Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Bear Charge in Russia

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Asia

Pages: 1
Huvius
.416 member

Reged: 04/11/07
Loc: Colorado
Bear Charge in Russia
      #251770 - 08/08/14 01:44 PM

This is why I am more scared of bears than just about anything else.
The charge didn't seem provoked and this bear was looking to tear somebody up!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=91e_1407141260

--------------------
He who lives in the past is doomed to enjoy it.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: Bear Charge in Russia [Re: Huvius]
      #251776 - 08/08/14 04:56 PM

he is incalculably

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

Deutsche_Vortrekker
.333 member

Reged: 27/04/08
Loc: From the Kalahari to the USA
Re: Bear Charge in Russia [Re: lancaster]
      #251794 - 09/08/14 12:38 AM

He was coming in a hurry and good shooting to those Russians. I was trying to pick up on what weapons they were using and thought I saw a shotgun at the end

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Bear Charge in Russia [Re: Deutsche_Vortrekker]
      #251795 - 09/08/14 01:02 AM

Shotguns are normally all they can, or used to be able to own/possess. This info is from 10 years ago, from an Exchange student we took hunting with us, up here.
He was allowed up to 6 shotguns, but could only afford one, and shotguns were all they were allowed to own, no rifles. The shotgun is used for birds, of course, deer and bear hunting. Generally bear hunting (in Yakutsk) is usually done when they are hibernating.

They could purchase inaccurate slugs, or buckshot, which is about useless on grizzlies.

The bush there were hunting in, was no different than most of the bush here. As there, it can be tighter than what we just saw, less time for reaction.

The last head shot appeared to be a slug.

The gun the guy was holding appeared to be a semi-auto 12 bore.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
Re: Bear Charge in Russia [Re: DarylS]
      #251798 - 09/08/14 01:45 AM

Quote:

Shotguns are normally all they can, or used to be able to own/possess. This info is from 10 years ago, from an Exchange student we took hunting with us, up here.
He was allowed up to 6 shotguns, but could only afford one, and shotguns were all they were allowed to own, no rifles. The shotgun is used for birds, of course, deer and bear hunting. Generally bear hunting (in Yakutsk) is usually done when they are hibernating.

They could purchase inaccurate slugs, or buckshot, which is about useless on grizzlies.

The bush there were hunting in, was no different than most of the bush here. As there, it can be tighter than what we just saw, less time for reaction.

You just have to love the GREAT vast knowledge of the goverments around the world don't you..only they are able to tell you what you do and don't need for a firearm...restricted to shotguns only..WTH?? bunch of BS..

Agree, that certainly looked like a 12 gauge ..seemed to do the job...

Always have respect for bears but my feelings are, if they are in an area where they are hunted they will generally give humans a wide berth 99% of the time..its the 1% that you have to worry about..

When you get to areas like Montana and the lower 48 were Griz have not been hunted in a very long time, I am more concerned as they have lost most of their fear of man...an area south of town about an hour is notorious for griz hammering bow hunters every year...cant thing of two many years where there are at least a couple of attacks..

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Deutsche_Vortrekker
.333 member

#251799 - 09/08/14 02:26 AM

Quote:

I recently saw a Jim Shockey hunt in Russia where his guide actually had an AK47 and another had what looked to be an old Mosin . Not having ever been to Russia I have no knowledge of what firearms are allowed there .It may be as in the USA different for different areas. A National geographic special on the Siberian Tigers showed a district Forest officer with what looked to be a Steyr hunting rifle but I am sure he was a government or local official.

Deutsche_Vortrekker
.333 member

Re: Bear Charge in Russia [Re: Ripp]
      #251800 - 09/08/14 02:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You just have to love the GREAT vast knowledge of the goverments around the world don't you..only they are able to tell you what you do and don't need for a firearm...restricted to shotguns only..WTH?? bunch of BS..

Agree, that certainly looked like a 12 gauge ..seemed to do the job...

Always have respect for bears but my feelings are, if they are in an area where they are hunted they will generally give humans a wide berth 99% of the time..its the 1% that you have to worry about..

When you get to areas like Montana and the lower 48 were Griz have not been hunted in a very long time, I am more concerned as they have lost most of their fear of man...an area south of town about an hour is notorious for griz hammering bow hunters every year...cant thing of two many years where there are at least a couple of attacks..

Ripp

Correct; here in Montana especialy the Mission Mountains years of non hunting the Grizzly has led to a different attitude of the Bears toward humans .More and more cattle raiding Grizzlies are encountered along with an ever growing number of human confrontations

DarylS
.700 member

Reged: 10/08/05
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Ca...
Re: Bear Charge in Russia [Re: Deutsche_Vortrekker]
      #251806 - 09/08/14 07:47 AM

Quite shocked young Julus (Dooloos) when we saw several moose, couple does and a nice black bear during our 6 hour drive and walk, not far from here, actually, that late fall day. I stopped at the crossroads of the Pelican Lake road and the 4000 road and snapped this 'shot'

We shot a passel of grouse and had them for supper that night - young man can eat a LOT of grouse. We cooked 12, maybe 13 and they were all gone - and quite a nice young fellow, he was.

Julus kept in touch for a number of years when he married a beautiful young woman, named Lena, I assume, Angelina, as is normal. A number of pictures came over time, his family, but usually with his buddies - generally out hunting bunnies - all packing either SXS or OU Baikals. He was quite shocked when he saw (all) my rifles, the muzzleloaders and then, over at my bro's place, his OU Baikal 12 bore he'd had for over 40 years.

--------------------
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a Spaniel without ears" King George V

Deutsche_Vortrekker
.333 member

#251808 - 09/08/14 10:55 AM

Quote:

Quite shocked young Julus (Dooloos) when we saw several moose, couple does and a nice black bear during our 6 hour drive and walk, not far from here, actually, that late fall day. I stopped at the crossroads of the Pelican Lake road and the 4000 road and snapped this 'shot'

We shot a passel of grouse and had them for supper that night - young man can eat a LOT of grouse. We cooked 12, maybe 13 and they were all gone - and quite a nice young fellow, he was.

Julus kept in touch for a number of years when he married a beautiful young woman, named Lena, I assume, Angelina, as is normal. A number of pictures came over time, his family, but usually with his buddies - generally out hunting bunnies - all packing either SXS or OU Baikals. He was quite shocked when he saw (all) my rifles, the muzzleloaders and then, over at my bro's place, his OU Baikal 12 bore he'd had for over 40 years.

That is some beautiful country

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2356

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com