Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Zim hunt 2013

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunt Reports

Pages: 1
NSW_HUNTER
.224 member

Reged: 31/07/09
Loc: NSW Australia
Zim hunt 2013
      #245418 - 10/04/14 04:52 PM

Area - Zimbabwe midlands
Outfitter - Mazuri Safaris
PH - Ryan Lowe
Animals taken - Eland,Kudu,Impala,Bush pig,Steinbuck,Duiker and Baboon
Rife - Blaser R93 in 9.3x62 using 286 gr Barnes TSX handloads

I spent 10 days last October at Eleanor Lowe's ranch (wife of the late PH Allan Lowe)my PH was her grandson Ryan who is a top young PH that I really enjoyed hunting with and learning from he puts in 110 percent effort and is very passionate about ethical free range hunting and conservation. My main two animals I wanted to get were Eland and Kudu I managed to get my Eland on day 2 after a long track and stalk, after seeing 4 or 5 mature Kudu tracks we managed to catch up with a shooter on day 8. I also managed to get 2 bush pig both in the day which I have been told isn't that common as well as 2 Implala a Steinbuck,Duiker and Baboon. The Barnes TSX worked very well they opened up on everything I shot from close range out to 250 meters every animal was taken with one shot except the Baboon which required a finishing shot. We mostly ate what we shot as well as other game meat which was complemented with traditional side dishes all meals were very well prepared all in all I had a fantastic time with great hunting,food,accommodation and hosts which I now consider friends this was my first trip to Africa and I can say that I well and truly have the bug and will be back before long.

--------------------
where ever your boots will tread may game end up dead

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  HuntReports, NitroX 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2203

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com