Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: 28 Nosler

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
SharpsNitro
.375 member

Reged: 12/08/08
Loc: Arizona, USA
28 Nosler
      #259226 - 20/01/15 02:43 PM

Enjoy:

http://www.28nosler.com/

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: 28 Nosler [Re: SharpsNitro]
      #259236 - 21/01/15 01:08 AM

I had reported on this last fall after hearing the info at a local gun shop. Apparently the Nosler gang will be coming out with an entire line eventually with the Nosler name..

Not buying their claim however that this is the fastest commercially loaded 7mm..

Think all they are really doing is duplicating much of what is already out there..I picked up one of their Patriot rifles last year in 26 Nosler..personally do not like the feel and handling of that rifle..way to clunky feeling for my tastes. In addition not sure how much of a improvement it really provides per my handloads over a 264 Win mag...again, IMHO..

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: 28 Nosler [Re: Ripp]
      #259238 - 21/01/15 02:53 AM

Appears that once the case is EXTRA large for efficiency in that bore size, it takes a LOT more powder to gain even a little velocity.

We see this all the way from the .17 calibres, on up through the chain of command - in bore size.
I am referring to ammo loaded to the same modern specs. for breech pressure.

This is not to say velocities do not increase, because they do - or can. It all depends on how flexible the 'new' round is, how easy it is to develop accurate ammo, and how useful that extra "performance" happens to be - to the new owner.

It's fun to play in the Twilight Zone, but it can be expensive - but it can be fun.

When I went from .220 Swift to the .220 Swift IMP chamber, I gained 10% in capacity, and 0 fps with the 3 powders I was using. Maybe I was already "THERE" - or maybe I was past there?

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Ripp
.577 member

Re: 28 Nosler [Re: DarylS]
      #276872 - 21/01/16 08:05 AM

FYI--there is a really good article in Feb edition of AMERICAN RIFLEMAN by John Barsness..

Ripp

--------------------

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: 28 Nosler [Re: Ripp]
      #276887 - 21/01/16 11:49 AM

When I went from .220 Swift to the .220 Swift IMP chamber, I gained 10% in capacity, and 0 fps with the 3 powders I was using. Maybe I was already "THERE" - or maybe I was past there?

IMP? UN IMP ha ha..thanks for the honest answer Daryl.

My Swift works on the 'fill the case ' method.

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

Ripp
.577 member

Re: 28 Nosler [Re: gryphon]
      #276904 - 22/01/16 01:32 AM

Quote:

IMP? UN IMP ha ha..thanks for the honest answer Daryl.

My Swift works on the 'fill the case ' method.

It's fun to play in the Twilight Zone, but it can be expensive - but it can be fun.

I like the challenge, info and find it very interesting playing with new rounds..as you state..seems as though I never get tired of trying the newest magic "bullet"...

I converted my 280 Remington to a 280AI..picked up about 125-140fps..depending on loads..in my ultralight mountain rifle...

Currently working on getting one of these built per a friends request--should be done in 90 days or less..curious how it will shoot and perform..

One final item mentioned in this was that the barrel life was longer than expected with this cartridge and the 26 Nosler..Per the author said he knew of some shooting over 1500 rounds with no noticeable change in accuracy with the 26 Nosler..they expect even more with the 28 as it is not as over bore..as you probably will not go shoot prairie dogs with this, that is more than a lifetime or two of hunting..

Ripp

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2185

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com