Home | Ezine | Forums | Links | Contact
NitroExpress.com: MY New Krieghoff 500NE with EJECTOR

View recent messages : 24 hours | 48 hours | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | 60 days | More Smilies

*** Enjoy NitroExpress.com? Participate and join in. ***

Double Rifles, Single Shots & Combinations >> Double Rifle Photos & Archive

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
500Nitro
.450 member

Reged: 06/01/03
Loc: Victoria, Australia
Re: MY New Krieghoff 500NE with EJECTOR [Re: Nitro_Andreas]
      #238601 - 03/12/13 10:37 AM

Nitro

I believe in calling a spade a spade, hope it doesn't come across as too harsh.

Anyway, it is all in the best "traditions" of the British gun making trade !!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Reged: 25/12/02
Loc: Barossa Valley, South Australi...
Re: MY New Krieghoff 500NE with EJECTOR [Re: Jaguarhunter]
      #238607 - 03/12/13 12:16 PM

Quote:

...sorry friends, but the engraving...

It looks like the engraver did see the animals in real life, even not in the zoo.

The lion looks like a muntant, combinated with an wulf...

So very polite ...

One sees all sorts of engraving on many brands of rifles, from works of art to plain to less skilled at times.

Actually if you look at some of the drawings and paintings of early depictions of lions and other beasts they can be a little off many times. I know a building in a nearby city has two great lion statues at its doors with erect ears which give them a dog like appearance.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Govt get out of our lives NOW!
"I love the smell of cordite in the morning."
"A Sharp spear needs no polish"

Edited by NitroX (03/12/13 12:30 PM)

Cazadero
.375 member

Reged: 17/10/11
Loc: Texas
Re: MY New Krieghoff 500NE with EJECTOR [Re: 500Nitro]
      #238609 - 03/12/13 12:21 PM

Quote:

I quite like the other animals, except the Buffalo.
He seems a bit out of sorts.

Here's one better suited to you.

Edited by CptCurl (03/12/13 01:09 PM)

500Nitro
.450 member

Re: MY New Krieghoff 500NE with EJECTOR [Re: Cazadero]
      #238612 - 03/12/13 12:30 PM

He looks like he has just received a Texas Heart shot with a solid !!! LOL

416rigby
.300 member

Reged: 16/11/05
Loc: Port Angeles, Washington USA
      #238616 - 03/12/13 03:25 PM

I'm a bit confused about the sights. You have a standing leaf marked for 50yds and it also looks like the first folder is marked 50yds. Am I missing something?

Ok, I am not trying to start a fight here but some folks would have some heartburn with somebody saying they aren't rich when they just dropped 10 or 15 grand or whatever the cost on a gun. I sure can't do that. I guess "rich" is a relative term, and I would guess (and I could be very wrong here) that the majority of double rifle owners are at least what most people would call "more affluent". Sure I have some nice guns, but if I wanted to own a double (which I do, someday) I'd have to sell all of my guns I have now to be able to afford an old beater of a double rifle.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you. I'm twice your age and still can't afford one.

--------------------
"Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun"

U.S. Coast Guard, retired

500Nitro
.450 member

#238618 - 03/12/13 04:09 PM

You are observant. I hadn't noticed that even though I did notice the 50 yards.

Nitro_Andreas
.224 member

Reged: 07/11/11
Loc: Norway
      #238623 - 03/12/13 08:18 PM

yes its a 50-50-100 express sights

the fixed 50 is moore open view for quick shots, the 50 and 100 leafs are for moore accurate shots
because then you will have too keep the sights perfect in line with the front sights.

hehe it cost moore then 10-15 grands. when i see what the price is for a krieghoff with ejector and less uppgrades then mine, you are closer to 18, so around 20.000 dollar, if you wanne have one with the same spec.

hehe i have spend a lot off overtimes hours at work to put in a order for this rifle hehe.

