Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Heym 88-B Professional Hunter

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifles

Pages: 1
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Heym 88-B Professional Hunter
      #254598 - 04/10/14 05:28 PM

Heym 88-B Professional Hunter

A plain jane rifle which does the job. Not many frills, but handy for a guy wanting a using rifle.

From Heym-USA:

THEY HEYM 88-B PROFESSIONAL HUNTER (PH)

The 88-B Professional Hunter (PH) is HEYM's answer to client requests for a well-made, reliable, and accurate double rifle - without the aesthetic extras. The engraving may be gone, but the articulated front trigger, automatic ejectors, and intercepting sears that made the HEYM 88B famous are still standard equipment.

The 88-B PH is built specifically for those that value quality over embellishment. And you can rest assured that no corners have been cut in this new model. In fact, the PH really isn't "new" at all. It is the exact same gun as the 88-B SAFARI. Both rifles start and finish with the same components and same attention to detail in fit, finish and regulation. The PH simply lacks the action engraving that some customers find superfluous.

For more information please log onto our website www.heymusa.com.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Postman
.375 member

Reged: 25/09/13
Loc: Canada
Re: Heym 88-B Professional Hunter [Re: NitroX]
      #262831 - 27/03/15 11:18 AM

Yup. This gun rocks!!!

Mine has plain metal. The walnut is an extremely dense "bird's eye walnut". Bloody sexiest piece of wood I've laid eyes on!!! (except for the VERY anatomically correct carving of three luscious concubines my social planner wouldn't let me purchase at the antique store!!)

Anyhow, the gun is a work of art in every respect, simply for the fine fitting of all parts and wonderful regulation that it brags of! Fits me perfectly and shoulders like a fine bespoke shotgun!

500Boswell
.400 member

Reged: 21/07/06
Loc: Queensland
Re: Heym 88-B Professional Hunter [Re: Postman]
      #262834 - 27/03/15 05:00 PM

Nice !

gwh
.333 member

Reged: 28/01/08
Loc: Cairns Australia
Re: Heym 88-B Professional Hunter [Re: 500Boswell]
      #262835 - 27/03/15 08:41 PM

Good looking rifles

--------------------
Hunt hard, shoot straight

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim"

Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, 1910

ozhunter
.400 member

Reged: 18/08/04
Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Heym 88-B Professional Hunter [Re: gwh]
      #262839 - 27/03/15 10:12 PM

Almost picked up the aniversary PH model with the edge scroll engraving. Poor timing with drop of Aus dollar

Rigby270
.224 member

Reged: 24/09/14
Loc: Sussex, England
Re: Heym 88-B Professional Hunter [Re: ozhunter]
      #262848 - 28/03/15 03:27 AM

As we are talking Heym.

Yesterday I received an email from Heym (in Germany) to inform me that they hoped to have my 88B Safari with me by next week.

Heym have been a total pleasure to deal with and, fortunately for me, the chap I was dealing with was American, so no language barrier. It was purely by chance I ended up dealing with the factory in Germany, but their UK agent was the pits and in total frustration I winged an email to the factory. Suddenly, all that couldn't be done, could be done. The only down side was they could not accommodate it in side lock, due to time considerations.

The rifle nearly didn't happen, for a week after I had transfered the deposit to Germany, we discovered my wife had breast cancer. I was all for cancelling the whole shooting match... but Susan would not hear of it. She insisted I went ahead with the rifle and we would simply put our trip back.

With the Heym email came some pictures of the engraving, one of which my wife objected to as it said "from Susan" and she felt she hadn't given it to me. However, I did point out that if it hadn't been for her very positive approach to her cancer, it would never had happened.

I have a very special wife... Today we have just got back from the hospital, where she had her last chemo session and I am pleased to relate that all is progressing as planned. Christmas 1979, her Christmas present to me was an action, engraved plus a little gold inlay. The covering message was "Rigby's are expecting you, just tell them how you want your .270 finished."

So now you know why I sign in a Rigby270... When I have a spare moment I will post some pictures of the .270.

... And the Heym is 416/500NE, optional extractor/ejector, 26" barrels and yes I will post some picture of it as well

[/list]

Rigby270
.224 member

Reged: 24/09/14
Loc: Sussex, England
Re: Heym 88-B Professional Hunter [Re: Rigby270]
      #262849 - 28/03/15 03:32 AM

Can somebody open these photobucket links for me? No panic... I worked it out, at last!

--------------------
JH

Edited by Rigby270 (28/03/15 04:38 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 44 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4763

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com