Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Another Lee Speed on Auction ...

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Shooting & Reloading - Mausers, Big Bores and others >> Lee Speed Forum & Archive

Pages: 1
Nailcreek
.300 member

Reged: 13/08/08
Loc: Saukville, WI, USA
Another Lee Speed on Auction ...
      #258229 - 25/12/14 05:58 AM

No relation to the seller ... lower grade LS.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=459269132

--------------------
Veni, Vedici, Veggie ... I came, I saw, I had a salad.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
hollowedpoint
.224 member

Reged: 05/06/14
Loc: Canada
Re: Another Lee Speed on Auction ... [Re: Nailcreek]
      #258451 - 01/01/15 02:23 PM

What would be the approximate value on this type of Lee speed? Sorry completely green to these beautiful rifles.
What makes it a Lee speed? Looks like a army stock. Well except for the awesome sights, and the bolt handle even looks military.

LesLeeSpeed
.300 member

Reged: 14/11/13
Loc: Queensland Australia
Re: Another Lee Speed on Auction ... [Re: hollowedpoint]
      #258452 - 01/01/15 02:50 PM

A true Lee Speed Sporter does not have any military acceptance marks. They were a commercially produced rifle for private sale and as such were finished to a higher quality. Triggers were better, stock wood was higher quality and of a better fit, and the sights were different. They were also offered in various grades, from a quite standard rifle with little difference in appearance to the military version other than the abovementioned, to "Best Gun" quality from the big name makers. Quite a few were purchased for military use by officers who were allowed to use their own kit if they wished.
I have a low end BSA, but the feel of this rifle is far and away much better than most converted military rifles. I also have a commercial LSA N01 Mk1 that was in full military trim. It was converted here to a range pattern rifle many years ago. There is a pretty fair chance that this saw service in the Boer war from the regimental marking on the butt plate, and was then converted to a range pattern by shortening the woodwork and fitting a new barrel here after WW1. Both of these rifles are a much higher quality of finish than the Enfield No1 Mk3 made in 1918 that I have.
Regards
LesLeeSpeed

hollowedpoint
.224 member

Reged: 05/06/14
Loc: Canada
Re: Another Lee Speed on Auction ... [Re: LesLeeSpeed]
      #258575 - 04/01/15 09:30 AM

Thanks for the reply Les!, I managed to score one similar to this. I'll try post some pics or make a new thread once I snap a few pics.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2334

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com