when it comes to the inngraving, i just paid a price they charge for Big game inngraving, and i provided the pictures for the elephant and rhino. and i am happy how they turned out. in terms what i paid.
when it comes to the lion head, i did not provide pictures.. maybe i should have. but its okey, good enough for me. not many krieghoffs have monograme plate anyway, so thats make it special

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

Re: MY New Krieghoff 500NE with EJECTOR [Re: 416rigby]
      #238624 - 03/12/13 09:36 PM

Quote:

Ok, I am not trying to start a fight here but some folks would have some heartburn with somebody saying they aren't rich when they just dropped 10 or 15 grand or whatever the cost on a gun. I sure can't do that. I guess "rich" is a relative term, and I would guess (and I could be very wrong here) that the majority of double rifle owners are at least what most people would call "more affluent". Sure I have some nice guns, but if I wanted to own a double (which I do, someday) I'd have to sell all of my guns I have now to be able to afford an old beater of a double rifle.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you. I'm twice your age and still can't afford one.

I'm going to chime in here. Because this topic comes up every now and again. I'll include some of my personal comparisons.

Yes, the majority of double rifle owners tend to be more affluent. Some are filthy rich though!

But a lot are also common guys and probably don't earn more than you do.

But it really comes down to choices. Here is some examples. Guys from another forum in Australia used to moan about how poor they were, how DRs were only for rich bastards, that sort of thing. But almost all of these persons had a 4WD or car that was less than four years old. Some of their 4WDs/SUVs must cost two or three times my most expensive DR!!! BTW my Landcruiser is a 1990 model, and my car is around a year 2000 model.

Some of these guys were jealous because I showed photos of my quad bike. They said they would like one like that but couldn't afford one. They would like one for hunting trips ..... HELLS BELLS - I don't own one for hunting, I own it for 100% farm use. The only hunting it does is near home, as it never goes on a long trip. So far anyway. I couldn't afford it just for "luxury" hunting trips.

Flat screen TVs? I got my first one only last year. Seeing as I had to upgrade to a digital signal I got a bloody big one too.

When these forums first started off, we had a member who was a police officer and claimed he could never afford to hunt on a safari in Africa, it was only for the rich. A similar topic to expensive double rifles is expensive African safaris. I pointed out to this guy that he had three gun safes and probably around 400 to 500 firearms all together, being a large military rifle collection. If he sold off one-third of them he could easily go on a hunting safari. He admitted he could never do that, but didn't like the reality pointed out.

Some people have big families and lots of kids. Some men have lots of ex-wives!

Some guys have two jobs, or part time/second business to feed their hunting and fine guns obsessions. Or some other means to an end.

As I said it SOMETIMES comes down to choices. Not knocking any of the above, but if the results are due to personal choices, then one lives with the result.

NE btw is a fine guns and hunting site. One doesn't have to own a $20,000 or $200,000 rifle! Some of the fine rifles eg some of the mausers and mannlichers - check out the auctions - are actually similar in price to the modern commonly produced rifles eg from $700 and up of course, except far far nicer. I have seen double rifles from $2000 to $9000 in price, medium calibres can be cheaper, and second hand big bores in plain models can be in the $7G to $9G range if one is lucky. But don't expect good engraving or quality walnut to come cheaply.

Edited to add: And guys using Remchesters are more than welcome. In the end they are tools to use for hunting and shooting. I own mine for hunting, and sometimes wish for less guns and more hunting myself. (end edit)

Some guys buy one, go on a safari and sell it again afterwards. Not for me, I want to die with mine.

Bear in mind also cultural differences. European hunters often are willing to purchase firearms of far higher quality and higher prices than most firearm owners are willing to spend in Australia and the USA. They are also often limited to the number they can own, but also are willing to invest in long term quality. JMO.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

Edited by NitroX (03/12/13 11:46 PM)

Nitro_Andreas
.224 member

Re: MY New Krieghoff 500NE with EJECTOR [Re: NitroX]
      #238630 - 03/12/13 10:52 PM

Jepp so true. we can only own 6 hunting rifles in Norway. but you can also own competion rifles and hand guns at side, but everything has to be documented.

