Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Scope bases for a Heym SR20L

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
rpeck

Reged: 06/12/13
Loc: Canada
Scope bases for a Heym SR20L
      #280135 - 02/04/16 05:35 AM

I just picked up a Heym SR20L .270 and need some scope bases. It came with Redfield type rings and bases, but I don't want to use them . I would prefer Weaver-type bases until I find some quality European mounts. It looks like the hole spacings are correct for the same Weaver bases as are used on a Mauser 98. Does anyone have experience with the Heym SR20 and could confirm the correct bases to use. Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
HeymSR20
.300 member

Reged: 23/11/11
Loc: Scotland
Re: Scope bases for a Heym SR20L [Re: rpeck]
      #283539 - 07/06/16 03:12 AM

Yup you are correct. I have just taken a set of bases from an SR20 and put them on a mauser 98. Recknagel make a really nice set of weaver type mounts and rings - New England Custom Guns I think are the North Americal Importer.

rpeck

Reged: 06/12/13
Loc: Canada
Re: Scope bases for a Heym SR20L [Re: HeymSR20]
      #285108 - 13/07/16 03:14 AM

I was almost correct...Its close to being the same as a Mauser 98..real close, but just enough difference to cause all sorts of scope alignment problems. These are problems that wouldn't arise with the Redfield mounts because they can compensate for slight errors in alignment. So the Redfield mount for a Heym SR20 will fit a Mauser 98.

Anyway, I finally figured it out...good thing I have a lot of various Weaver and Weaver-type alloy and steel bases....it was an endless mix and match and I finally got it sorted, but it took time...For the front base I used a steel Warne Maxima Weaver-style base for a Mauser 98 (its lower than the standard Weaver M-98 base). For the rear I used a #55 alloy Weaver base, the same as for an HVA small ring Mauser. They came out to be exactly the same height, parallel with the receiver.

I could go for EAW or other European mounts, but they are generally too high for me.

Edited by rpeck (13/07/16 03:18 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 63 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1198

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com