Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Extremely Rare Kreigoff semiauto rifle

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> 'Classic' Firearms Photos & Archive

Pages: 1
texan72
.275 member

Reged: 06/06/12
Loc: Republic Of Texas
Extremely Rare Kreigoff semiauto rifle
      #250223 - 09/07/14 11:21 AM

so for all you Vintage semiautomatic people out there here is one of the Rarest vintage Semi-autos out there, a 1930 Sempert -Kreighoff Semiautomatic Rifle in 8X60 Mauser , only a estimated 50-75 rifles ever produced in the 10 years they were made. Two variants this is the first the second had the operating handle below the bolt. These were expensive rifles in 1930 when a safari grade double square bridge Mauser with all the bells and whistles cost $250 these cost $500 . Just thought I Share one of the rarest of semi-autos that you hardly ever see Kreighoff historian said less than 10 ever made it over here to the US

[image]pix980510946 by packmule72, on Flickr[/image]
[image]pix808280422 by packmule72, on Flickr[/image]
[image]pix742850510 by packmule72, on Flickr[/image]
[image]pix122721732 by packmule72, on Flickr[/image]
[image]pix117675340 by packmule72, on Flickr[/image]

--------------------
http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com[/

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
xausa
.400 member

Reged: 07/03/07
Loc: Tennessee, USA
Re: Extremely Rare Kreigoff semiauto rifle [Re: texan72]
      #250229 - 09/07/14 02:30 PM

Back in the 70's, when I was doing business with Krieghoff, Heinz contacted me about buying one from a man who had written the company looking for parts to repair the one he had. They of course had no parts (the factory was demolished by the Russians immediately after the War) but were interested in acquiring the rifle. I managed to close the deal and sent the rifle on to Germany. I never heard what became of it or whether they managed to fabricate the parts to make it functional again. It was listed for sale in the 1939 Stoeger catalog.

lancaster
.470 member

Reged: 06/05/08
Loc: There's a lighthouse in the mi...
Re: Extremely Rare Kreigoff semiauto rifle [Re: xausa]
      #250231 - 09/07/14 04:23 PM

because of the receiver it looks like a Browning auto 5 in first moment. does it get the gas for operate the action on the muzzle?

--------------------
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
bringing civilisation to the barbarians

A10ACN
.300 member

Reged: 30/01/05
Loc: USA
Re: Extremely Rare Kreigoff semiauto rifle [Re: lancaster]
      #250380 - 13/07/14 06:49 PM

Now that's cool. I sort of weirdly dig these early odd ball bolts and semis. This one does have a rather Browning A5 shape to it. Curious as to how it works. Does it load from the top, left side? Mag capacity? Appears to be of normal Krieghoff high quality. Bet after several rounds of 8x60 most owners laid these aside, especially if bitten by that high mount scope!

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: Extremely Rare Kreigoff semiauto rifle [Re: A10ACN]
      #250611 - 18/07/14 05:41 AM

Can you tell us more about it?

What is the "second tube" under the top one? A magazine? A gas tube? Or?

Thanks for posting the photos.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (19/07/14 06:00 PM)

texan72
.275 member

Re: Extremely Rare Kreigoff semiauto rifle [Re: NitroX]
      #250681 - 19/07/14 06:44 AM

yes the tube under the barrel is a gas tube, they had another version with a short gas tube. They are very rare and bring high prices, this one is mine and there is not much info on them anywhere , I have spoke with a few fellow German gun collector's and got a little more but not much.

--------------------

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
      #250706 - 19/07/14 06:11 PM

Thanks.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

kuduae
.400 member

Reged: 13/01/10
Loc: middle of Germany
Re: Extremely Rare Kreigoff semiauto rifle [Re: NitroX]
      #251137 - 27/07/14 10:38 PM

The Krieghoff self loader receiver may resemble a Browning A5 one at first glance if looked at from the right side, but here the similarity ends. Note the receiver being hardly longer than an 8x60 cartridge! The Krieghoff action is unique among selfloaders as it is a true falling block action. The left side of the receiver contains a 3-shot magazine, fed through a trapdoor at the top. On firing, gas is trapped in a chamber in front of the muzzle, just like in the prototype Garands. This gas impinges on a piston inside the tube under the barrel and pushes it back. At the rear end of the piston rod there is a carrier inside the receiver. After a movement of about 5mm the carrier pulls down the breechblock. Now a clever groove-and-stud arrangement moves a separate “cartridge handler”, faster and farther than piston rod + carrier. The cartridge handler extracts the empty case from the chamber and ejects it to the right. At the same time the carrier cocks the internal hammer. Piston rod and carrier are now pushed forward again by a coil spring around the piston rod. The “cartridge handler” now strips a new cartridge from the magazine on the left and chambers it. At the forward end of it’s travel the carrier pushes up the falling breechblock again and locks it in the “up” position, ready for firing again. The whole action may be dis- and reassembled without any tools. The safety inside the trigger guard blocks the trigger. The triggers usually have a “single set” feature, also unique among self loaders. AFAIK only about 30 specimens of the Krieghoff semiauto rifles were ever made, most of them exported to the USA via Stoeger. An improved version with a short gas tube and detachable magazine was built as a few prototypes only.

texan72
.275 member

Re: Extremely Rare Kreigoff semiauto rifle [Re: kuduae]
      #251160 - 28/07/14 05:25 AM

Thanks for the extra info , I do not know much about them at all. Very helpful thank you
and I do know where at least one of the shorter gas tube prototypes is located here in the US

--------------------

Edited by texan72 (28/07/14 05:27 AM)

texan72
.275 member

#251316 - 31/07/14 03:25 AM

took some better pictures they are on FB if someone wants to throw them up here that is fine with me but I can get any of my share sites to upload at the moment thanks RJ
https://www.facebook.com/classichuntingr...e=1&theater

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5184

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com