So the 6 guns you own. good quality rifle made in europe ;p

500Nitro
.450 member

#238631 - 03/12/13 11:18 PM

NitroX

Well put.

Cazadero
.375 member

#238638 - 04/12/13 12:29 AM

Quote:

NE btw is a fine guns and hunting site.

Quote:

I own mine for hunting, and sometimes wish for less guns and more hunting myself.

Some guys buy one, go on a safari and sell it again afterwards. Not for me, I want to die with mine.

Me too.

Maybe not with them per se, but I'll own them until I'm gone.

NitroXAdministrator
.700 member

#238640 - 04/12/13 01:01 AM

Quote:

Maybe not with them per se, but I'll own them until I'm gone.

Ha ha. Not what I meant.

--------------------
John aka NitroX

416rigby
.300 member

Reged: 16/11/05
Loc: Port Angeles, Washington USA
      #238689 - 04/12/13 04:50 PM

Oh yeah I agree it's about choices. Absolutely. I can't sell off all my current guns to fund a double because I still wouldn't have enough. Also several of them are family heirlooms so they will keep being passed down. In the end, I know I have H&H taste on an H&R budget, but that's ok. I'm luckier than a lot of people these days. I have a few really nice guns that I'm very happy with and that's ok, too. I'm simply never going to be in a different position unless that winning lottery ticket comes my way.

Now, where did I put that darn ticket?

--------------------
"Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun"

U.S. Coast Guard, retired

Sunshine
.224 member

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: Cape Town, South Africa
      #238861 - 06/12/13 09:37 PM

What I cannot understand, why do they engrave like this…?

Krieghoff
Classic
Germany

I mean every hunter should be aware of the fact that Krieghoff is a German company. A short while ago I purchased a Krieghoff Hubertus single-shot rifle, there is also that bloody 'Germany' engraved. I'm German, so 'Germany' is not the problem, but in my opinion, that looks cheap. Are there well-known gun manufacturers in England or Italy which engrave the name of the country as bold as in this case?

Nitro_Andreas
.224 member

Re: MY New Krieghoff 500NE with EJECTOR [Re: Sunshine]
      #238919 - 07/12/13 06:02 AM

Because if something is made in germany, it means quality.

Yes british double rifle is Nice looking and all that.
But german steel has allways been better than british hehehe

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
      #239479 - 18/12/13 04:05 PM

Nitro_Andreas,

Very nice rifle, and a very good choice. Hope to see hunting pics soon.

Good hunting!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

mehulkamdar
.416 member

Reged: 09/01/04
Loc: State of Ill-Annoy USA.
      #239481 - 18/12/13 04:08 PM

Getting out of one marriage with more than your clothes on is hard enough. Pity the poor, deluded folk who have many ex-wives!

That said, here's wishing that all of our members can get whatever rifle they have their heart set upon, and that they get to go on their most wished for hunt with them. May the spirit of Christmas bring happiness and good hunting to everyone!

--------------------
The Ark was made by amateurs. Experts built the Titanic.

Mehul Kamdar

Nitro_Andreas
.224 member

Re: MY New Krieghoff 500NE with EJECTOR [Re: mehulkamdar]
      #239541 - 19/12/13 07:47 PM

its just stupid the laws you have in the states where you wife/ex wife can rob you for everything you own.

Here you can keep everything, if you own it. if you bouth own the house you split it in half, but your money is your money.

and you will have to pay child support, but not if you have 50/50

Ripp
.577 member

Reged: 19/02/07
Loc: Montana, USA
      #239552 - 20/12/13 01:17 AM

Quote:

Yes. but i think thats the rule for whole europe

because we fly from Norway then to Germany then to Africa. if you choose to change fly in say
Britan in heathtrow... you gun is gone or misplaced,
and if you land in Holland, that could also cause problems.

so best thing is to middle land in germany, they dont stop function as soon as they see a gun breifcase, then the best thing you can hope for is that the africans that handle your bag is honest.

