/04/16 06:18 AM

Hello Gentlemen!

I would kindly ask You members for some info about the Mossberg 590 A1 Tactical, #51663. I am considering to order that shotgun because it seems to me to be very reliable and sturdy. After some inquiry on YouTube, I learned that the barrels of the 590 A1 are considerably thicker than on standard Mossberg 590s but after checking on the website of Mossberg, I am confused. There one finds twelve different versions of the 590 A1, but only three of them seem to have a "heavy-walled" barrel:

http://www.mossberg.com/category/series/590a1-tactical/

One dealer here is offering the model I want but can`t tell me if the barrel is as thick and sturdy as the military type 590 that is praised on YT.
Now I would like to know if anyone can tell me if the 590 A1 Tactical with the ghost ring sight #51663 has a thicker barrel than the standard 590s or if the barrel is just as thick as the other 590s.
The alternative would be the 590 A1 XS Ghost Ring #51771 but the rear sight seems to me not as sturdy as in the Tactical model #51663.
If any member can help me or has any suggestions I would be very pleased! Many thanks in advance!

Kalunga

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Mossberg 590A1, info needed please! [Re: Kalunga]
      #281593 - 27/04/16 09:52 AM

First off, the picture in that link, shows a light barreled gun. It is not as heavy a barrel as mine is by any stroke.

SRY can't help with the 590, however I have an model 835 (combo) and it has very heavy barrel walls at the breech and a 24" fully rifled tube - very accurate, even with 3" 1 ounce fosters at 1,780fps. Due to the heavy breech it is said to be suitable for some of Ed Hubel's AA Steel Powder loads of 600gr. at up 1,900fps, depending on case length. It is chambered for the 3 1/2" hulls.
The extra barrel is a vent rib 28" with replaceable chokes.
Mine is walnut, not plastic nor camo - older model.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1281

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com