Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Well, the 'local' gun show is on

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Single Shots & Combination Guns

Pages: 1
DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Well, the 'local' gun show is on
      #264742 - 09/05/15 01:19 PM

It's a small show, but lots of neat stuff.

A single shot side hammer Greener shot gun caught my eye - nice shape - $1,320.00 I think the guy has on it- rust blued- appears original- maybe not.

Also a SXS English London rifle - can't remember the maker's name - not obvious one anyway - nice shape- pretty good bores barrels good shape outside in case, not complete as no tools or moulds - has a 'retailer's' or 'distributor's' name engraved on it - oh yeah .500 3" BPE. seems to me the man wants around $3,000.00 - maybe a tich more.

Too- there's a Husqvarna 7x57 full stock- beautiful shape and out of my price range. If a friend buys my Sharps, I might be able to get it or perhaps something else?? lol.

Oh - a nice .303 Lee Speed with forward and side folding match rear sight as well as the open express hunting sights of standing + 2 leaves and a ladder sight for up to 1,000yards, I assume - all in wonderful condition it's between 1 and 2 thousand Cdn, $$ - I'd kind of like to have that one myself - nice bore condition - if Meril buys my Sharps - so many choices.

Too bad Curl wasn't here yet - lol.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
CHAPUISARMES
.416 member

Reged: 16/01/08
Loc: DUBBO, NSW, AUSTRALIA
Re: Well, the 'local' gun show is on [Re: DarylS]
      #264747 - 09/05/15 04:40 PM

As the saying goes "Wish in one hand and Shit in the other and see what you get first" good luck with your purchases

DarylS
.700 member

Re: Well, the 'local' gun show is on [Re: CHAPUISARMES]
      #264781 - 10/05/15 10:49 AM

If I sell one more rifle, that single shot side hammer W.W.Greener 12 bore is coming home with me. It's a bit pricy, maybe $1,230.00 I think. What do you think.

--------------------
Daryl

Sarg
.400 member

Reged: 20/01/07
Loc: Nil
      #264787 - 10/05/15 03:36 PM

Daryl I think the 500BPE SXS or if too much the Lee Speed, they will hold their value & have a bigger market than a single shot Greener, which sounds way to too much if it were down this way unless it were a 8 or 10 bore !

Could you not have taken a couple of photos, I already have a Lee Speed to pick up in Canada when I get over there, I now think for a Wild Wood Bison in Alberta, it's a pity I don't know how to stay alive in -30 or I could just go up & shoot one by the looks !

CptCurlAdministrator
.450 member

Reged: 01/05/04
Loc: Fincastle, Botetourt County, V...
      #264795 - 11/05/15 12:05 AM

Quote:

Too bad Curl wasn't here yet - lol.

I'll be there a week from today!

Curl

--------------------
RoscoeStephenson.com

YOUR DOUBLE RIFLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.

DarylS
.700 member

Re: Well, the 'local' gun show is on [Re: CptCurl]
      #264800 - 11/05/15 12:32 AM

Had a fellow tell me there were two LeeSpeeds like this one at the Kamloops Gun Show just a while back - one sold for $500.00, the other was priced at over $1,500.00 and didn't sell, could have been BS - but you never know.
The .500 BPE is listed at over $3,000.00.

I'm kind of turning on the Greener - it is so lovely and the bore is superb, but it's almost Cylinder - at least the Cyl. plug won't pass but the .005" choke IC is a bit sloppy. Might shot just fine for grouse and clays at BP Rendezvous - 2 1/2" chamber of course.

In thinking of Holt's pricing, it is a bit steep, I guess.

Maybe I simply need a nice .22 RF bolt gun - like the 77/22. I was looking for a 452CZ or one of the new models - 455's - there were none to be seen. Lots of crap - SKS garbage and of course the Mosin Nagents complete with cosmoline.

Really nice BRNO DS trigger 7x57 - earlier model pre-WII I'm sure, could see no model # on it - slim and full stocked - lovely, too pricey as well- don't remember the number - I do remember bring shocked - looked like a price from Europe - out of THIS world.

I was kind of hoping to sell my Sharps long range rifle - 5" staff on the Soule tang sight, chambered .45 1.9" Sharps globe front - exceptionally accurate with smokeless and jacketed - 7/8" at 100 meters for 10 shots - just a 1"hole almost round hole - had my hunting buddy spotting for me - using the metallic sights, 405RP bullets and 48.0gr. Benchmark - maybe 21,000psi & run 1,850fps from the 35" bl., over 200fps higher than the 24" gave from the Hodgdon manual. That's about max for that bubble-gun bullet on big game, moose or elk. With 61gr. 1F, 2F or 1 1/2F Swiss, it runs from an inch to 1 1/2" at 100 with 506gr. Shmitzer Pointed or 525gr. RN both Lyman moulds. The OAL with 405gr. jacketed is a bit longer than can be used in the .45/70 Marlin, so loading from the Hodgdon Manual works perfectly with jacketed.

