Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: S. Nock 6-bore BP Double Rifle

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Paradox and Bore Guns

Pages: 1
Ash
.400 member

Reged: 10/05/11
Loc: Australia
S. Nock 6-bore BP Double Rifle
      #237528 - 07/11/13 10:54 PM

Just figured you guys might like to see this. Is a rather beautiful gun. Wouldn't it be nice to take after the elephant in India, or tiger and rhino?
2 groove? Like the umm, Baker rifles?

http://www.gunsinternational.com/S-Nock-6-bore-BP-Double-Rifle.cfm?gun_id=100380516

"Description:
Magnificent! One rarely encounters a rifle of these proportions, ornamentation and level of condition! This Samuel Nock muzzle-loading 6-bore double rifle intimidates just sitting in its fitted case. Built ca. 1844 for Amir Muhammad Ali Khan, according to the rib engraving, the rifle's history is unknown up to the time it recently surfaced in the California Central Valley.
The Ali Khan family was reportedly leaders of the Sufis in southern India, in the state of Maharashtra. We understand the family is still prominent, especially on the island of Capri, and that some of their members are involved with the UN refugee committee.
To give some idea of the proportions here, the case measures approx 40-1/2X14X5" and is a chore to lift this 39 pound package. The rifle measures 52-1/4" from muzzle to toe and weighs just over 14 pounds. The barrel set weighs nearly ten pounds on its own. Beautiful gold-inlaid Damascus barrels are 36" long...YES, thirty-six inches! Some bullets and balls are present in the case, but unfortunately no bullet molds. We weighed some of the pictured projectiles: the conical bullet is approx 4.6oz (around double the mass of a 700 Nitro Express projectile) and the rounds 3.1oz. The bore measures 0.935-0.940 at the muzzles (nominal 6-bore is 0.919"), using a vernier. Measuring across the deep rifling grooves this dimension grows to 1.035-1.040" Using a strong light to view part way down the bores, we notice slight patina/discoloration but no red flags as far as roughness or pitting. The bores are relatively smooth to the touch for the first few inches, as far as one's finger can reach, anyhow...
To get a fuller understanding of the scale here, the barrel breech is nearly 2-1/24 inches wide, and we measured 2-1/4" across at the muzzles! The butt is 5-13/16" by 2" wide..pare these dimensions to your upland game gun or medium bore double rifle...
Length of pull is approx 14-1/4" over the contoured steel butt. Wood to metal fit is great, with the metal just a bit proud over the wood due to age. Sculpted hammers with sliding safety bolts, large percussion fences and gold inlaid game scene engraving are in keeping with the Best Quality Pedigree of this early Big Game rifle.
Here is the opprotunity to own a piece of history.

We invite inquiries regarding further details and price."

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
tinkerModerator
.416 member

Reged: 12/03/05
Loc: Nevada
Re: S. Nock 6-bore BP Double Rifle [Re: Ash]
      #237530 - 08/11/13 12:12 AM

Wow Nice!!

Cheers
Tinker

--------------------
--Self-Appointed Colonel, DRSS--

"It IS a dangerous game, and so named for a reason, and you can't play from the keyboard. " --Some Old Texan...

Matabele
.300 member

Reged: 16/09/10
Loc: Zimbabwe
Re: S. Nock 6-bore BP Double Rifle [Re: tinker]
      #237561 - 08/11/13 08:48 AM

Talk about a unique gun!!! Imagine the hours involved in building that..

Ash
.400 member

Re: S. Nock 6-bore BP Double Rifle [Re: Matabele]
      #274004 - 25/11/15 07:06 PM

I don't suppose anyone happened to save these images? I'd love to reupload them here! It's a shame they've been lost.

--------------------

Sarg
.400 member

Reged: 20/01/07
Loc: Nil
      #274014 - 25/11/15 08:48 PM

Yes I have them all but can't do any thing with them as my computer was smashed by RSA-2048 & they are all locked up !

Cool Old rifle !

Ash
.400 member

Re: S. Nock 6-bore BP Double Rifle [Re: Sarg]
      #274021 - 25/11/15 11:24 PM

Oh man that is a NASTY one Sarg...

Edit: Had a look for you. Its annoying but not unbeatable. Looks like it'll take a bit of stuffing around but you can do it.

http://www.wintips.org/remove-cryptowall-virus-and-restore-cryptowall-files/

And this video looks easy to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2sUQFME0bE

Good luck!

PS: Did you know some people deliberately infect their computers to have the fun of beating the virus? Weird but i can see the amusement in it.

Edited by Ash (25/11/15 11:34 PM)

Sarg
.400 member

Reged: 20/01/07
Loc: Nil
      #274057 - 26/11/15 07:07 AM

Thanks for that Ash, but I have had a very good look around & will need to wait for more info to fix it if they ever can, my PC is 10 years old & none of these features that save & back up automatically are in the old girl !

I think those guys use a sacrificial computer & back up files, but yes that is a IT guys hunting !

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  tinker 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4721

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com