Wish i was Rich.. could just fly my personal jet down to africa, and hold my rifle the whole trip hehe.

how is it for your guys that live in australia or USA? just one flight? or do you also have to middle land?

It seems as though it depends on where you are gettting on the plane at--When I traveled to Kyrgyzstan last month..in the US, security had me put the ammo in a seperate bag away from the LOCKED firearm..which, based on my flights to Africa, is the norm..

However in Kyrgyzstan, they had me put the ammo with the rifle in the locked case..

In Africa, I have always had to keep them seperate..heck, once they found a empty fired brass off of my .416..they had me walk all the way down to the luggage dept. and put my case in with the rest of the ammo in my luggage...so guess it all depends on where you are at..

Ripp

--------------------
ALL MEN DIE, BUT FEW MEN TRULY LIVE..

Ripp
.577 member

#239553 - 20/12/13 01:25 AM

Quote:

NitroX

Well put.

Agree--I am certainly NOT rich as I would define it...but again it truly is all relative..

If you make $100,000 a year or more, it is probably in around the top 5% income in the world..in the US that would be in about the top 10-12% I would guess...again I am only guessing...but basing it on our current leaders tax push to spread the wealth here in the US..anyone makeing more than 150,000 is getting hammered right now on taxes..meanwhile, from what I have heard, 49% of the US households right now--someone in that household is getting some form of goverment asistance..but thats a whole other story...

As stated, I plan to die with my doubles as well, but had(KEY WORD) an ex-wife that did her best attempting to make sure that would not happen...

That is why divorces are so expensive..like a fine double, cause they are worth it..

Ripp

--------------------

Nitro_Andreas
.224 member

Re: MY New Krieghoff 500NE with EJECTOR [Re: Ripp]
      #239556 - 20/12/13 02:10 AM

you dont pay a lot of tax in the states.

i pay 36% tax of my income of ca 100 000 dollars if converted.

Claydog
.375 member

Reged: 17/08/12
Loc: Katherine, Northern Territory ...
      #239613 - 20/12/13 07:15 PM

Cazadero
I noticed the rear sight on your kreigoff. Is that the same as the one Richard Cooke has on his .500. If it is could you let me know what type it is. It is the best I have ever used.

Ripp
.577 member

#239625 - 21/12/13 01:33 AM

Quote:

you dont pay a lot of tax in the states.

i pay 36% tax of my income of ca 100 000 dollars if converted.

Wish that was the case --and while it was bad before, its much worse now with Barry Obama in office..
between state, federal, social security, self-employment, property, etc..I pay much more than 36%..

Ripp

--------------------

Edited by Ripp (21/12/13 01:42 AM)

Cazadero
.375 member

Re: MY New Krieghoff 500NE with EJECTOR [Re: Claydog]
      #239659 - 22/12/13 02:12 AM

Claydog,

When I ordered this rifle in 2002 they asked me if I wanted the optional see-through rear sight and I said yes even though prior to that time I didn't even know that it was an option.

I'm glad I did because for close range shooting it really presents a great site picture. Richard's .500 has the same design as regards the see-through part - only the shape is slightly different. Richard's is angled towards the rear just a bit.

I've shot buffalo at 40, 60, and 80 yards with this rifle, but I've had numerous others in my sites over the years (that we passed on) and in the really thick stuff I can't think of a better option.

I'm too much of a traditionalist to put on a scope or a holographic site. To paraphrase EH - When I can't shoot well anymore [with open sites] I'll stop hunting buffalo.

Maybe.

Nitro_Andreas
.224 member

#239702 - 23/12/13 09:33 AM

i choose the express leafs sight on mine because i`m traditional, and it was 811 dollars extra.
I choose to have it ready to use for scoope.. if i wanted one in the future.. but im not gone ;p
i will shot with open sights

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CptCurl 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 19168

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us NitroExpress.com