Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Voere Shikar rifle coments and opinions

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
Regobar
.224 member

Reged: 13/03/13
Loc: Spain
Voere Shikar rifle coments and opinions
      #277843 - 12/02/16 04:43 AM

Hi every one.
I am looking for more info about Voere Shikar model rifles.

Have handle two rifles of this model and maker. One cal. 8x68s and the other one cal. 270 win. has a broken stock and trigger but action and barrel are under good shape.
The 8x68s is on sale for 1000€

I already found info about the manufacturer and period of construction. but not about anyone that owns and used one and that will provide info about shooting performance, feeding relaivility and barrel quality.

Any info and opinion will be appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
aux44
resigned as a member

Reged: 01/03/14
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: Voere Shikar rifle coments and opinions [Re: Regobar]
      #277851 - 12/02/16 09:58 AM

I have owned a 1968 Voere in .243 W cal for quite a while - its marked on lhs action Voere Vohrenbach Germany - Ulm proof marks

as you are probably aware there is a lot of wrong info on the net about Voeres

its not 100% certain but imo highly likely that all Shikars will be the later Austrian made version that bore that Model name - or does it have the Vohrenbach Germany address/Ulm proofing ?

the Shikar design appears to be identical to the German made original - it was only later when Voeres were sold in the US as the Kleingunther K14 that the design was altered quite a lot specifically to meet US tastes

the rifle is a 3 locking lug 60deg lift bolt opening action design

lock time is super fast about 1/4 of that of most factory rifles, and has solid firing pin strike

the early German made Voere rifles are of the highest quality – many sources describe them as the closest thing to a custom grade rifle that you could buy actually made in series production

although mine is a .243 which is a short case for a std large action the feeding is excellent - in fact I can think of no defect in the design construction or useability of my Voere - never liked the 243 cal though

the barrel is medium weight and the same std dia and thread pitch as a large ring Mauser 98, and superbly accurate + well finished – barrel is free floating, and bedding of action to stock is flawless

my rifle shoots sub m.oa. anytime – it has the optional double set triggers (ala German style fitted to guard so stay in while rest of action barrel can be lifted out)

if the condition and price is right you should'nt regret buying

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1872

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com