It won't bother me if no one wants to buy it. Rifle, sights, dies, about 150 brass and mould for $1,800.00 - not overpriced at all.

--------------------
Daryl

DarylS
.700 member

Re: Well, the 'local' gun show is on [Re: Sarg]
      #264803 - 11/05/15 12:46 AM

Quote:

Daryl I think the 500BPE SXS or if too much the Lee Speed, they will hold their value & have a bigger market than a single shot Greener, which sounds way to too much if it were down this way unless it were a 8 or 10 bore !

Could you not have taken a couple of photos, I already have a Lee Speed to pick up in Canada when I get over there, I now think for a Wild Wood Bison in Alberta, it's a pity I don't know how to stay alive in -30 or I could just go up & shoot one by the looks !

Sarg - tks for the suggestions - yes- the Greener does seem a bit steep, if I remember pricing from Holts. Might you stop by for a visit on the way through to ALTA? I can get you over to Alberta afterwards, to Edmonton, at least, if you are flying in somewhere form there, or meeting in Ed. for a pickup??

The bores on the .500 are quite good, btw. If you want it, I'll pick it up for you, but cannot or will not afford it for myself. Got other more pressing things, like I need $5,000.00 to get a shed built, the end of this month.

I can justify a new toy if it's only around $1,000.00 - maybe?

--------------------
Daryl

Sarg
.400 member

Reged: 20/01/07
Loc: Nil
      #264816 - 11/05/15 07:50 AM

It would be great to call in & catch up with you Daryl, really would, I'm still in the planing stage & narrowed it down to the Bison that come out of the Park up by High Level, I think I need help on them just to stay non frozen, so I'm emailing folks up there for now, I don't have the money to pay a outfitter, so need to trade them !

Also just now I found a chance at Guyana again & that could be more pressing as it may all change down there soon !

That BRNO sounds like a Model 22 if the top of the action was grooved for scope mounting, they are very nice all right.

I'm a bit like you on the cash front, if that 500BPE was a 577BPE, I would be PMing you, same on the $500 Speeder LoL .

Cheers & good luck on the Sharps !

DarylS
.700 member

Re: Well, the 'local' gun show is on [Re: Sarg]
      #264828 - 11/05/15 01:53 PM

Took a closer look at the Lee Speed with the folding match aperture sight today - model #1 and a #2 showed up - both were listed at $1,895.00.

The .500 3" BPE- a commercial for-trade-abroad rife, I assume, no top-end maker's name, no accessories remaining in the case was listed at $8,995.00. Nice bores.

The were all out of my price range, of course as i didn't sell any rifles today. Have 'promises' in a month on my Sharps and a #4 in great shape. We'll seem but in a month, I'll most likely have other interests - but - I would like a S&W .460 or .500 - just because. I've got lots of rifles to play with here - I do need to practice up with aLL THE ml's and especially the 14 bore for Hefley Rendezvous (SEPT) now that I find I am shooting better on open sights without my glasses - at least with handguns. Tests will quickly show if the rifle accuracy improves as well.

--------------------
Daryl

DarylS
.700 member

#264829 - 11/05/15 02:00 PM

There were a number of BRNO ZKK 602's for sale as well, all good used condition. A .358 NM, few .375's a .458 and a .378 WTBY. All were listed at between #1,595.00 to $1,800.00 - bit out-worldly I thought.

A fellow came by my table, looked at a Rem. .22-250 I had and my noted, you're the only one here not selling well over retail. - LOL.

My Sharps was over, but he didn't realize it as there were a couple Italian Model 74'Sharps for $2,000.00 and a business rifle M75 C-Sharps .45/70 for $2,600.00. YIKES!

--------------------
Daryl

Bidgee
.375 member

Reged: 08/04/15
Loc: Northern Rivers, NSW
      #264833 - 11/05/15 03:06 PM

Sounds like a good place to go and have a look even though the bargains are few and far between.

The Lee Speeds would be a nice pick up even though they are about going price except for the '$500' one.

Post some photos so us poor blokes in the antipodies can see a decent gun show!

greenshoots
.300 member

Reged: 23/05/08
Loc: uk
Re: Well, the 'local' gun show is on [Re: Bidgee]
      #264836 - 11/05/15 04:32 PM

wheres the gun show at daryl? for future reference

greenshoots

DarylS
.700 member

Re: Well, the 'local' gun show is on [Re: greenshoots]
      #264859 - 12/05/15 01:31 AM

Our local R&G Club puts it on.

http://www.pgrgclub.ca/

It's not very big show at all - the Kamloops show is much larger. I think we have only 130 tables.

--------------------
Daryl

greenshoots
.300 member

Reged: 23/05/08
Loc: uk
      #264877 - 12/05/15 04:46 PM

looks a nice club we are looking for a club around the kamloops area youngest is building a house in anglemont

greenshoots

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Huvius 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4599

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com