Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: New Aussie F/Arms accessory manufacturer's web site

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Rifles

Pages: 1
Homer
.416 member

Reged: 07/04/09
Loc: Canberra, Australia
New Aussie F/Arms accessory manufacturer's web site
      #273163 - 13/11/15 07:49 PM

G'Day Fella's,

Sorry these are hardly traditional hunting stocks but.......
http://www.gcpdarms.com/

Also, stay tuned for more goodies in the future!

Enjoy
Homer

--------------------
"Beware the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity,
Lick it Once and You Will Suck Forever"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Reged: 16/01/08
Loc: DUBBO, NSW, AUSTRALIA
Re: New Aussie F/Arms accessory manufacturer's web site [Re: Homer]
      #273167 - 13/11/15 09:05 PM

Hi Homer,

Can you imagine taking one of those to Africa The P.H. would die of laughter

The way our laws are going, even the look of a 'Tactical' rifle could lead to the demise of ownership and hunting IMO...

yumastepside
.333 member

Reged: 25/10/15
Loc: Tasmania Australia
Re: New Aussie F/Arms accessory manufacturer's web site [Re: CHAPUISARMES]
      #273177 - 14/11/15 12:38 AM

......can we please get away from this American style rubbish ( no offence to our American brothers ), this is not a sporting rifle, what happened to "blued steel and walnut "" ??
Ive been getting the Guns and Ammo Annual every year since the mid sixties and the last couple of years have been nothing but AR's , auto pistols and these pseudo sniper/raygun things.
If you want to destroy our hunter/sportsman image, this is the way to do it. Sorry for the rant but this shit annoys the hell out of me !

Roger

--------------------
If you live for a thousand years, you still only have one life, don't waste it.

gryphon
.450 member

Reged: 01/01/03
Loc: Sambar ground/Victoria/Austral...
Re: New Aussie F/Arms accessory manufacturer's web site [Re: yumastepside]
      #273194 - 14/11/15 05:49 AM

Agree wholeheartedly!

I recently moved house and after having opened up a lot of boxes with hunt mags from the past in them I couldn't help but scan through a few of the old mags.

Outdoors mag and Sporting Shooter mags starting from the mid fifties.

And one sees the evidence very quickly that it is amazing what could be taken hunt wise in Australia with a .22 and a .303 in those days.

Have we evolved that much that we now need such boy warrior crap to "hunt" with.

Inmuch the same vein I went to look at some sound equipment the other day and then shook my head on seeing the plastic finned and ridiculously designed boom boxes...they looked like they came out of a 2050 movie set...baaaah!

--------------------
Get off the chair away from the desk and get out in the bush and enjoy life.

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: New Aussie F/Arms accessory manufacturer's web site [Re: gryphon]
      #273212 - 14/11/15 10:14 AM

You are not alone, guys. The rest deleted. It made me appear somewhat opinionated. LOL

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Homer
.416 member

Re: New Aussie F/Arms accessory manufacturer's web site [Re: DarylS]
      #273277 - 15/11/15 09:35 AM

G'Day Fella's,

Don't hold back now Fella's (I did warn you), let us all know what you really think!

But just remember, if it wasn't for Talented, Skilled and Innovative individuals in the distant past, we wouldn't have today, the things that you blokes now hold so dear!!!

Doh!
Homer

--------------------

yumastepside
.333 member

Reged: 25/10/15
Loc: Tasmania Australia
      #273289 - 15/11/15 01:46 PM

This is not a personal snipe nor an attack on technology, the people that develop this gear are undoubtedly extremely clever and skilled, its the fact that we are forced to endure this stuff as "sporting/hunting" goods.When "hunting" fellow humans becomes a "sport" this equipment will become the "sportsmans" choice, until then its not for me.This is just my personal opinion,and if it offends,well......thats why its MY opinion.
I think the main reason this has annoyed me so much is that when I saw the heading ....New Aussie firearms accessory manufacturer...I was hoping to see some sort of "accessory" supplier like Brownells or NECG, I was hoping for some nice express sights or barrel band.....oh well...shit happens!

Roger

--------------------
If you live for a thousand years, you still only have one life, don't waste it.

Homer
.416 member

Re: New Aussie F/Arms accessory manufacturer's web site [Re: yumastepside]
      #273300 - 15/11/15 05:26 PM

G'Day Fella's,

Yumastepside, no offense taken Cobber!

The thing we all need to remember is, that we were all young once, and Fashion and Trends meant everything to us then!
At the moment, we are going thru the latest Fashion Trend and "Tacticool" and being a "Mall Ninja" is all the rage! A lot of the younger (and no shortage older Powder Burners), want to own a M4, SR-25 and M1A/M-14 etc but are not trusted with these firearms in Australia, so enter the next best option!
It's the old "Supply and Demand" of Capitalist Trade at work, and let me tell you, there is no shortage of "Demand" for these GCPD stocks! And as far as I'm concerned, as long as they are LAFO's and especially New to our sport, I'm all for it as they all vote and a lot of them are now members of The Shooters and Fishers Party, in their State/Territory!

The thing that so many people can't appreciate about these particular GCPD stocks, is the quality of their manufacture and finish! They really are a work of Modern Art and Technology, to behold in the hand!
Not only that, have a look at some of the groups these factory Barreled Actions are achieving, with Drop-In fitment!
No Glass Bedding or trigger adjustments and sub-MOA groups, with Factory ammo!!!

The other thing a lot of people need to remember is, we all had to start some where!
To criticize skilled and talented people, that are willing to have a go and put their neck on the chopping block, when you have done nothing but shuffle other people's paper, all of your life, is easy to do!
In my experience, the only thing so many people "Make" in their lives, are Mistakes and Babies and so many of those, were achieved while they were intoxicated on something Legal or otherwise!!!

So, please stay tuned, as you never know (but I do) what else may come out of this Workshop, some time in the future!

Doh!
Homer

--------------------

Rule303
.416 member

Reged: 05/07/09
Loc: Woodford Qld
      #273332 - 16/11/15 08:40 AM

Might not be every bodies cup of tea but I like them. I appreciate the ergonomics of a proper pistol grip. Helps hold the rifle steady, improves follow up time and, for me, are far more comfortable to use. The style of the stock is far better suited to scope use.

I am not keen on the long single stack magazines. With modern technology and Paul Mausers mathematics there is no reason a good reliable double stack magazine can not be made at a reasonable price. I would happily-if I had the money- use a similar stock on hunting rifles and these sorts of stocks on a rifle that I would use to sit over rabbit warrens.

I still like good timber and blued rifles, I don't think you can beat this combination for beauty and timelessness. Each to there own.

Homer
.416 member

Re: New Aussie F/Arms accessory manufacturer's web site [Re: Rule303]
      #273337 - 16/11/15 09:32 AM

G'Day Fella's,

Rule303, thank you for your observations and kind comments, Very Much Appreciated!

Regards
Homer

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 56 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1833

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com