Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: The Mobius camera for hunting

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Miscellaneous Topics >> Sporting equipment

Pages: 1
Kalunga
.333 member

Reged: 16/06/06
Loc: Germany
The Mobius camera for hunting
      #264755 - 09/05/15 11:55 PM

Since several years I like to document my hunts with video cameras. For that purpose I bought the Mobius camera and now I would like to share my experiences with the members of Nitroexpress.

For detailed information about the little Mobius camera I think there is no better website than this:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?s=372676f9ece12a5a491cc74496439a62&t=1904559

Also, I made a little video that shows the possibilites and video quality of the Mobius:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bovo4iyC974

As You can see, the video quality is nice but not perfect. Well, what can You expect from such a tiny camera? Especially in low light conditions, the noise is becoming annoying, but that is true with all video cameras.

If the light conditions are fine, the video quality is quite astounding and I guess the competitors are not much better. When You consider the price (I paid about 50,- Euros) I am convinced that this is a good choice for hunters.

Some of the drawbacks of these little actioncams can be fixed with special software, for example ProDrenalin, which is unfortunately only available for M$ Windows and Mac. Other video editing software might be capable of correcting lens distortion, deshaking or zooming in as well, like Kdenlive for example.

A special feature of the Mobius is the possibility to make timelapse photos that can be put together to a video with video editing software. I used Kdenlive for that purpose and it works great. The Mobius made photos every second so the video looks smooth. Of course one needs a tripod for this.

It would be interesting to know if other members use actioncams as well during hunting.

Kalunga

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1050

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com