Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: Fox in Tasmania.

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Hunting >> Hunting in Australia, NZ & the South Pacific

Pages: 1
Prev_Forum
.333 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Web
Fox in Tasmania.
      #240 - 30/12/02 04:12 PM

A warm G`day to all, as some of you will know i have moved to tasmania, and have been here about 5 months now , and this is the first chance that i have had to get back into Nitro. I thought i might just let you all know that somehow the european fox has been realeased in Tasmania and is causing untold damage to the small fauna in this state, i have spoken with the parks and wildlife service here and was upset to hear that they intend to use 1080 poison in an attempt to rid the island of this pest, as some of you will know 1080 can stay in the bone marrow of a dead animal for up to 2 years, therefor puting the the other native scavengers at risk. i have been a fox hunter most of my adult life, and would love some some support on how we as responsible shooters could deal with this problem in much more friendly to native fauna way than a poison that kills everything, so if you have any ideas please let me know.
regards Bushman.

First Previous 2-7 of 7 Next Last Delete Replies

Recommend Delete Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

I watched a whole show on it today and how they still seem to have the little critters running and how the fox proplem is just starting to get out of hand and ya forgot cats

Recommend Delete Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

TALLY-HO !

Recommend Delete Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

I can't believe you got the Men In Pink in before I did! I ride as well and my horse used to be a hunter.

Recommend Delete Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

One has to be quick or dead old boy.

Recommend Delete Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Is there still fox hunting with horse and hounds in the UK? I know Blair was trying to get rid of it.

Around here I think there is one group (what's the term for a group of fox-hunters?) that still does it. Supposedly just chasing a scent lure but there is also plenty of foxes in them dar hills as well.

Recommend Delete Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

British terminology: Hunting foxes with hounds - hunting. The group of people who do this- a hunt. Hunting with guns is never called hunting. If using shotguns against birds you are shooting. If using rifles against deer and the like you are stalking. We could have things simple, but where's the fun in that?.

There still is hunting (foxes) in England although its been banned in Scotland. The debate rages on. Parliament (currently full of Phoney Blair's ilk) has voted for a ban, but the bill ran out of debating time and so was not passed as law.

I've never hunted myself but would if I got the chance. There are three reasons for this:

a. The riding is amazing - galloping and jumping hedges etc.

b. I doubt very much that the 'antis' will go quietly home if hunting is banned. I suspect that shooting and even fishing would be next.

c. I like the idea of breasting down some unwashed, gnarly toothed, dreadlocked anarchist masquerading as an animal rights campaigner. My horse is 17.1 hands high and weighs 3/4s of a tonne - stand in the way of that, protester boy!

--------------------
Message from previous message board

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:   

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1420

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com