Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: New to Lee speeds...advice needed.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Lee Speed Forum & Archive

Pages: 1
Gundog01
.333 member

Reged: 16/05/15
Loc: Ohio usa
New to Lee speeds...advice needed.
      #265481 - 24/05/15 11:42 PM

I just bought my first Lee speed, a beatuy with a 30" barrel and original magazine. It points extremely well and fits in perfect.y with my British/German gun collection. Since I am new to them, what's the best reference book out there on the subject? I'd like to find out more about the models and where they shipped too. Is there a dealer who specializes in them where I can find rifles and parts for sale? How woukd you go about collections them? Thank you

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ash
.400 member

Reged: 10/05/11
Loc: Australia
Re: New to Lee speeds...advice needed. [Re: Gundog01]
      #265695 - 30/05/15 08:48 AM

You know that means you need to post pictures here? Congratulations!!! I can't believe no ones replied to this yet?

I don't own a lee speed (definately buying the next one that catches my eye though..) but i'll see how i can go.

Books: I haven't heard of any. There was a fellow in 2010 saying he would be publishing one but i don't know what became of that.

Where they were shipped to - that would be a case by case on individual rifles. If yours has a retailers name (Army Navy, Westley Richards, etc) then you can contact them with the serial number and it will cost a little but they can check their records and give you whatever info they have written down - this can include date, who bought it, details on the rifle, and where it went.

Rifles and parts - you just have to keep your eyes open online and at auctions. I guess you can use parts from any old Lee Enfield if need be (for various spares).

Building collections of them: Why not? They look good, they're collectable, market for them, popular. Go for it

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Ash.

PS: Go through this Lee Speed section of the forum - lots of nice rifles, some good pics of them used on game such as buffalo too!

--------------------

Iowa_303s
.400 member

Reged: 22/03/13
Loc: Iowa, USA
Re: New to Lee speeds...advice needed. [Re: Ash]
      #265696 - 30/05/15 09:45 AM

Welcome to the forum!
Sorry I missed seeing this earlier, I was out of town and off the grid for 3 days at my cabin over the Memorial Day weekend.
I, like Ash, do not YET own a Lee Speed but plan on doing so in the future.
Congrats on your acquision, now post some pictures damn it!

--------------------
Matt

formerly known as Iowa_303

"Once your reputation is ruined you can live your life quite freely."

"Enkelkinder über alles"

jc5
.300 member

Reged: 10/10/07
Loc: West Coast, USA
Re: New to Lee speeds...advice needed. [Re: Ash]
      #266596 - 17/06/15 03:54 PM

Books: I haven't heard of any. There was a fellow in 2010 saying he would be publishing one but i don't know what became of that.
Quote:

Working on it...

--------------------
Researching Lee Speeds and all commercial Lee Enfields. If you have data to share or questions, please send me a PM.

joelblack
.275 member

Reged: 05/06/12
Loc: WI, USA
Re: New to Lee speeds...advice needed. [Re: jc5]
      #266684 - 19/06/15 06:14 AM

I have most of the Army & Navy C.S.L. records. If they happened to be the retailer, I can probably tell you to whom it was sold. I need the serial number that appears on the trigger guard.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3025

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com