Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 7-yr-old boy, woman killed by lions in 'rarest of rare' atta

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Asia

Pages: 1
lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
7-yr-old boy, woman killed by lions in 'rarest of rare' atta
      #275938 - 02/01/16 02:03 AM

7-yr-old boy, woman killed by lions in 'rarest of rare' attacks
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/...ow/50339843.cms

"RAJKOT: The man-animal conflict near Gir has once again come into focus as two persons, including a seven-year-old boy and a woman, died in separate incidents after they were attacked by lions on Saturday .
The attacks by the wild cat was described as rarest of the rare by senior forest officials, who also claimed these attacks to be the first of their kind in the state. The population of lions has gone up from 411 in 2010 to 523 in the year 2015 according to the latest counting.

In the first instance, seven-year-old Rohit was attack by a male lion -aged about 6-7 years old -when he was attending nature's call along with his father Rumal Adivasi (25) outside Babra Virdi village of Maliya Hatina taluka of Gir-Somnath district at around 6 am.

Sources said the lion dragged the boy into the forest even as his father shouted for help. Villagers, hearing Rumal's cries, came running and went into the forest area that borders the village and made loud noises, scaring away the lion. However, it was too late as the boy was already torn apart by the wild cat. Forest officials increased vigil around the village to try and nab the lion that has potential of becoming a man-eater. The lion was captured later on Saturday evening and brought to Sasan, said deputy conservator of forest, Sasan.

Rohit's father is a farm labourer from Dahod and had come to do work there. Principal chief conservator of forests (wild life) S C Pant said the lion cannot be termed as a man-eater though villagers say it had eaten some portion of human flesh.

"However, we are closely monitoring the wild cat. It will be caged and sent for rehabilitation at Sasan," Pant told TOI.

The second attack was reported from Samatpara village of Bhesan taluka in Junagadh where Hansaben Dhamecha (45) was attacked when she was collecting firewood from the area outside the village that borders the Gir Sanctuary.

She was rushed to Bhesan primary health centre but was declared dead on arrival.

Describing the two lion attacks as the rarest of the rare, chief conservator of forests (wildlife) A P Singh said, "Lions are royal animals and there has been no case of lions attacking humans unless being provoked. The lion that killed the boy (Rohit) was a radio-collared lion from the nearby sanctuary."
"

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ducmarc
.400 member

Reged: 14/07/14
Loc: fla
Re: 7-yr-old boy, woman killed by lions in 'rarest of rare' atta [Re: lancaster]
      #276641 - 16/01/16 02:11 PM

How do u rehab a lion? This whole liberalism thing has polluted the planet.does the lion know he's royalty? And killing a boy is not royal.oh and gathering wood or taking a dump is antagonizing the lion. U think he was defending Hillary.im sure the slide show at rehab will show the lion the error of its ways

--------------------
'killed by death' Lemmy.. ' boil the dog ' Elvis Manywounds "my best friend is my magnum forty four" hank willams the third.

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: 7-yr-old boy, woman killed by lions in 'rarest of rare' atta [Re: ducmarc]
      #276644 - 16/01/16 04:11 PM

rehab?
Easy...store dummies stuffed with meat and electricity...simple!

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

ducmarc
.400 member

Reged: 14/07/14
Loc: fla
Re: 7-yr-old boy, woman killed by lions in 'rarest of rare' atta [Re: gryphon]
      #277213 - 27/01/16 12:29 PM

If they think anything like my dog it would just piss her off.he loves attacking yellow jackets but can't figure out what's stinging him so bad.

--------------------
'killed by death' Lemmy.. ' boil the dog ' Elvis Manywounds "my best friend is my magnum forty four" hank willams the third.

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: 7-yr-old boy, woman killed by lions in 'rarest of rare' atta [Re: ducmarc]
      #277229 - 27/01/16 07:22 PM

Quote:

If they think anything like my dog it would just piss her off.he loves attacking yellow jackets but can't figure out what's stinging him so bad.

Enough charge and it will stop an elephant.

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: 7-yr-old boy, woman killed by lions in 'rarest of rare' atta [Re: gryphon]
      #277311 - 30/01/16 04:18 AM

Part of human-wildlife conflict and especially humanencroachment on wildlife reserves is the inevitable killings of local residents.

"Answering nature's call" probably meant they were actually wood cutting or something similar in the Park.

I imagine "rehabilitation" here refers to the lion being kept in captivity from now on. Perhaps it is an old beast or one susceptible to becoming a maneater.

Locals usually "fix" this sort of issue with poisoned animal carcasses. Resulting in the continual destruction of tiger and lion populations in India.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2424

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com